The Student Room Group

I need HELP on this ESSAY QUESTION!!!

The House of Lords is an anachronism and ought to be abolished. Discuss

I am so confused on what to write. Please can someone help me. Just give me some points.

Do i just talk about the ads/disads of the House of Lords.?

Thanks.
Original post by ********
The House of Lords is an anachronism and ought to be abolished. Discuss

I am so confused on what to write. Please can someone help me. Just give me some points.

Do i just talk about the ads/disads of the House of Lords.?

Thanks.

Yes, just do it on advantages and disadvantages. Link ads/disads together too. Maybe focus slightly more on disadvantages as the question says the the HoL should be abolished.

Hope the reply isn't too late. xx
Reply 2
You don't have to put more disadvantages just because the question says it shouldbe abolished, that's just a statement. It's looking for you to provide an argument, disucss the advantages and disadvantages and state your own opinion, show clearly that you're on a certain side but still consider the other.
Reply 3
Original post by DairyFreeEvie
Yes, just do it on advantages and disadvantages. Link ads/disads together too. Maybe focus slightly more on disadvantages as the question says the the HoL should be abolished.

Hope the reply isn't too late. xx

OMG thank you so much for answering. I was literally going mad :smile:.
Thanks once again - i got your answer just in time :smile:
OMG thank you so much for answering. I was literally going mad :smile:.
Thanks once again - i got your answer just in time :smile:

Due in after half term? :smile: I'm in the middle of a radical feminism essay :frown:
Reply 5
Due in after half term? :smile: I'm in the middle of a radical feminism essay :frown:

Yeah, it's due in after half term :biggrin:
I also had to do a feminism essay - including radical feminism. Do u need any notes or help?
Yeah, it's due in after half term :biggrin:
I also had to do a feminism essay - including radical feminism. Do u need any notes or help?

O cool :smile: My essay's on how radical femisnism is dead. I've only got a few points at the moment. I've talked about patriarchy (gone against it by saying liberals think there are public and private lives), post feminism, conservatism and liberal feminism. I've only written a page so far :frown: I need at least two sides.
Reply 7
O cool :smile: My essay's on how radical femisnism is dead. I've only got a few points at the moment. I've talked about patriarchy (gone against it by saying liberals think there are public and private lives), post feminism, conservatism and liberal feminism. I've only written a page so far :frown: I need at least two sides.

That's a lot. Have you talked about Marxist feminism and different feminism? I don't know if u need it. for one slide, you can talk about the criticisms of radical feminists.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending