The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2011: Because when you're a lawyer it's never too early!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard anything back from Reynolds Porter Chamberlain after the message below? I know people have both been rejected and put forward for interview, so wondered if anyone had heard anything?

Thanks

"Thank you for recently completing our verbal reasoning test. Your application remains under consideration as we are still managing the process of reviewing applications and considering candidates to invite for an interview."
pretty much been rejected from everything so far! Nabarro, White & Case, Weil! sooo demotivating!! :frown:
Original post by stalky234
Anyone heard anything back from Reynolds Porter Chamberlain after the message below? I know people have both been rejected and put forward for interview, so wondered if anyone had heard anything?

Thanks

"Thank you for recently completing our verbal reasoning test. Your application remains under consideration as we are still managing the process of reviewing applications and considering candidates to invite for an interview."
Similarly, anyone heard back from Bircham Dyson Bell after sitting their situational judgment test?
Original post by cinderella1990
pretty much been rejected from everything so far! Nabarro, White & Case, Weil! sooo demotivating!! :frown:
Keep your spirits up. You'll get there in the end.
Reply 3204
Original post by Frances99
Similarly, anyone heard back from Bircham Dyson Bell after sitting their situational judgment test?

Still waiting, as is a friend. With the news I've had so far, I'm starting to think no news is bad news. Meh.
Reply 3205
Still nothing from White & Case for me... For those who heard today, did you get an email just in cvmail or in your normal inbox too? I checked both, but nothing yet...
Original post by Mio
Still waiting, as is a friend. With the news I've had so far, I'm starting to think no news is bad news. Meh.
I think they said they'd be in touch by the end of March but I was hoping to hear sooner rather than later! I looked on their web site and all of their trainees appear to be 'career changers' whereas I'm six months out of university and just working in another one!
Original post by H.S.M
Still nothing from White & Case for me... For those who heard today, did you get an email just in cvmail or in your normal inbox too? I checked both, but nothing yet...

nothing here either ! could be either way, but for the time being no news is good news?
Reply 3208
Original post by phonebooth
nothing here either ! could be either way, but for the time being no news is good news?

I have no idea. I'm trying to stay neutral. I'd really just like to know now though.
Reply 3209
Cobbetts assessment centre :biggrin:
Just when I was giving up hope, so happy!

Now also a little bit terrified!
There's a written exercise. As a non-law, any way of preparing?

Well done to everyone's offers the last few days. And for those with rejections, don't give up!
Original post by Frances99

I'm waiting on this one too but they said by end of march
Original post by H.S.M

was cheerfully waiting for me in my email inbox :biggrin:
Original post by stalky234

Thanks

Still heard nothing.........
VS at Eversheds!
Rejected from DLA today :frown:

Anyone applied to Bristows? Is it too late to apply?

Also for those of you with Vacation schemes/training contracts - any suggestions as to what candidates without vacation schemes should do in the meantime?

They say commercial awareness through work in banks/retail/etc which I have and work at high street law firms...but the latter don't prove very useful....

Any ideas/hints/tips?

Thanks for this forum guys, it's helped keep me motivated and less of the self pity :smile:
Reply 3215
Original post by Daisy13
Cobbetts assessment centre :biggrin:
Just when I was giving up hope, so happy!

Now also a little bit terrified!
There's a written exercise. As a non-law, any way of preparing?

Well done to everyone's offers the last few days. And for those with rejections, don't give up!

AC at Cobbetts as well :smile: I found there were no law related questions so not being a lawyer didn't impede me in any way. Infact it helped as I knew at least one of the questions would be 'why law now? and why not at uni?'
Reply 3216
Anyone got SJ berwin offers (post interview) coming through? I remember someone got one 9pm on a friday and reaaaallllyy hoping this might happen tonight!! Fingers crossed...
Reply 3217
still nothing from herbert smith

*twiddles thumbs*
Reply 3218
Original post by llriver
Anyone got SJ berwin offers (post interview) coming through? I remember someone got one 9pm on a friday and reaaaallllyy hoping this might happen tonight!! Fingers crossed...

exactly the same with me. i had my interview last tuesday (15th) and still haven't heard :s-smilie: when was your interview?
Reply 3219
I got an offer for the Baker & McKenzie International Placement Scheme. Soooooo incredibly happy, I cannot believe it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending