I am an international student
Junior at a local university in my country
studding Bachelor of Business and Economics, major in Marketing
i expect to graduate in June 2011
i am willing to apply for graduate degree in Marketing in 2011/2012
when is best time to apply?

i checked some of the unis websites
most of them requires a 2:1 upper second-class degree
what dose that mean? what the equivalent in US GPA out of 4 ?

what do you all think about these unis and programs?
are they really hard to get into?

King's College London - International Marketing MSc
University of Bath - MSc in Marketing
University of Edinburgh - Marketing
University of Manchester - Marketing MSc
University of Leeds - MSc International Marketing Management
Aston University - MSc Marketing Management
University of Exeter - MSc Marketing
Lancaster University - Advanced Marketing Management MSc
Cardiff University - MSc Strategic Marketing
University of Glasgow - Strategic Marketing
University of Southampton - MSc Marketing Management
University of Nottingham - MSc Marketing
University of Strathclyde - Masters in International Marketing

Im so confused :eek3:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
a 2:1 and above is about 3.5 gpa.

do be careful, some of the msc marketing courses are for people who did not take business/management/marketing courses in their first degrees. so you have to select the right ones to apply.

i think the university of warwick's msc in marketing is also worth looking into.

out of the lot you have picked, go for those that rank according to what you think is for you, but do aim high. sd there aren't many rankings for msc marketing courses per say, you can identify the schools with a good business/mgt school through the mba/msc mgt rankings on ft.com etc.

most unis open for applications by oct or nov... it is best to apply before jan if you're anxious, as courses at top schools are very competitive and places fill up quickly.

out of the lot you have listed, manchester has a good int'l reputation. king's just started their mgt/mktg courses a few years ago. they are a powrhouse for law/dentistry etc, but not business/mgt.

the rest are okay, but not super elite. the better ones are perhaps lancaster; edinburgh; bath? i am not very familiar with the rest as i don't live in the uk. check with local brit students.
Reply 2
ok .. so the program at leeds needs non marketing majors, but the rest are fine
warwick's .. requires 8 in IELTS .. that kinda hard to get :s
i checked times and guardian ranking before most of the unis i picked are in the top 20

thanx for your help cpl.fir
Reply 3
i just added
it sound really interesting
Reply 4
cool. i think it's the international management programme, actually. they are top ten for business/mgt in UK according to the guardian university guide rankings.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2009/may/12/university-guide-business-management-studies

it's my pleasure.
Reply 5
thanx cpl.fir
Hello ,

I have applied for Masters In Marketing and Creativity. My interview and test is on 30th on this month.

Does anybody has any idea about what is going to be on the test and interview and how to prepare for it.

Also what is the credibility of ESCP - London. Do the companies recognize ESCP name. Do they prefer ESCP grads?

I have honors degree in Electrical engineering and have 3 years of Sales and Marketing experience. I cant do MBA because of finance problem. And LBS / LSE kinda schools dont have any Masters in marketing program for a candidate of my experience.

I never heard anything from anyone regarding the ESCP Marketing program and its future prospects.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Abdullah Khan
Original post by abdullahkhan19
Hello ,

I have applied for Masters In Marketing and Creativity. My interview and test is on 30th on this month.

Does anybody has any idea about what is going to be on the test and interview and how to prepare for it.

Also what is the credibility of ESCP - London. Do the companies recognize ESCP name. Do they prefer ESCP grads?

I have honors degree in Electrical engineering and have 3 years of Sales and Marketing experience. I cant do MBA because of finance problem. And LBS / LSE kinda schools dont have any Masters in marketing program for a candidate of my experience.

I never heard anything from anyone regarding the ESCP Marketing program and its future prospects.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Abdullah Khan

It holds zero weight in UK. It's a good school in France though. If you want to work in UK then apply to the british uni's like kings/manchester/nottingham/warwick.
Reply 8
Hello Guys,

This is a really interesting thread for me!
What do you think about the MA in Marketing at London Metropolitan University? I liked the course content but the university is ranked really low. Do you think it's worth going there?

I am looking for part-time study options and most of the good univerities don't offer part time studies :frown: What do you think about London Met? Do companies prefer grads from there?

Thank you!

Krisztie
Reply 9
Original post by Hessa~
i just added
it sound really interesting

I'm currently doing an Msc in International Marketing at University of Strathclyde and the course is amazing. Albeit I'm the only American, which I prefer there is about 20 different nationalities in the program so you get a true international exposure. Also, typically if you look each university website you will see a GPA equivalent for the USA. Usually minimum 3.0, but others will require higher. Good luck
Reply 10
Please help me decide between MSc. Marketing at Machester or MSc. Marketing and Business Analysis at Edinburgh.
Original post by Sunny girl
Please help me decide between MSc. Marketing at Machester or MSc. Marketing and Business Analysis at Edinburgh.

well, both of them are good universities and the MSc programs look good.
i'd personally pick edinburgh, but really it's up to you. look at the modules content and some other things like the bibliography and the assessment strategy for example.
besides, take into account also other aspects which are not directly connected to the MSc program, for example the city you are going to live in, the facilities of the university, stuff like that :wink:
Reply 12
Original post by zanzibarroso
well, both of them are good universities and the MSc programs look good.
i'd personally pick edinburgh, but really it's up to you. look at the modules content and some other things like the bibliography and the assessment strategy for example.
besides, take into account also other aspects which are not directly connected to the MSc program, for example the city you are going to live in, the facilities of the university, stuff like that :wink:

Thank you. The course module at MBS is kinda more interesting. I'm not sure if I'm mistaken but I heard that MBS is better at business while Edinburgh is better at Scientific fields. I have read through many threads and many people said that Ediburgh is a better place to live. Personally, I never visited both. I have been to London and Kent only. As an international student, I'm weighting between these two universities as to their reputation in a global market. Anyhow, are you currently attend MSc. Marketing at either university?
Reply 13
Manchester Business School is all about reputation, but lately going down in the rankings. What about lancaster or warwick? I attended MBS few years ago and was not impressed at all.
Reply 14
Original post by Algerian
Manchester Business School is all about reputation, but lately going down in the rankings. What about lancaster or warwick? I attended MBS few years ago and was not impressed at all.

Can you gimme more details why were you unhappy with MSB? I"d really like to know.
Reply 15
Hi there!

I've received two offers and don't know which one to choose...

1) University of Warwick: MSc Marketing & Strategy
2) University of Glasgow: MSc Strategic Marketing

Are those two schools comparable? I hear that Warwick's pretty good. No idea about Glasgow though... And since I don't live in the country it's kinda hard to find out their reputation across the UK (and possibly Europe).

I've applied for those two programmes as they were the closest match to what I want to study.

Thank you for any help!
Reply 16
Original post by Sunny girl
Can you gimme more details why were you unhappy with MSB? I"d really like to know.

Definitely WBS!

It is very difficult to get in and need IELST of 8!!! Geez

Check out Imperial College - Strategic marketing. It's a new course and 2011 is the first yr but the course module is pretty interesting:smile:
Reply 17
Original post by ptv
Hi there!

I've received two offers and don't know which one to choose...

1) University of Warwick: MSc Marketing & Strategy
2) University of Glasgow: MSc Strategic Marketing

Are those two schools comparable? I hear that Warwick's pretty good. No idea about Glasgow though... And since I don't live in the country it's kinda hard to find out their reputation across the UK (and possibly Europe).

I've applied for those two programmes as they were the closest match to what I want to study.

Thank you for any help!

Definitely Warwick

I reqouted the wrong post so read from above:smile:
Reply 18
Hi!!

What about Msc Marketing programs at Queen Mary University of London and Brunel universities?

Are they good? I am mainly looking at universities in london...
Reply 19
How come no one is talking about Imperial Msc Strategic Marketing.

The course looks great and the University is stellar

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending