The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier: Applicants for 2011

Scroll to see replies

I got an UNCONDITIONAL for interactive media design! hell yea! :biggrin::biggrin:
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 141
Congrats to lorinbosoc and jamyd0dger :smile:

jamyd0dger, have you applied to anything else?
Interactive Media Design is my first choice so I most likely will accept it.
Reply 142
Original post by Meemy
Has anyone heard back from just English?
It's my first choice and still nothing back! aaarggh :frown:

I've got a conditional to Dundee though :smile:

Hey, I applied for both English and film and English on its own and I've not heard anything yet. It doesn't seem like they've given offers for those courses yet and I just wish they'd hurry up!!
Found out my advanced English teacher's son got an unconditional to Napier so that'd be cool if I bumped into him one day! I personally still haven't heard anything. Whenever I hear that a friend got an offer from a Uni I feel happy for them but at the same time I'm really jealous, for example I found out one of my friends has got student accommodation sorted and I've still not heard a thing!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 144
i've applied for accounting&finance. Anyone??:smile:
Original post by Meemy

Original post by Meemy
Has anyone heard back from just English?
It's my first choice and still nothing back! aaarggh :frown:

I've got a conditional to Dundee though :smile:

Thats what i've applied for, just English, but still nothing back :frown:
OH, and i have a conditional too for Dundee! English and Film studies thoughh :smile:
Reply 146
Apart from offers, which student clubs/societies would you choose?
You can find them on this web site
anyone applied for criminology? my gf did and she didn't receive an answer yet
Original post by OndrejC2
Apart from offers, which student clubs/societies would you choose?
You can find them on this web site

Gaming Soc, definitely! Decided that before I even sent off my UCAS :tongue:
Reply 149
Maybe me too, but I prefer playing racing games to playing Counter Strike, but we will see. I am thinking about Napier TV - something behind camera or in staff coz I dont want to act in front of the camera :-D

And from sports I like the cycling club - but is focused on downhill, or freestyle, that is not what I am looking for - I would prefer som longer journeys :smile:

I am kind a computer person, but know I need to get into some sport club to keep myself fit. I will see there, whether there would be a time for this.
(edited 13 years ago)
Never looked at sport, I'm pretty lazy, but noticed they do Aikido which I used to do ages ago but had to stop because there was nowhere nearby that did it. Might pick it up again if I go to Napier :smile:
Reply 151
just got an unconditional offer for a MSc in marketing !
Can' t wait to start :smile:
Original post by mariak

Yay, congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 153
Original post by mariak

MARKETING !!! Amazing!:biggrin::biggrin: Congratulations

Original post by anakintoast
Never looked at sport, I'm pretty lazy, but noticed they do Aikido which I used to do ages ago but had to stop because there was nowhere nearby that did it. Might pick it up again if I go to Napier :smile:

Aikido... hmm I used to do Karate, have to consider :-D
Reply 154
Thinking a lot about my current situation. My first offer was Dundee asking for AAB which is what I am predicted. I am not likely to go to Napier, even if I do get an offer as I want a uni that is respected for English. I am sure Napier is fantastic for Media-type courses and such like, but I haven't heard much positive in the way of studying English there.
Reply 155
Yeah sure, each university is good in some courses and in some not. You know for "kind of second-city-uviversities" like Napier or Heriot Watt it is more difficult to compete to the city universities like - Edinburgh Uni, Glasgow and so on. Napier changed its name to Edinburgh Napier to get more reputation - at least employees would know were you have done your degree.

But I like Napier :smile: and if you like Dundee, go there. I have heard about their funny accent :smile:

BTW: Scottish accent is my favorite and I hope I cold speak like that in 4 years!! :smile:
Reply 156
I applied to do Digital Media at Napier and I still haven't heard anything back from them yet, at first I thought it was English courses sending out their offers first and leaving IT and Media, but going by this post it seems that its quite hit and miss. Congrats to everyone who has offers though!
(i'm going to ask again sry) did anyone receive an offer for criminology?
Original post by dalelouden

Original post by dalelouden
Hey! I applied for that course aswel!

I have also applied, anyone heard back yet xx
Reply 159
Original post by antoastew
I applied to do Digital Media at Napier and I still haven't heard anything back from them yet, at first I thought it was English courses sending out their offers first and leaving IT and Media, but going by this post it seems that its quite hit and miss. Congrats to everyone who has offers though!

Yeah! Digital Media, we will see each other in september :colone: Why did you choose this particular course?

BTW: I have found, for those who are dying for any information or news from Napier,
interesting mini-tour campus videos made by NapierTV (ex Napier Subculture). :biggrin:
Check them :wink:

Merchiston campus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIeL9SXEsfQ (starting at 2:38)

Craiglockhart campus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e82h0-etDkc (starting at 0:56)

Craighouse campus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NQBRAhboUU (starting at 1:30)

Quick Reply

Latest