The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n1r4v
Add that to Arsenal DNA :awesome:

I had that pic as my Facebook profile a while back.

RVP is Amazing
Original post by n1r4v
Just heard that Nasri will be on 100,000 a week, would you say that's about right? Do Arsenal have a wage cap?

Yeah I posted that a bit back, I think he can get that due to his form although I do think it's a bit high. All that really matters is that he's on contract for another 5 years.

Wage cap= whatever Cesc is on :wink:
isnt 80,000 the max ?
I hope Nasri's form doesn't drop as a result of him signing a new contract.
Original post by antonfigo
isnt 80,000 the max ?

80k, lol, in whos world?
Fabregas is on 110k.

Bendtner is on 50k.

Those are the only two I know - Henry was on 130k in his last couple of seasons.
Reply 4746
Original post by marcusmerehay
Fabregas is on 110k.

Bendtner is on 50k.

Those are the only two I know - Henry was on 130k in his last couple of seasons.

Quite interesting that pre-tax Cesc gets more than everyone on the Barca team apart from Villa and Messi.
Original post by Barça
Quite interesting that pre-tax Cesc gets more than everyone on the Barca team apart from Villa and Messi.

Hmm, I'm not sure it's all that interesting given that the importance of Messi to Barça is comparable with the recent importance of Cesc to Arsenal.

Though it is interesting that he gets paid more than Xavi/Iniesta/Puyol.
Original post by Barça

Our wage bill is actually quite high, obviously lower than City and Chelsea but still on a par with United. I think it's in part due to the fact that we tie players down on long term contracts which means they have to have higher wages.

How much are Villa and Messi on?
Reply 4749
Original post by Psychotic546
Our wage bill is actually quite high, obviously lower than City and Chelsea but still on a par with United. I think it's in part due to the fact that we tie players down on long term contracts which means they have to have higher wages.

How much are Villa and Messi on?

Because of Arsenal being well run financially I just naively thought your wage bill would be average or low, hence my surprise at Cesc's salary.

Villa is on roughly 140k whilst Messi is 180-200k on last time I checked.
Original post by Barça
Because of Arsenal being well run financially I just naively thought your wage bill would be average or low, hence my surprise at Cesc's salary.

Villa is on roughly 140k whilst Messi is 180-200k on last time I checked.

An honest mistake - we can't set our wage bill too low otherwise we wouldn't be able to keep hold of anyone.
Original post by marcusmerehay
An honest mistake - we can't set our wage bill too low otherwise we wouldn't be able to keep hold of anyone.

Indeed, wages are one area where's it's so hard to run a tight ship. No way Nasri will be on 100k imo, that's probably the wage in the final year on this contract. Cesc has/is worth every penny of his contract, some other lower paid players arent
(edited 13 years ago)
Bendtner isn't worth 50k a week. Never ever.
Original post by Economist
Indeed, wages are one area where's it's so hard to run a tight ship. No way Nasri will be on 100k imo, that's probably the wage in the final year on this contract. Cesc has/is worth every penny of his contract, some other lower paid players arent

If Bendtner really is on 50k, that needs to be looked at. We're probably generous with Chamakh because it was on a free. Bendtner, Diaby, Denilson, Almunia, Vela, Chamakh, Eboue all should be around 30k or under...if they wanna **** off, it's no biggie. Certain promising players like Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere could be paid a bit more than that, but we shouldn't be handing out generous contracts to players who haven't proved themselves. 100k for Nasri sounds absurd -- he has had a good 6 months...big ****in' deal -- he needs to do it for a couple of seasons to get the star status salary of 6 figures a week.
Reply 4754
I'm surprised that your wage budget is apparently similar to ours. We're supposed to be paying Rooney the best part of 200k a week, and there were rumours that O'Shea signed an 80k deal, if we're giving 80k to that type of player...well. Vidic must be around 100k, Evra has/is signing a new deal which must be around 100k at least, Berba, Rio etc must be on a fair amount.

Truth be told I don't follow this side of football too closely, don't particularly care about the business side, so some of that could be horse****, but i'd have thought our budget would be considerably higher than yours :dontknow:
Reply 4755
Original post by Louis.
I'm surprised that your wage budget is apparently similar to ours. We're supposed to be paying Rooney the best part of 200k a week, and there were rumours that O'Shea signed an 80k deal, if we're giving 80k to that type of player...well. Vidic must be around 100k, Evra has/is signing a new deal which must be around 100k at least, Berba, Rio etc must be on a fair amount.

Truth be told I don't follow this side of football too closely, don't particularly care about the business side, so some of that could be horse****, but i'd have thought our budget would be considerably higher than yours :dontknow:

John O'Shea earns 80k? Jesus Christ :facepalm2:
Original post by Overmars
If Bendtner really is on 50k, that needs to be looked at. We're probably generous with Chamakh because it was on a free. Bendtner, Diaby, Denilson, Almunia, Vela, Chamakh, Eboue all should be around 30k or under...if they wanna **** off, it's no biggie. Certain promising players like Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere could be paid a bit more than that, but we shouldn't be handing out generous contracts to players who haven't proved themselves. 100k for Nasri sounds absurd -- he has had a good 6 months...big ****in' deal -- he needs to do it for a couple of seasons to get the star status salary of 6 figures a week.

I should add, the claims of Nasri's 100k p/w contract are from the Sun. Take what you want from it.
Reply 4757
Original post by Barça
John O'Shea earns 80k? Jesus Christ :facepalm2:

I remember reading a few rumours that he'd signed a 80k deal, never checked if it was final or anything.

For what it's worth, football manager has Arsenal's budget as £1.1mil a week and ours at £1.4mil :colondollar:
Original post by Louis.

No wonder inflation is so high if O'Shea's on that :eek:
Well since there's a certain amount of guess work in regards to these things, but Wenger and sources like SSN have previously said our wage bills are similar. Then again maybe it's changed since then?

Your midfield players are probably on a pittance considering how good they are too (sorry couldn't resist) :biggrin:
Reply 4759
Damn, these figures. How does it feel knowing that they get paid more in a week than the maximum you'll ever get paid in a year?

Latest