Scroll to see replies

I really hope to get in :please:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by cpdavis
I really hope to get in :please:

I have a gut feeling that the decision could be any moment. Maybe I should see a GP.

@ webber8345, see signature :tongue:
Original post by Seentje
I have a gut feeling that the decision could be any moment. Maybe I should see a GP.

@ webber8345, see signature :tongue:

I know what you mean, but I have a feeling that we will hear next week, I really want it to be good news :eek:
Reply 4203
Hey all! I have finally joined TSR after stalking it relentlessly.
I've been reading most of this and reckon that about 15 people have PPE offers?
Has anyone else heard for PPE, rejection/offer??
I'm still waiting on anything and Durham is my top choice.
I'm applying St Cuthberts Soc which I think is good?

Thanks guys! :smile:
Reply 4204
Got my rejection yesterday. So gutted :frown:
Reply 4205
Original post by Plabs
Got my rejection yesterday. So gutted :frown:

Sorry mate.
I'm soon to join you I feel. Do you have any other PPE offers? Do you mind if I ask what college?
Reply 4206
noone else for the ma management yet?
Reply 4207
Original post by wit-tank
Hey all! I have finally joined TSR after stalking it relentlessly.
I've been reading most of this and reckon that about 15 people have PPE offers?
Has anyone else heard for PPE, rejection/offer??
I'm still waiting on anything and Durham is my top choice.
I'm applying St Cuthberts Soc which I think is good?

Thanks guys! :smile:

I've got my PPE offer from Grey college a couple of weeks ago. I sent my application in December I think.
Original post by XShmalX
Got offer for Mathematics (4 Year)!!! YAY!!!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations!
I'm STILL waiting.....:s-smilie:
Reply 4209
Accounting at John Snow :smile:
Original post by JazzGill
Accounting at John Snow :smile:

Is that part of the KPMG scheme?
take it from me, having been at ch@d's for 4 years now, if i know now what i wish i had known then, there would be no chance in hell of going to ch@d's, the colleges on the hill, especially, mary's, butler and ustinov are of FAR higher standard (despite the walk into town). Ch@d's is in serious need of work, many areas of the college need serious spending on them to improve them, even if you just look on the surface the place is dated. Rather than spending money on things that actually matter such as proper room facilities they choose to spend the money on ridiculous priced wine in the cellar and an inordinate amount of alcohol in the bar. Plus 6000 pounds a year for sky tv, erm spend it on something that matters. Also if u like potatos, u will love the meals. Variations on potatoes every night, and left over curry sauce/pasta meat is a sure win for most nights.
In terms of rooms, i pray to god that u get epiphany house and not number one. Number one is a dive, not fit for humans to live there. Did so in my first year, jeez, couldnt wait to move out. Cold, damp, bathroom facilites atrocious etc i could on. Also i u wanna use the college gym, dont bother, nothing works and its all about weights so anyone wanting to do cardio, get membership at maidens castle or freemans quay.
As for the people, couple of nice ones, but trust me, so many people are fake. Lots of ignorance and arrogance in the air around chads, especially those who think they are better than others. Lots of people have a very snobbish attitude and there is a clear anti-oxbridge vibe from those rejected. Note to these guys, you were rejected for a reason, they saw that you wouldnt fit in cause u are not nice people. i could go on and on, but i wont, just take it from me, go to ch@ds at ur own peril! x
Mmmm. I do love potatoes. Can't wait for Chad's!
Reply 4213
Original post by alanshearer9
take it from me, having been at ch@d's for 4 years now, if i know now what i wish i had known then, there would be no chance in hell of going to ch@d's, the colleges on the hill, especially, mary's, butler and ustinov are of FAR higher standard (despite the walk into town). Ch@d's is in serious need of work, many areas of the college need serious spending on them to improve them, even if you just look on the surface the place is dated. Rather than spending money on things that actually matter such as proper room facilities they choose to spend the money on ridiculous priced wine in the cellar and an inordinate amount of alcohol in the bar. Plus 6000 pounds a year for sky tv, erm spend it on something that matters. Also if u like potatos, u will love the meals. Variations on potatoes every night, and left over curry sauce/pasta meat is a sure win for most nights.
In terms of rooms, i pray to god that u get epiphany house and not number one. Number one is a dive, not fit for humans to live there. Did so in my first year, jeez, couldnt wait to move out. Cold, damp, bathroom facilites atrocious etc i could on. Also i u wanna use the college gym, dont bother, nothing works and its all about weights so anyone wanting to do cardio, get membership at maidens castle or freemans quay.
As for the people, couple of nice ones, but trust me, so many people are fake. Lots of ignorance and arrogance in the air around chads, especially those who think they are better than others. Lots of people have a very snobbish attitude and there is a clear anti-oxbridge vibe from those rejected. Note to these guys, you were rejected for a reason, they saw that you wouldnt fit in cause u are not nice people. i could go on and on, but i wont, just take it from me, go to ch@ds at ur own peril! x

..... oh :frown:
Original post by alanshearer9

Could you give any advice on Collingwood? :biggrin:
Original post by Forzamilan
Could you give any advice on Collingwood? :biggrin:

Go at your own peril!!! THERE IS ONLY DOOOOOM. DOOOM AND POTATOESSSSS.
/waves wizard staff
Original post by foxonstilts
Go at your own peril!!! THERE IS ONLY DOOOOOM. DOOOM AND POTATOESSSSS.
/waves wizard staff

remember that the wand chooses the wizard :tongue:
Reply 4217
Original post by schwurlie
I am (: I only found out today! Which open day are you going to?

I'm not sure if I'll get to an open day as I don't really have the money for the plane, trains etc as I'm from NI! Are you thinking of firming Durham? :smile:
Reply 4218
Original post by Amy124
Hi :smile: Sorry to invade your convo but saw you're applying for law and from NI, me too :P if you're looking for some pros and cons to QUB and Durham in comparison I can help as I've applied to both too so had to make a similar list recently :biggrin: x

Haha it's no bother! If I'm honest I need all the help I can get! Everyday my family/friends are asking "so have you decided where you're going yet?" and I'm like "no! leave me alone! :P"

Are you firming Durham over QUB then? x
Reply 4219
Hi all, I'm new to this thread.

I recently got rejected by and retracted from my UCAS application for the first round. I originally applied to Oxford for Human Sciences and my four other choices were for medicine. The latter of which was pretty much due to the fact that I have an extremely asian mother and she was so insistent on me applying to med school, haha she claimed she'd disown me.

I just looked through extra and was happy to find Natural Sciences being offered at Durham because that was actually my second choice after Oxford. I was wondering if anybody could tell me a little bit about Durham and the extra application process itself. Also, what colleges do you recommend? Questions are a tad vague but anything will do for now.

Thanks a bunch

Latest

Trending

Trending