The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2820
Original post by Melanie-v
Me too. :frown: The depressing thing is that someone who applied 3 months after me got an email almost right away, as the start of an email interview.

Congrats on you're other offers though - we may see each other at Cambridge (if I get the grades). You're my course :tongue:

On a side note - Bath sent me a letter at the end of November. I think it was an offer letter, but I haven't heard anything since then, apart from a request to upload my GCSE English certificate. Is that normal? What did your letter say?

thank you, fingers crossed that we both get in cambridge :biggrin:
and also it would be nice to have UCL as an insurance xD. Anyways, yeah i also got the letter from bath in november, something like recommending an offer and ucas only updated it recently, but i didnt have to submit any certificate because i didnt do the gcse, so cant really tell if its normal.. one thing though im sure is that bath seems to care a lot about the english grade.. i do the IB and the offer condition even states that i needed to get a 6 (out of 7) for it... = =
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by contra mundum
i know, get your act together german department! :smile: i am sure it wont be much longer although they have like till may to keep us hanging on like this.

UCAS guidelines state that provided you submit your application by 15th Jan, universities are given the deadline for 31st March to give their decisions...so you'll hear from them within the next month for sure! :smile:
Do UCL send offers/rejections by post or does it update on ucas track first :s-smilie:? i d like to know whether to crap myself when the postman comes or everytime i log in to my emails! Its been 3 and a half weeks since interview
Original post by A-Sewedy
OFFER for Construction management!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek3::rofl3::rofl3::shock:

Wooo Bartlett!!!! :smile:
Reply 2824
Got invited for interview; really nervous..:s-smilie: Has any one had an interview for BA English at UCL? I messed up on my last uni interview and could use some tips! Also, there's going to be a 40 min timed essay.. any one know how tricky the given prose is? Ughh!
Original post by viola146
Offer after interview for Law with French Law. Words can't describe :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Now I just gotta work my socks off to get As....

Doid UCL send ur offer by post or does it update on ucas track first ? i d like to know whether to crap myself when the postman comes or everytime i log in to my emails! Its been 3 and a half weeks since interview
Reply 2826
Original post by spurswilts
Doid UCL send ur offer by post or does it update on ucas track first ? i d like to know whether to crap myself when the postman comes or everytime i log in to my emails! Its been 3 and a half weeks since interview

Mine updated on track and then I got a letter the next day in the post :smile:
Original post by pick92
Mine updated on track and then I got a letter the next day in the post :smile:

Thabkyou!! :smile:
Reply 2828
Original post by spurswilts

Mine came through on track two days later- no post or email yet. I expect each department will be different though. I set up filters on hotmail to text me if I get an email from UCAS or any of the universities :biggrin: Stopped me from checking my emails like a crazy person.
Very sorry to jump ship, my people, but alas, I have firmed Edinburgh...

Please don't hurt me... :crossedf::cry2::bawling::cry:

I'll just go now. :unsure: :getmecoat:
Reply 2830
Original post by EcstaticMuse

Unacceptable. :mad:

Disappointing :sigh:

I expected so, so much more from you :no: You've dumped us for that Edinburgh lot! What does Edinburgh have that UCL doesn't? :frown:

I kid, I kid (well, not really..:ninja:) but congrats anyway I'm sure you have your reasons! It's unconditional right? So you're definitely 100% in there, the pressure's off! Hope you have a great time studying in the UK :smile: Also thanks for making this thread a good one!
Original post by catsss
Unacceptable. :mad:

:ashamed2: I'll deal with Odin's wrath later.

Original post by Panda Vinnie
Disappointing :sigh:

I expected so, so much more from you :no: You've dumped us for that Edinburgh lot! What does Edinburgh have that UCL doesn't? :frown:

I kid, I kid (well, not really..:ninja:) but congrats anyway I'm sure you have your reasons! It's unconditional right? So you're definitely 100% in there, the pressure's off! Hope you have a great time studying in the UK :smile: Also thanks for making this thread a good one!

:blushing: I know, I do! Trust me, I quite love you fine UCL people (feels strange excluding myself from that group) and wish you the best! ( They have inter-Scandi language teachings. :yep: ) And thank you very much! Yes, it certainly is, which is nice but at the same time, it feels weird not signing up for any exams, either! And thanks, I promise I'll still be in London a lot of the weekends, for sure! :biggrin:

Can we'z still be frands? :grouphugs:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I got a conditional offer from UCL last week...
but only just realised that one of the conditions is to get a 4 in IB SL Maths. At my school IB SL maths is cut down to a year and so I took my exams last year and only got a 3 (I know, I'm not a maths person!) it was on my UCAS app, so I don't know if they know or... if they made a mistake in offering me a place or WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN.

lkjlajsdf;lkajsdlfjdkfjkdsf
Reply 2834

Remember, it's a lot colder up norf :frown:
Reply 2835
Original post by sammydolce
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I got a conditional offer from UCL last week...
but only just realised that one of the conditions is to get a 4 in IB SL Maths. At my school IB SL maths is cut down to a year and so I took my exams last year and only got a 3 (I know, I'm not a maths person!) it was on my UCAS app, so I don't know if they know or... if they made a mistake in offering me a place or WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN.

lkjlajsdf;lkajsdlfjdkfjkdsf

Sounds like they want you to re-sit. Try ringing them up to check.
Reply 2836
Unconditional offer for Philosophy :wink:
Reply 2837
UCL - AAB :smile:
Does anyone know anything about accommodation? I was told that if you live within the M25 you don't get priority...don't really want to live at home?!
Reply 2838
Original post by 123-456
UCL - AAB :smile:
Does anyone know anything about accommodation? I was told that if you live within the M25 you don't get priority...don't really want to live at home?!

Go on their website and download and send accommodation form asap. There is a section that says whether you have ever lived within the M25 area, but I think they say that they guarantee accommodation to all that put it as a firm choice, so I wouldn't worry too much.

That's a shame :frown: You'll enjoy Edinburgh though :smile: What was it that made your mind about Edinburgh? Not the accent I hope! :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending