The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

I got an unsuccessful yesterday. Was expecting it so not too bothered although an offer would have been nice :smile: lol. Congrats to everyone with an offer and good luck anyone still waiting!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1881
Original post by Sappho
Tbh, atm it looks like neither of them :redface:
I'm travelling to Scotland in two weeks to look at Edinburgh (no decision yet) and St Andrews (offer), and I'll probably firm one of those two:smile:
What about you?

tbh im quite taken by exeter after my recent visit. Its all to play for!
Original post by Pheebs1201
Did anyone go to one of the Psychology post offer open days? I couldnt make it and would like to hear peoples views on the department :smile:

i did :smile: i really liked it! have you been to see the uni before? i hadn't and so was really surprised by how big it was! the department gave a talk which was ok, you didn't miss too much, he was just talking about the admissions process and how it works on their end (like the no. of applications they get and no of places they give etc) then he talked a bit about what the course entails, like in the modules but you can probably get that off their website and then just about how warwicks different e.g. 3 year course only, their open door policy and how there exams aren't modular. if there’s anything else you’re wondering just let me know and i'll try and remember :smile: on the whole i think it seemed like a really nice department :smile: are you thinking of firming it?
Reply 1883
Hey I have finally joined TSR after stalking it endlessly.
I've seen about 4 PPE offers for Warwick 2011, are there any more out there? I am still waiting.
It's actually my 5th choice but since all the other universities seem to think I'm their 10000th choice it may be all I'm left with.
Last thing... I am hoping for Durham over Warwick as I've heard darling old Coventry has about one pub... bad plan?

Thanks!
Reply 1884
Original post by wit-tank
I've seen about 4 PPE offers for Warwick 2011, are there any more out there? I am still waiting.
It's actually my 5th choice but since all the other universities seem to think I'm their 10000th choice it may be all I'm left with.
Last thing... I am hoping for Durham over Warwick as I've heard darling old Coventry has about one pub... bad plan?

Thanks!

What are your other choices? If the number of pubs is your only criterion I doubt whether Warwick is the right place to be for you.
However, all I've seen from the campus so far really looks great!
Original post by psychsarah
i did :smile: i really liked it! have you been to see the uni before? i hadn't and so was really surprised by how big it was! the department gave a talk which was ok, you didn't miss too much, he was just talking about the admissions process and how it works on their end (like the no. of applications they get and no of places they give etc) then he talked a bit about what the course entails, like in the modules but you can probably get that off their website and then just about how warwicks different e.g. 3 year course only, their open door policy and how there exams aren't modular. if there’s anything else you’re wondering just let me know and i'll try and remember :smile: on the whole i think it seemed like a really nice department :smile: are you thinking of firming it?

Ahh I see. Yeah maybe if I decide against Bristol :smile: So if their exams arent modular what is the exam structure? And does their open door policy mean they came across as quite... supportive? Thanks so much :smile: x
Reply 1886
Original post by shootingstars
Offer for Law :smile:

hey congrats

can i know when you applied for it?
Original post by ilamba1
hey congrats

can i know when you applied for it?

I sent off my application on 15th October.
Original post by Pheebs1201
Ahh I see. Yeah maybe if I decide against Bristol :smile: So if their exams arent modular what is the exam structure? And does their open door policy mean they came across as quite... supportive? Thanks so much :smile: x

you're welcome :smile: I think the modular exams means we do them all in the summer term- he said first year ones we have to pass but don't contribute to our final degree (and everyone normally passes :smile:), and then 2nd year ones count for 40% of our degree and 3rd year for 60%. yeahh i thought it seemed q supportive, he said the psychology department are more informal then some of the other departments and he kept giving us the chance to ask questions which was nice. then we had tea and biscuits with the other members of the department where we could ask questions and they all seemed q friendly too! x
I sent my app in November, sent a fees questionnaire and documentation about a month later, was told for fees I'm a home student last month, but still haven't received an offer/rejection.

"Thank you for sending in your information to the University of Warwick.
I am pleased to advise you that the University will consider you as a home student for fees purposes and hope that this information will be helpful in your planning."

doesn't mean anything other than if I get an offer I'll be a home student right? :confused:
Reply 1890
My law offer states i must achieve:

AAA at A2 Level

and

C at AS Level/Extended Project Qualification.

I want to give up on the EPQ idea, as it seems pointless now none of my unis want it. I just want to make sure, the offer above means i can use my 4th subject's grade as the 'C' part of the offer.

I put the EPQ in my personal statement in the final sentence, but other than that not. Will they mind me dropping that course?
Reply 1891
Original post by Krydel
My law offer states i must achieve:

AAA at A2 Level

and

C at AS Level/Extended Project Qualification.

I want to give up on the EPQ idea, as it seems pointless now none of my unis want it. I just want to make sure, the offer above means i can use my 4th subject's grade as the 'C' part of the offer.

I put the EPQ in my personal statement in the final sentence, but other than that not. Will they mind me dropping that course?

I am in the exact same situation, I am doing EPQ but it is not required for my firm or insurance (UCL and Kent). My plan is to ring them on Monday to see if me doing it or not matters, then I will drop it if they don't care. You should ring them if your application has changed, but it shouldn't matter as long as you have the AS.
Original post by wit-tank

Thanks!

I've also got an offer from Warwick for PPE which I'm going to firm. I haven't heard back from Durham yet but if I do get an offer they'll be my insurance.
I personally much prefer Warwick's course over Durham which is the main reasoning behind my choice.
I think Warwick's "isolation" is overemphasised; Leamington is apparently really nice and I'm sure Coventry has areas with good night life. Durham is also a small town so I don't think the difference between them is that great.
But good luck with all your applications and I hope you get an offer you're happy with :smile:
Reply 1893
Still waiting for a final decision by Warwick, I applied for Economics.

So far I've received offers from The University of Durham, University of Edinburgh and University of Manchester. Waiting for Warwick and City London (my least favoured choice, couldn't care less lol).
I applied on the 27th of September and have still not heard anything from Warwick! I didn't even get an acknowledgement until I emailed them about not having one, after which they hastily sent me one.
I've applied for Economics and Economic History and I've heard from all of my other choices; is Warwick known for being especially late with offers or is this abnormal? Has anyone else who's applied for this course received a decision? I don't plan on firming Warwick so I guess I could withdraw my application, but I'd just like to know what the outcome of my application is lol.
Original post by saks10111
I applied on the 27th of September and have still not heard anything from Warwick! I didn't even get an acknowledgement until I emailed them about not having one, after which they hastily sent me one.
I've applied for Economics and Economic History and I've heard from all of my other choices; is Warwick known for being especially late with offers or is this abnormal? Has anyone else who's applied for this course received a decision? I don't plan on firming Warwick so I guess I could withdraw my application, but I'd just like to know what the outcome of my application is lol.

They're notoriously late. I'm still waiting too.
Reply 1896
I'm still waiting! So Fed up of waiting. I'd rather they would just tell me what is going on so I can make a decision!
I got an interview invitation from MMORSE today and the interview is on this wed. OMG
Reply 1898
Original post by Blair_Waldorf
I got an interview invitation from MMORSE today and the interview is on this wed. OMG

Crap! Talk about short notice!
Good luck!
Reply 1899
Waiting for Law since the 4th of November. Sigghhhhh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending