The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

and targetting specific players for blame is a bit silly, excluding this case specifically with Koscielny. Ok we lost, because of one clear mistake, we were a bit shaky at the back and looked like we were playing on edge in stoppage time but it wasn't a necessarily bad performance, just not the standard that it should have been for a final
Reply 4981
Original post by mandingo666
You forgot Kun Aguero in for Bendtner

You know, we might also consider bringing in Messi for Denilson; the former is a marginally better player.
Original post by Abiraleft
You know, we might also consider bringing in Messi for Denilson; the former is a marginally better player.

Be realistic please.
Reply 4983
Original post by Economist
Can you please explain to me how a dross defence don't conceded a legit goal in 600 odd premier league minutes?

They made an error, obviously that makes them awful hopeless players who can't handle the pressure lol, you're pathetic

Easy fixtures.

I also like how you fit a moan about the ref into it :teehee:

If they're not dross, how did they let Newcastle back in? Or Wigan a while ago? The ref again?

Yes it does :wink: and thanks for the insult. Keyboard warrior. Rather 'pathetic' if you ask me.
Original post by The Cornerstone
Agreed, what's up with the knee-jerk reactions and saying things such as Wenger needs to go. It's not the end of the world, after a couple of jokes about trophy cabinets it'll cool down within a week or less :colonhash:

Original post by jit987
Exactly my point. By losing we have attracted alot of non-Arsenal fans into this thread (especially ManU fans). I rather go off TSR for some hours and play BO, instead of reading these pointless comments. The strange thing is that alot of Arsenal fans here are talking in non-Arsenal fans talk, which is rather disappointing. :facepalm:

:yy: I've stopped reading them now.

If we'd won they would still be here though :colonhash:
Reply 4985
What's so special about Birmingham? Sure they defend well, but seriously, they have a below average attack. Almost every attack consisted of kicking the ball up to Zigic and he won most of the headers, creating crucial knockdowns and Arsenal were slow to respond to this. If Arsenal can't deal with this, surely there's a need for concern. The Martins goal was a result of a knockdown into a dangerous area. How can people just stay calm about this and not worry about Arsenal. I thought this was disgusting to be honest, you can't be called a good defender if you can't deal with this kind of petty attack. That being said, i am not surprised about the lull in Arsenal's attack today, RVP was clearly recovering from the hamstring and we needed Fabs and Walcott just like any other team need their best players.
TBH those of us that know about football have been calling for Wengers head for about 3+ years.
Reply 4987
Original post by yunghamz
What's so special about Birmingham? Sure they defend well, but seriously, they have a below average attack. Almost every attack consisted of kicking the ball up to Zigic and he won most of the headers, creating crucial knockdowns and Arsenal were slow to respond to this. If Arsenal can't deal with this, surely there's a need for concern. The Martins goal was a result of a knockdown into a dangerous area. How can people just stay calm about this and not worry about Arsenal. I thought this was disgusting to be honest, you can't be called a good defender if you can't deal with this kind of petty attack. That being said, i am not surprised about the lull in Arsenal's attack today, RVP was clearly recovering from the hamstring and we needed Fabs and Walcott just like any other team need their best players.

A bitter gunner? Give credit where it's due.
Arsenal played okay tbh, but Birmingham wanted it more I guess. Just one of those things, really.

But could still probably do with a quality, experienced CB. Like Gallas :teeth:
Reply 4989
keep the faith: I'm happy to be a fan of a footballing institution that develops great players. You don't solve anything long term by spending big.
Reply 4990
Original post by mandingo666
Be realistic please.

You're right, we should just sign Beckenbauer.

Complex Simplicity
Bale is better

He could replace Wenger, then.
Original post by Louis.
Easy fixtures.

I also like how you fit a moan about the ref into it :teehee:

If they're not dross, how did they let Newcastle back in? Or Wigan a while ago? The ref again?

Yes it does :wink: and thanks for the insult. Keyboard warrior. Rather 'pathetic' if you ask me.

Yeah, that was a clear moan at the ref, he could probably sue me for slander. And pointing out that it was offside by no means reinforces my point, it was just pathetically added so I could moan about the officials.

Djourou wasn't on the pitch vs Newcastle or Wigan, Squillaci is dross
Original post by Klinsmannic
Birmingham wanted it more I guess.

Didn't Arsène infamously say that it wouldn't count as ending his trophy drought if he won it?

All doubt extinguished in any case :teeth:
Reply 4993
We just won the Carling Cup! Jk, we're Arsenal
As expected the idiots are back posting their usual crap. Funniest thing is, all there teams got knocked out before us.

I'll reserve my comments like the rest of the sensible members in this soc, once the senseless comments have stopped.
Original post by Skaiyote
If we'd won they would still be here though :colonhash:

And saying how the team were excellent and how they always knew they would win :rolleyes:
Reply 4996
vermaelen is class and when back will keep our defense solid guaranteed. Today koscielny made one mistake, just consider how he played against barca: for me our second best player that night
overconfidence played a part in this? Couldn't really see any of that in the players tbh
Reply 4998
Original post by Dubstarr
A bitter gunner? Give credit where it's due.

I am not bitter. Birmigham were fantastic today, i am just addressing the Arsenal's defensive display.
Reply 4999
Original post by field
keep the faith: I'm happy to be a fan of a footballing institution that develops great players. You don't solve anything long term by spending big.

We've been spending big for two decades :wink:

Latest