The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abiraleft
You're right, we should just sign Beckenbauer.

He could replace Wenger, then.

As long as he spends 100 mill on good English talent
Why are some people so angry? Best mate has it sorted and can see the cracks but its not all doom and gloom tbh. Its the carling cup after all. Some people are just going nuts on my facebook though. Love the comment above
Reply 5002
Original post by Louis.

If they're not dross, how did they let Newcastle back in? Or Wigan a while ago? The ref again?

I think you'll find the common denominator in those two games was Squillaci, a player who most here recongize is quite a large drop in quality from the Djourou-Koscileny partnership. So Koscielny made a mistake: big deal. He locked Messi out of the second half of the Barca game two weeks ago.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by rorydaredking
Why are some people so angry? Best mate has it sorted and can see the cracks but its not all doom and gloom tbh. Its the carling cup after all. Some people are just going nuts on my facebook though. Love the comment above

because it was a cup nonetheless and because it was lost because of a mistake, I'm not one of these fans suddenly discrediting the CC and saying it's pointless. It would have meant something
Reply 5004
Original post by T.Adams VI
As expected the idiots are back posting their usual crap. Funniest thing is, all there teams got knocked out before us.

I'll reserve my comments like the rest of the sensible members in this soc, once the senseless comments have stopped.

QFT

I missed most of the match so I didn't see, did RvP get injured or was it just a knock?
Reply 5005
Original post by Louis.
We've been spending big for two decades :wink:

well not in comparison to Chelsea, liverpool, Man city and even tottenham of late
Original post by The Cornerstone
And saying how the team were excellent and how they always knew they would win :rolleyes:

:no:
It's only the Carling Cup!!11!!
Original post by Klinsmannic
Arsenal played okay tbh, but Birmingham wanted it more I guess. Just one of those things, really.

But could still probably do with a quality, experienced CB. Like Gallas :teeth:

If that had happened to Gallas he'd still be on the pitch having a breakdown..

Just replayed the cup final on Fifa, won 4-0, good enough for me. Selective reality ftw :P
Original post by lukejoshjedi
because it was a cup nonetheless and because it was lost because of a mistake, I'm not one of these fans suddenly discrediting the CC and saying it's pointless. It would have meant something

Tbh a lot of people on the thread were more concerned with the psychological impact of the game rather than the actual cup itself.

Original post by scherzi
QFT

I missed most of the match so I didn't see, did RvP get injured or was it just a knock?

Took a knock for the goal and the sub was a precautionary.
Reply 5009
Can't wait for the 'It's only the Carling Cup' comments.
Original post by Economist
I'm barely fussed by the result, what will **** me off is the complete bull**** which will now ensue for the next week (which has already started). If Arsenal had won it would have been labelled a pointless trophy (true) but now they've lost it's an absolute travesty, lol

We're like sisters.
Reply 5011
Original post by MoMatrix

You haven't heard them yet?

Apparently they're glad they lost :teehee:
Reply 5012

It's already started.

For someone to say that when Arse have won **** all for 6 years is beyond arrogance.

For Sale: One Trophy Case, six years old, never used. Must pick up in N7. Ask for Arsene & @53Szczesny53

Ahahaahaha

Why are you still here?
I'm gutted Arsenal lost the World Cup, so sad
Reply 5015
Original post by Dubstarr
It's already started.

For someone to say that when Arse have won **** all for 6 years is beyond arrogance.

For Sale: One Trophy Case, six years old, never used. Must pick up in N7. Ask for Arsene & @53Szczesny53

Ahahaahaha

LOOOL.
They belittle other teams spending money they need to live in the real world and understand this youth programme they have will never work until they supplement it with world class experienced players.
Reply 5016
Original post by Complex Simplicity
Why are you still here?

Are you going to do anything about it?
Well, now I've calmed down a bit since the game I can truthfully say "Well done Birmingham". They played their game, defended well and got the goals they needed. It's such a shame that we had to lose it in that manner but I think it's ridiculous to call for Koscielny and Szczesny to be sold. I hate the morons who have knee-jerk reactions and want the whole team to be executed.

We simply didn't make our domination count but I do have to question Wenger's decision to bring on Bendtner AND Chamakh. I don't think the two can play together, especially when Bendtner is put on the wing as he simply can't cross.

I say we keep our heads up and hope the team doesn't capitulate. We still have the Champions League, FA Cup and the Premier League so it's not as if the season is over. We just have to hope this doens't affect the team mentally.
Original post by voodoomagic
If that had happened to Gallas he'd still be on the pitch having a breakdown..

I don't blame the guy tbh. The Arsenal defence has probably even lead some of you Goons to some psychotic episodes this season.
Reply 5019
Birmingham deserved it, hurts to say that but when they went in with all suits into Wembley, i knew they had the stronger mindset to go and win this cup. We escaped the wrong offside call in the first half... and I thought they better compose themselves but there was no fluidity at all in the first half. Second half we did better, literally on top of the game, but hey, at least that will teach the guys a few lessons I guess and hope they won't falter anymore after this.

Arsene please buy one strong central defender and a world class goal keeper!

Latest