The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bengals all the way!!! Woooop :biggrin:
Original post by dee-bee1994
Bengals all the way!!! Woooop :biggrin:

oh dear :facepalm:
Original post by Tokyoround
Yeah USC are a great team with lots of history, shame about all the NCAA sanctions and stuff though. I support them as my aunt actually spent a year studying there and bought me a USC Trojans hoody when I was like 8 years old and didn't even know what the hell football was!

Funny you should say that, my uncle bought me an old Houston Oilers jersey from 1969! I wore it all the time before I even knew about the NFL. Cool stuff!
Reply 963
Why are Falcons jerseys so much more expensive than anyone else's anywhere I can see :nothing:.
Reply 965
Original post by Mithra
Why are Falcons jerseys so much more expensive than anyone else's anywhere I can see :nothing:.

They sell less, therefore they have to make up the deficit. :tongue:
Original post by S129439
oh dear :facepalm:

This will be our season!!! :biggrin:
i literally have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about. (combine.)
Reply 968
Original post by SaltyPiratePony

Its a couple of days over which college players in the draft are set tests like a 40m sprint, standing jumping (vertical and horizontal distances) and some role specific ones. Like a chance to prove what they can do I guess. Its surprisingly addictive to watch.
I went to a friend's house today and missed all the day's action :frown:
Original post by SaltyPiratePony

Original post by Mithra
Its a couple of days over which college players in the draft are set tests like a 40m sprint, standing jumping (vertical and horizontal distances) and some role specific ones. Like a chance to prove what they can do I guess. Its surprisingly addictive to watch.

What he said basically.^

way overhyped IMO. The draft analysts watch these college guys play year after year and formulate player profiles and then put them in a mock draft. Then the college players all meet up and run around in an empty stadium doing random drills that don't tell you much about a players football skill, all of which is in a non-game situation with no pads.

Following this, draft analysts go absolutely crazy and forget everything about what they had learned from actually watching them play. Players fly up draft boards because they ran 40 yards slightly faster than some other guy of the same position. It's silly.

Fun to watch, they're great athletes and everything. But overall I think it affects the draft negatively. I mean look at Vernon Ghoulston and Ryan Leaf. Very solid combine results but an absolute epic fail on the field.

That's my two cents :holmes:
Reply 971
Just checked the current draft list, what did Patriots do to get Oakland's spot?
Reply 972
Original post by S129439
What he said basically.^

way overhyped IMO. The draft analysts watch these college guys play year after year and formulate player profiles and then put them in a mock draft. Then the college players all meet up and run around in an empty stadium doing random drills that don't tell you much about a players football skill, all of which is in a non-game situation with no pads.

Following this, draft analysts go absolutely crazy and forget everything about what they had learned from actually watching them play. Players fly up draft boards because they ran 40 yards slightly faster than some other guy of the same position. It's silly.

Fun to watch, they're great athletes and everything. But overall I think it affects the draft negatively. I mean look at Vernon Ghoulston and Ryan Leaf. Very solid combine results but an absolute epic fail on the field.

That's my two cents :holmes:

Completely agree, while it is reasonably OK to watch, for a short period of time, it doesn't tell you about the players at all. The kids should be given a break prior to the draft if you ask me.
Original post by RNBen
Completely agree, while it is reasonably OK to watch, for a short period of time, it doesn't tell you about the players at all. The kids should be given a break prior to the draft if you ask me.

Hell yeah. In a broad sense it reminds me of the Olympics. You stand there pretending to be interested in the women's 4x4 relay quarter-final (O-Line men doing the standing long jump) when really all you want is the mens 100m final (RB & WR at the 40 yard dash).

But yeah you're right. Imagine if you got injured at the combine? that would do your nut in!
Original post by Mithra
Just checked the current draft list, what did Patriots do to get Oakland's spot?

We traded them Richard Seymour DE for their first round draft pick in September 2009 (start of the 09 season). So a year later the Raiders didn't do that well and the pick matured into a decent pick halfway through the first. And besides, all we will do is use the pick on the same kind of player haha

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4450767
Reply 975
Original post by S129439
Hell yeah. In a broad sense it reminds me of the Olympics. You stand there pretending to be interested in the women's 4x4 relay quarter-final (O-Line men doing the standing long jump) when really all you want is the mens 100m final (RB & WR at the 40 yard dash).

But yeah you're right. Imagine if you got injured at the combine? that would do your nut in!

One of the QBs had a broken wrist yesterday at the combine. Only took part in the 40.
Original post by RNBen
One of the QBs had a broken wrist yesterday at the combine. Only took part in the 40.

oh dear. :/
Reply 977
So apparently Julio Jones worked out on a fractured foot and still had a great performance. Ridiculous.
Reply 979
Anyone know of any UK based companies that sell NCAA gear?

Latest