The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Official 'I'm firming Leicester 2011' thread!

Scroll to see replies

Last year it was ID number on your offer letter :smile: Its different number from you Personal Id .
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 101
I just made Leicester my firm choice to study Computing. I went to the UCAS visit day today and the Uni was every bit as good as the first time I visited.

Just gotta meet the conditions now.....
Reply 102
Firmed Leicester for Management... Now I need to meet the offer conditions. Also John Foster self catered will be first choice.
i've just firmed leicester after seeing it at the visit day. ive applied for aerospace engineering but i think i will change to electronic and software engineering :smile: woooooo for leicester
Reply 104
i'm definitely firming leicester :smile: i've got an offer for Psychology and gonna apply for John Foster self-catered :biggrin: x
Original post by BigV
I just made Leicester my firm choice to study Computing. I went to the UCAS visit day today and the Uni was every bit as good as the first time I visited.

Just gotta meet the conditions now.....

Keep seeing you around on here :biggrin:

I firmed Leicester but computer science, - Think computer science and computing share most of the same lectures
see you on the other side :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 106
Original post by antipesto93
Keep seeing you around on here :biggrin:

I firmed Leicester but computer science, - Think computer science and computing share most of the same lectures
see you on the other side :biggrin::biggrin:

Hey :biggrin:

I wanted to apply for CS myself but I was a bit worried about not having the correct level of maths or any programming background! However, if the UCAS visit day is anything to go by, then they seem quite flexible with students making changes, so if I do well in the first semester I may ask to switch to CS or the MComp.

You are right though, there will be shared lectures because all of the courses share many common modules:

From what I can work out CS just has a 2 additional modules (logic and problem solving & computer systems) in the first year and Computing students can take one of those as an option anyway.
Original post by grape:)
Hey there,

Just wanted to create a thread where people firming Leicester can get to know one another in preparation for going! It'd be cool to share questions and thoughts, I thought!
:colondollar:

Me? I'm doing Psychology 2011, nice to meet you all! :colone:

x

why would you firm leicester?
Reply 108
Original post by Innately_Hedonistic
why would you firm leicester?

Because I liked it the best :biggrin:
Original post by BigV
Hey :biggrin:

I wanted to apply for CS myself but I was a bit worried about not having the correct level of maths or any programming background! However, if the UCAS visit day is anything to go by, then they seem quite flexible with students making changes, so if I do well in the first semester I may ask to switch to CS or the MComp.

You are right though, there will be shared lectures because all of the courses share many common modules:

From what I can work out CS just has a 2 additional modules (logic and problem solving & computer systems) in the first year and Computing students can take one of those as an option anyway.

Was it worth going to the ucas open day? I did go to the general open day, but not sure if should travel so far and go to the ucas one :frown:
Reply 110
Original post by antipesto93
Was it worth going to the ucas open day? I did go to the general open day, but not sure if should travel so far and go to the ucas one :frown:

Hmm... probably not worth a round trip from London really. The only new information I got was a booklet detailing the first year modules.

The rest of the day was very much a repeat of the open day - details on the courses and options (year in industry etc), campus and accommodation tour, department visit..... etc etc

Unless you are undecided I wouldn't bother making a big trip because I don't think you will discover any vital new information.
Original post by beansprouts
I’m studying Psychology too :smile: Going to the open day in a few weeks.

Received my offer last month. Still haven’t firmed it yet though not quite sure if it’s the right uni for me :frown:

i'm guessing if you got your offer in december you're a gappy like me?
i'm all totally confirmed for leicester, pyschology too, unconditional :smile:
did you like wha tu saw at the open day? :smile:
Reply 112

I am firming as soon as I receive any answer from Leeds(going to insurrance Leeds if I get an offer).I have the feeling it's going to be some amazing time at this university,it feels just about right for me ;P
Original post by Astrum
I am firming as soon as I receive any answer from Leeds(going to insurrance Leeds if I get an offer).I have the feeling it's going to be some amazing time at this university,it feels just about right for me ;P

yeah that what i thought when i went there :biggrin: it just felt 'right'
Reply 114
going to firm leicester for human geography!!!!
when and how do we start applying for accomodation? :smile:
Reply 116
Original post by setsunarules
when and how do we start applying for accomodation? :smile:

I think it starts on the 1st March. :smile:
Original post by grape:)
I think it starts on the 1st March. :smile:

oh ok :smile: is it on the uni website or somewhere else?
Reply 118
Original post by setsunarules
oh ok :smile: is it on the uni website or somewhere else?

Uni website, but they'll mail you the details.
Reply 119
Firmed Leicester a few days ago! :biggrin: Gonna put Beaumont catered as first choice, then GMS, then Digby. Can't afford John Foster. :s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending