Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by a.wadeson2905
I'm a current student studying at clifton campus...why are you confused about accomodation?

if you have any questions, you can message me and i can help :smile:

ahh sweet! thank you :smile:

what do you think of the clifton campus compared to the city campus? which one do you think is better? and which halls are the best ones?

and what course are doing? :smile: sorry for the questions :P
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 361
Original post by Stephhcharlene
I am going to be doing the same course! In my opinion City campus is better than clifton in the fact everything is on your door step.
I am considering hampden, simpsons or gill street i think... undecided stil though

oh wicked! finally someone who's actually going to the same uni and has applied for the same course! :smile:

yeah I was thinking that too, but then as I drove past clifton campus it just look so nice! haha.

which one out of them three would you consider 'the best' one to apply for?
Reply 362
Does anybody know what Sandby Halls are like?
Finally, got my 4th offer from NTU! :woo: All I need now is to get the actual grade(s)... :smile:
Reply 364
Original post by seabird
people with conditional offers, if the accommodation booking this year is anything like last year you will have to be so quick in getting your accommodation. when booking opened (at 1.25am or something ridiculous) for conditional last year, there was hardly any left and from what i'm aware of now gill st is pretty much all people who had unconditionals. sandby was a fairly similar case. i went on at 7am and had the choice of 3 halls (excluding private)

heyyy,

so do people with unconditional offers get to book before people with conditional offers then? how are you liking it at ntu? x
Reply 365
I'm currently on a gap year, and will be studying Criminology.
Can't wait to get to Nottingham Trent. :smile:
Original post by jimbles
I know this is well early but what the hell!

I've Unconditional Firmed NTU tonight after receiving my offer today, so I'm going to be a freshers Oct 2011! Oh yeah!

thought we could have this thread for those of us who will be NTU Freshers in Oct 2011 :smile: I know it's ages away but what the hell!

Also, I'll put people into a list on this post with what they are studying once you have quoted me and told me! :smile:

Why didn't I see this thread before? haha, silly me starting a new thread!
NTU LLb (Hons) Law woooo! :biggrin:
I had my interview at Notts today - It went really well (I think!) So hopefully I'll be there at freshers! Yayy xxx
Original post by Humz7
ahh sweet! thank you :smile:

what do you think of the clifton campus compared to the city campus? which one do you think is better? and which halls are the best ones?

and what course are doing? :smile: sorry for the questions :P

in my honest opinon, I only study at clifton so there is no need for me to get into the centre. But i think that clifton campus is good as all of the lectures/labs for the subjects that study on that campus is all in a close proximity, where as the one in town is set in the city centre so the lectures are all over the centre. It doesn't matter what subject you study, you can stay in the city if you are at clifton campus. well clifton campus is just building a new set of accomodation, right at the front of their campus, they are not finished yet but by this September we hope they will be finished. The city halls are not that bad, but i prefer peverell which is on clifton campus, also known that Gill street halls are nice but ive not seen them. Ive been to sandby and hampton, and they are okay, but youll find out that all the rooms will be small. its okay i dont mind helping out freshers of the coming year :smile:

Im studying sport and exercise science :smile:...what course you giong to be studying?
Original post by elfell
Does anybody know what Sandby Halls are like?

Sandby Halls are not to bad. the rooms are small with a small ensuit. you will be sharing a kitchen with 13 other people, so it could be quiet hectic when cooking. its located right behind the city SU which isnt far from the main shopping centre, The Victoria Centre. have you been to any open days for NTU?
in my honest opinon, I only study at clifton so there is no need for me to get into the centre. But i think that clifton campus is good as all of the lectures/labs for the subjects that study on that campus is all in a close proximity, where as the one in town is set in the city centre so the lectures are all over the centre. It doesn't matter what subject you study, you can stay in the city if you are at clifton campus. well clifton campus is just building a new set of accomodation, right at the front of their campus, they are not finished yet but by this September we hope they will be finished. The city halls are not that bad, but i prefer peverell which is on clifton campus, also known that Gill street halls are nice but ive not seen them. Ive been to sandby and hampton, and they are okay, but youll find out that all the rooms will be small. its okay i dont mind helping out freshers of the coming year :smile:

Im studying sport and exercise science :smile:...what course you giong to be studying?

:smile:Nice to see someone's who's willing to help us 'potential freshers'. I'll be based on the city campus and was wondering how quick on-campus accomodation gets booked? Also is there a confirmed date and time of when the booking system goes live yet?

Final question, you don't have to answer it:wink: Tell me 5 reasons why you enjoy studying at Nottingham Trent (social, education or whatever reasons):redface:
Reply 371

oh right, fair enough :smile: yeah I realised that when I went for the social sciences open day on the 12th of feb, all the buildings for lectures etc. were based around the city.
I recognised that when we drove towards the city centre and I was pretty amazed at it, especially with the sporting fields it had too :P
is it? yeah they wouldn't show us what the halls were like because obviously, the residents were in them, so there was a no show :/ are we able to see them anywhere online?
very small or live-able small?

really?! i've applied for psychology with sport and exercise science :smile:
what do you think of the course? are you happy you're doing it? also, what other uni's did you apply for?
Original post by jimbles
I know this is well early but what the hell!

I've Unconditional Firmed NTU tonight after receiving my offer today, so I'm going to be a freshers Oct 2011! Oh yeah!

thought we could have this thread for those of us who will be NTU Freshers in Oct 2011 :smile: I know it's ages away but what the hell!

Also, I'll put people into a list on this post with what they are studying once you have quoted me and told me! :smile:

Insurance for Animal Biology :smile:
Reply 373

Sandby Halls are not to bad. the rooms are small with a small ensuit. you will be sharing a kitchen with 13 other people, so it could be quiet hectic when cooking. its located right behind the city SU which isnt far from the main shopping centre, The Victoria Centre. have you been to any open days for NTU?

Well i know i definitely want an ensuite and i want to be in the city centre, but it's the sharing the kitchen with so many people that puts me off! I haven't been on any open days, but when i had my interview there we got a quick tour, but i didn't get to actually look inside the halls
Reply 374
Original post by elfell
Well i know i definitely want an ensuite and i want to be in the city centre, but it's the sharing the kitchen with so many people that puts me off! I haven't been on any open days, but when i had my interview there we got a quick tour, but i didn't get to actually look inside the halls

They only show Gill Street, they dont show others, I guess they are ashamed of other halls :rolleyes:
Original post by elfell

It's not all that bad, more food to nick lol:biggrin:
Original post by Swimmer
They only show Gill Street, they dont show others, I guess they are ashamed of other halls :rolleyes:

Or the students in those halls are having such a blast that they've isolated themselves from all soon to be freshers:headbang:
Reply 377
Original post by pinda.college

Original post by pinda.college
It's not all that bad, more food to nick lol:biggrin:

or more people to nick my food! haha
Hey Guys! :smile:

I have an unconditional offer to study Law with Psychology at NTU!

Anyone else going to be joining me?

I also would like to know what the best suited accommodation for this course would be?

Having had a quick look, I think I may apply for Gill Street. Is this a wise choice?

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 379

heyyy!!! I'm going to study the exact same course as you :smile: Could you tell me about it? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending