The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow School of Art: 2011 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Has anyone heard back from Painting/printmaking for gsa?

Original post by QueenOfHearts03
I know this is just for gsa but i just got an interview for ECA!!

Hey, can I ask what you're applying for, for the interview? I applied for the 5 year MA Fine art course and they've invited for an 'applicant day' which basically seems like a portfolio review (not an actually interview- 'high number of applicants'), so I was wondering if this is a stage before the interview or maybe they just don't bother. Congrats either way, btw.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 41
Just received an invitation to interview for painting and printmaking through the post, they give you instructions to arrange it online and they've provided me with three dates. March 1st, 2nd and 3rd. It's February 28th. How last minute did they leave it?!

Anybody else got this problem?
Reply 42
Original post by mattwoof
Just received an invitation to interview for painting and printmaking through the post, they give you instructions to arrange it online and they've provided me with three dates. March 1st, 2nd and 3rd. It's February 28th. How last minute did they leave it?!

Anybody else got this problem?

That is so soon! I have applied to the same course but still not heard anything :frown:
Reply 43
Original post by zarvek
That is so soon! I have applied to the same course but still not heard anything :frown:

I know, especially if you have to make travel arrangements! The letter is dated 24th Feb so its taken 4 days to get to me here in Newcastle, might take a little bit longer if you're further south. I'm gonna ring the registry and see if they have any alternative dates, i really hope they do otherwise i'm gonna have a mega stressful week!
Reply 44
holy.. I seriously hope they have alternative dates, I thought they'd give at least a week's notice! I'm still waiting on one but I live in Birmingham, train/coach is going to be a bitch if they have actually given me anything. Do you mind posting what you find from calling them?
Reply 45
Just rang, more dates are gonna be issued but are still awaiting confirmation from the department, so the guy just advised me to wait a couple of days and check what other dates there are before booking in. Phew!

I guess the dates up now are for those who sent their ucas early and got their letters a while back, this would make sense considering i sent mine bang on the 15th Jan deadline haha, whoops. Anyways panick over, theres more dates to come!
Reply 46
Got a letter for an interview for painting and printmaking too. Really nervous ahh! However I know the chances of getting in are slim because im only 17 and they look for older students but I dont care its still exciting :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by aMcknight
Got a letter for an interview for painting and printmaking too. Really nervous ahh! However I know the chances of getting in are slim because im only 17 and they look for older students but I dont care its still exciting :smile:

Congratulations! I applied last year too when i was 17 and i got an interview, didn't end up getting in though haha, good luck to you though! Hopefully having a foundation will back me up this year.
Reply 48
Original post by aMcknight

serious congratulations, man. I'm applying for the same, 17 too. At Slade all the other applicants seemed to have an average age of 22 (got rejected) but I've heard of a few people getting into GSA straight out of A level, so I'm still hoping. Was wondering, same to anyone else here applying, do you have an online portfolio or something? Can't say I'm not curious to see what the standards are like :P
Reply 49
I know, especially if you have to make travel arrangements! The letter is dated 24th Feb so its taken 4 days to get to me here in Newcastle, might take a little bit longer if you're further south. I'm gonna ring the registry and see if they have any alternative dates, i really hope they do otherwise i'm gonna have a mega stressful week!

I am in Bristol so hopefully it is making its way down here! Did you find out if there were any other dates?
Reply 50
Original post by Zhexi
Was wondering, same to anyone else here applying, do you have an online portfolio or something? Can't say I'm not curious to see what the standards are like :P

I wanna see everyone elses work too, check out the competition and that haha!

Deviantart: http://mattwoof.deviantart.com/

Camberwell digital portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57964365@N03/

Post yours!
Reply 51
I wanna see everyone elses work too, check out the competition and that haha!

Deviantart: http://mattwoof.deviantart.com/

Camberwell digital portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57964365@N03/

Post yours!

Well exactly :P, Mine's: http://www.behance.net/zhexi/frame

Some of those paintings are ****ing excellent - 'bruised' and 'perception' especially, the hatched ink stuff also, and seriously interesting installations, are you a foundationer?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 52
Thanks man! Yeeeah i'm a foundationer, you have a tonne of work like, i'm diggin the 'pound of flesh' paintings and the foot shoe haha! If you're still on A Level that's insane.
Reply 53
gsa painting/printmaking interview invitation arrived, also dated the 24th. Thankfully my booking dates still allow for up to the 15th, though. Anyone else heard? Looks like I'm going to have to do Glasgow 14th, Edinburgh 15th.
Reply 54
GSA Painting and Printmaking interview!!! Woooo!! I was really doubting if I'd get one as I am only and A Level student just now :P
Reply 55
finally got one too for P&P. anyone done the interview yet? what do they ask???
Is anyone from down south??
Reply 57
Original post by cocacola123

Aye, still haven't heard
Reply 58
Original post by cocacola123

is birmingham south enough for you? :P I've got GSA and ECA on consecutive days, might have to stay the night in sunny Scotland.
Reply 59
Yeah, im pretty far south at the moment.....cornwall, even though origianlly from Scotland. Lol 12 hour train journey here I come!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending