The Student Room Group

University of York Economics applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I applied for the:
Bsc Econ at Manchester AAB
Bsc Econ at sheffield ABB (reduced offer)
Econ Bsc at l'boro AAB
EconFi at surrey ABB (reduced offer).

York is first choice though so its just annoying that they're taking so long.

I might ring them up and ask when they expect to send out offers, although I don't want to sound too pushy and jeopardize my application.

Where's your first choice?
Reply 21
Original post by walker575
I applied for the:
Bsc Econ at Manchester AAB
Bsc Econ at sheffield ABB (reduced offer)
Econ Bsc at l'boro AAB
EconFi at surrey ABB (reduced offer).

York is first choice though so its just annoying that they're taking so long.

I might ring them up and ask when they expect to send out offers, although I don't want to sound too pushy and jeopardize my application.

Where's your first choice?

My first choice is also York and really want an offer.
I was exactly the same, I did want to contact them and ask about my application but didn't want to sound too pushy and impatient.
Reply 22
I think if I haven't heard anything in the next month then I'll consider contacting the department.
Original post by haaroon321
When did you apply? And what are you're grades like?

I sent my application off around the 15th of November. My AS results were AAB in Maths, physics and Economics. My personal statment was very good. I've got offers from Bristol and sussex and i'm still waiting for York, Durham and Southampton, they are taking forever:angry:.
Reply 24
Original post by OVERCAPITALISED
I sent my application off around the 15th of November. My AS results were AAB in Maths, physics and Economics. My personal statment was very good. I've got offers from Bristol and sussex and i'm still waiting for York, Durham and Southampton, they are taking forever:angry:.

Just out of interest...how do you know it was 'very good' surely that is, to a degree, a value judgement? However im sure it was, Durham looks ace, i just didn't have the GCSE A*s to apply, i only got 4 :frown: I thought, 'no point wasting a place'.
Just out of interest...how do you know it was 'very good' surely that is, to a degree, a value judgement? However im sure it was, Durham looks ace, i just didn't have the GCSE A*s to apply, i only got 4 :frown: I thought, 'no point wasting a place'.

I showed my PS people who work in university admissions and they told me.
Reply 26
I showed my PS people who work in university admissions and they told me.

Good work :smile:
Reply 27

I got BBC last year but predicted AAB and got an offer from Southampton in jan so you should be okay, i sent mine off in early november and still nothing from york
Reply 28
Anyone heard yet???
Reply 29
I got an offer of AAB on thursday.

GSCEs: 4 A*, 4 A, 2 B
AS: AAAB
A2 predicted: A*A*A (Maths, Econ, History)
Reply 30
Anyone heard yet???

I got an unconditional offer on thursday, i have also applied to Manchester and Sheffield like you.

Out of interest, what made you pick York as your first choice?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Reflex
I got an unconditional offer on thursday, i have also applied to Manchester and Sheffield like you.

Out of interest, what made you pick York as your first choice?

UNCONDITIONAL?! nice! what are your grades and what's our first choice?

I made it first choice because they have a strong finance department/professor and i want to go into finance
Reply 32
UNCONDITIONAL?! nice! what are your grades and what's our first choice?

I made it first choice because they have a strong finance department/professor and i want to go into finance

I already did my A-Levels last year and got A (Economics) A (Maths) B (Biology), so it was either unconditional or unsuccessful lol

I haven't made my final choice yet though.
Reply 33
Original post by Reflex
I already did my A-Levels last year and got A (Economics) A (Maths) B (Biology), so it was either unconditional or unsuccessful lol

I haven't made my final choice yet though.

Ah I seeee, well done anyway. I'm on edge waiting for an offer now ha
Reply 34
Original post by Twazzock
I got an offer of AAB on thursday.

GSCEs: 4 A*, 4 A, 2 B
AS: AAAB
A2 predicted: A*A*A (Maths, Econ, History)

You know when the applicant day is? I still havent heard but need to plan ahead
Reply 35
You know when the applicant day is? I still havent heard but need to plan ahead

Just got a letter, it's March 16th. I probably won't go as it's 2 hours long and is basically a Q&A and a quick tour. I went to the initial open day anyway.
Reply 36
Original post by haaroon321
City University London
University of Leeds
Lancaster University
University of Manchester

I have offers from all of the above but still nothing from York.
I applied on the 19th October.

what were your gcses and as grades if you dont mind me asking? Thanks!
I'm thinking of applying to York this october......do you know if anybody got an offer for economics thats higher than AAB? Cheers!
Reply 37
hi everyone,

i am torn between four different courses: econ history, econ and history, econ and phil, or econ and politics.

at AS my grades were A - history, B - economics, and Cs in maths and politics.
this year i am dropping politics and am predicted AAB for next year (b in maths).

ideally, i would like to go for econ and politics, but my only worry is whether unis will not like the fact that i have dropped politics. would this be a problem for me?

with my AS grades and predicted grades, do i have a chance at receiving offers for the following universities: leeds, york, nottingham, manchester, southampton, soas, cardiff, bath, and exeter.

thanks a lot for the help everyone.
Reply 38
Original post by ugk4life
hi everyone,

i am torn between four different courses: econ history, econ and history, econ and phil, or econ and politics.

at AS my grades were A - history, B - economics, and Cs in maths and politics.
this year i am dropping politics and am predicted AAB for next year (b in maths).

ideally, i would like to go for econ and politics, but my only worry is whether unis will not like the fact that i have dropped politics. would this be a problem for me?

with my AS grades and predicted grades, do i have a chance at receiving offers for the following universities: leeds, york, nottingham, manchester, southampton, soas, cardiff, bath, and exeter.

thanks a lot for the help everyone.

It's not going to look good considering politics was your lowest grade and you dropped it...

Also. most of the universities you've listed at A*AA or AAA now so you aren't likely to get many offers considering you're only predicted AAB (Nottingham, Bath and Exeter in particular will be tricky)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending