The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Just started re-playing ME2 after giving up early on, met Joker, he has his legs back. What happened there? Or is that in ME1 and I missed it (considering I only played a tiny fraction of that game :P )
Original post by FluffyLion
Just started re-playing ME2 after giving up early on, met Joker, he has his legs back. What happened there? Or is that in ME1 and I missed it (considering I only played a tiny fraction of that game :P )

He can walk but sudden movements and his bones break fast (he says so in ME1). If you have a conversation with Dr Chakwas she mentions his illness. But you have to do a minor side mission for her first to open up that dialouge :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lessthanzero
He can walk but sudden movements and his bones break fast (he says so in ME1). If you have a conversation with Dr Chakwas she mentions his illness. But you have to do a minor side mission for her first to open up that dialouge :smile:

Oh I remember that now!

Spoiler

Oh I remember that now!

Spoiler

yeah its the brandy, if you get hoon-daddied with her she mentions Jeff :smile: theres another small side mission as well on the lower decks as well if you havent already done it, its with the 2 engineers who are near Tali. :smile:
yeah its the brandy, if you get hoon-daddied with her she mentions Jeff :smile: theres another small side mission as well on the lower decks as well if you havent already done it, its with the 2 engineers who are near Tali. :smile:

I didn't manage to get Tali, she wouldn't come with us :/

And don't forget Rupert, the mess officer.

I didn't manage to get Tali, she wouldn't come with us :/

Be patient.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Jace Falco
And don't forget Rupert, the mess officer.

Be patient.

First thing I did on Normandy 2 was explore - have spoken to both the Mess Sergeant and the Doc, done the brandy for the dock, just gonna wait till I get to the Citadel to do the mess sergeant one.

Lol, I figured just then that I'd missed out on her completely. I guess not!
Reply 127
Original post by pinkpenguin
So I've started playing ME2 on the PS3. Never played a Mass Effect before, so a bit lost as to what the hell is going on, but enjoying it nonetheless! Gameplay is fun, it's like Uncharted with more RPG elements.

Can't decide whether my badass woman Shepard is going to be nice or a complete cow though.

Oh, and MARTIN SHEEN FTW!!! Yes.

Same, I got it last last week and can't stop playing it :biggrin:

Where you up to now?
Original post by ussumane
Same, I got it last last week and can't stop playing it :biggrin:

Where you up to now?

Awesome!

I'm not far really:

Spoiler

Reply 129
I've completed ME2 once, as a soldier and on the medium difficulty(or whichever is default). I found it pretty easy so on my second play through I bumped it up a couple of notches.
Although this time I tried played as an adept and frankly, I'm struggling to see the real benefits of using bionic powers(like pull,throw etc) over that of a soldiers adrenaline/concussive.

Does anyone recommend another class other than soldier for higher difficulties?
Reply 130
Original post by ocarina
I've completed ME2 once, as a soldier and on the medium difficulty(or whichever is default). I found it pretty easy so on my second play through I bumped it up a couple of notches.
Although this time I tried played as an adept and frankly, I'm struggling to see the real benefits of using bionic powers(like pull,throw etc) over that of a soldiers adrenaline/concussive.

Soldier is the easiest class to play as.

I always like infiltrator.
Where's this new DLC? I tried playing KOTOR to fill the void and it just didn't work :frown:
Reply 132
Original post by cambo211
Soldier is the easiest class to play as.

I always like infiltrator.

Oh it's by far the easiest compared to the other classes. I found the sniper rifle to be an absolute godsend in combination with adrenaline.

I just feel as though bionic powers are a tad useless. Once they're on cooldown, I'm left to fend for myself with utter useless weapons - be it the machine pistol/normal pistol :redface:

Think I'll have to try the others first. I'm really not feeling it for the adept!
Reply 133
Original post by ocarina
Oh it's by far the easiest compared to the other classes. I found the sniper rifle to be an absolute godsend in combination with adrenaline.

I just feel as though bionic powers are a tad useless. Once they're on cooldown, I'm left to fend for myself with utter useless weapons - be it the machine pistol/normal pistol :redface:

Think I'll have to try the others first. I'm really not feeling it for the adept!

Infiltrator is soldier/tech.

So you have access to the sniper and pistol along with some tech powers including moments of invisibility where shots fired do more damage.
Infiltrator is definitely my favourite class.
Original post by ocarina

Biotics are the best esp if you have to 2 team mates who have biotic powers. Vanguard's are good for shield boost, because it never runs out, unlike the biotic barrier. Vanguard shield will stop working when its destroyed. I personally like using Warp, have Miranda using Warp and Garrus with overload. Its pretty effective, it just takes a while to boost up the points to make them really effective. pull and throw are not massively effective, i hardly ever used them myself. warp is always the best, its really effective against Harbingers Collectors or whatever there called when he shouts "assuming direct control" :tongue:

Original post by Michael Locke
Where's this new DLC? I tried playing KOTOR to fill the void and it just didn't work :frown:

The latest DLC was a costume kit for Miranda, Tali and Grunt. The best DLC is the Lair of the Shadow Broker, has anyone played it?
(edited 13 years ago)
The latest DLC was a costume kit for Miranda, Tali and Grunt. The best DLC is the Lair of the Shadow Broker, has anyone played it?

I meant http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/22/mass-effect-2-arrival-dlc-uncovered/
Original post by ocarina

Challenge yourself! Play adept. If you like the idea of star wars' "force" then you'll love being able to lift people and throw them away, or just firing weird blue energy thingies if you feel lazy

It's quality

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by dnumberwang
Challenge yourself! Play adept. If you like the idea of star wars' "force" then you'll love being able to lift people and throw them away, or just firing weird blue energy thingies if you feel lazy

It's quality

Spoiler

Your 'spolier' didn't work :smile:
Your 'spolier' didn't work :smile:

*******s. thanks, fixed

Quick Reply

Latest