The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Humz7
oh wicked! finally someone who's actually going to the same uni and has applied for the same course! :smile:

yeah I was thinking that too, but then as I drove past clifton campus it just look so nice! haha.

which one out of them three would you consider 'the best' one to apply for?

At the moment I am really unsure! They all have good and bad points in a way! I am going to open day on wednesday and gonna have a stalk around outside them all! I am also thinking about simpsons... but they only ever open up gill for viewing! D: So might see if I can see any current students hanging around that wouldn't mind letting me have a look inside! :P
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 381
Original post by Stephhcharlene
At the moment I am really unsure! They all have good and bad points in a way! I am going to open day on wednesday and gonna have a stalk around outside them all! I am also thinking about simpsons... but they only ever open up gill for viewing! D: So might see if I can see any current students hanging around that wouldn't mind letting me have a look inside! :P

that is true. oh right, is it the social scienes' one?
is simpsons in the city centre?
yeah I went to the open day on the 12th feb and they wouldn't show us what the accomodation looked like :/ but clifton looked well good! ha.
is gill any good?
haha that's a good idea :wink: let me know what you think of it and how it goes! :smile:
Anyone doing PSYCHOLOGY... or PSYCHOLOGY WITH SOCIOLOGY?
I have firmed psychology and insured psychology with sociology... So unless I get absolutely disasterous exam results I am going coming to Nottingham Trent! :smile: yey!
Anyone else doing this course in 2011?
So excited to move out!
Reply 383
Hi ya. so how much money do you reccomend taking for freshers week? some people have said like 500-700 £ :s-smilie:
Original post by rosee92
I'd like to offer my services as a current NTU student if anyone has any questions and whatnot, 'cause I'm just nice like that! :smile:
Hey everyone, curretn NTU student here, first year, studying business, living at Norton Court. Can answer most qustions you may have about city campus... although may struggle with Clifton questions, I'll try my best! :biggrin:
Original post by abisara
Hi ya. so how much money do you reccomend taking for freshers week? some people have said like 500-700 £ :s-smilie:

I spent £200-£250 on mine, and I really went all out! Got smashed every night and went to every event put on... so I'd say you really wouldn't need more than £250!
Reply 386
Original post by rachelkeira
Hey everyone, curretn NTU student here, first year, studying business, living at Norton Court. Can answer most qustions you may have about city campus... although may struggle with Clifton questions, I'll try my best! :biggrin:

Hey :smile: I got a few questions, I'll be studying business too, are you enjoying it?

And what's the area Norton Court is in like? How longs it take to walk to lectures? I'll be living in Cotton Mills, which apparently is around the corner from Norton Court, so I'm curious to know what it's like from first hand experience :tongue:
Reply 387
I spent £200-£250 on mine, and I really went all out! Got smashed every night and went to every event put on... so I'd say you really wouldn't need more than £250!
did u purchase wristbands or tickets? also is it at the same location everynight? x
Original post by Jobud
Hey :smile: I got a few questions, I'll be studying business too, are you enjoying it?

And what's the area Norton Court is in like? How longs it take to walk to lectures? I'll be living in Cotton Mills, which apparently is around the corner from Norton Court, so I'm curious to know what it's like from first hand experience :tongue:

Yes, I love it! I'm finding it quite easy though at the minute, as we're mostly doing A level work, so I only have to go in 2 days a week!

Radford is a horrible area. You seriously cannot leave here alone after dark. In the past week, we've had a break in, my friend got followed by a man down the road to here, and someone I know got mugged right outside :|
So it's common for people to get taxis back from uni if it's dark, they cost £3 and you're silly not to! The walk is between 15-30 mins, depending on your walking speed and how many people ask you for money on the way! I have a friend living in cotton mills, and it's definitely a nice place on the inside! You just have to be careful leaving! Sorry if I've scared you a bit, but I wish I'd known all this before I moved to the area!
Original post by abisara
did u purchase wristbands or tickets? also is it at the same location everynight? x

You go to different places, but they're all £4 on the door, and you have to have a freshers wristband to get in, so make sure you pick that up as soon as you arrive, because the queue to get them was 3 hours long when I went this year! Also, before you come to uni, the first carnage will be announced, defo get a t shirt for that! This year they sold out before we moved to uni and a lot of people missed out!
Reply 390
O ok where do you get them from? the internet? And also where are the wristbands available at? Thank u so much for ur help. x
You go to different places, but they're all £4 on the door, and you have to have a freshers wristband to get in, so make sure you pick that up as soon as you arrive, because the queue to get them was 3 hours long when I went this year! Also, before you come to uni, the first carnage will be announced, defo get a t shirt for that! This year they sold out before we moved to uni and a lot of people missed out!
Reply 391

Ah that's good to know, and well I hope it isn't too easy lol, but I'm sure it gets harder as the years go on.

And really? Yikes aha :eek:. I'm usually careful when I'm walking around (keeping my important stuff zipped up and straying away from shady looking folk), and I plan on only walking on my own during daytime for lectures, or in groups if classmates live near me. Will probably get taxis back or walk back in groups at night. I'll be living on the fourth floor, so it'll be a bit hard to get in through my window lol (I hope anyway). Hopefully I should be ok, providing I take said precautions? :tongue:
Reply 392
I've put Nottingham Trent as my firm choice and i want to put my deposit down for halls but it's asking for a NTU ID and i don't have one. Does anybody know how I get one?
Original post by abisara
O ok where do you get them from? the internet? And also where are the wristbands available at? Thank u so much for ur help. x

Yeah, if you look just google carnage uk, go to that site and choose nottingham it should be pretty straightforward, and if you go there now, I think you can sign up to a mailing list to let you know when they come up for sale :smile:
Wristbands you get from the SU, downstairs, should be pretty well signposted on move in weekend :smile:
Reply 394
I called up about accomodation and i think it goes live 9th May so its like bidding i guess -_- first come first serve. x
Original post by elfell
I've put Nottingham Trent as my firm choice and i want to put my deposit down for halls but it's asking for a NTU ID and i don't have one. Does anybody know how I get one?
Original post by elfell

It should be on the letter confirming your offer I think... if not just ring up the uni, they'll be very helpful :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by abisara

Original post by abisara
I called up about accomodation and i think it goes live 9th May so its like bidding i guess -_- first come first serve. x

ahh i'm finding this accomodation stuff so confusing! so can i not even put a deposit down yet?
Original post by Jobud
Ah that's good to know, and well I hope it isn't too easy lol, but I'm sure it gets harder as the years go on.

And really? Yikes aha :eek:. I'm usually careful when I'm walking around (keeping my important stuff zipped up and straying away from shady looking folk), and I plan on only walking on my own during daytime for lectures, or in groups if classmates live near me. Will probably get taxis back or walk back in groups at night. I'll be living on the fourth floor, so it'll be a bit hard to get in through my window lol (I hope anyway). Hopefully I should be ok, providing I take said precautions? :tongue:

Yeah, I hope so! I've got all firsts in coursework so far with little to no effort though; so I suppose I can't complain if it carries on like this, hehe.

Yeah, hopefully you'll be safe if you stick with those measures! Moving here from a quite safe village was definitely a culture shock to me! At least there's an Aldi very close by to make up for it! Oh and a B&M bargains :biggrin:
Reply 398
Yeah, I hope so! I've got all firsts in coursework so far with little to no effort though; so I suppose I can't complain if it carries on like this, hehe.

Yeah, hopefully you'll be safe if you stick with those measures! Moving here from a quite safe village was definitely a culture shock to me! At least there's an Aldi very close by to make up for it! Oh and a B&M bargains :biggrin:

Aha, well I find business easy, so I'll probably end up in the same boat as you. But eh I'm sure it gets harder lol. I wudda been in your class if I had actually got to NTU in September like I planned.

And yeah, I'm not gonna live my life in fear lol, but I'm not an idiot and I do look after myself. And Aldi? Result :tongue: weekly shop won't be difficult then :biggrin:
Reply 399
Original post by bexo
heyyy,

so do people with unconditional offers get to book before people with conditional offers then? how are you liking it at ntu? x

sorry, super slow reply haha. yes, thats right. their booking opens before those holding conditional offers, so they get to choose first. this means that they take up alot of the 'good' accomodation (such as gill street) however is a bonus if you have an unconditional offer. i really like it, it's a good university and a good city. it's got something for everyone definitely.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending