The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Krydel
Thank you.

If there's even a little chance they can withdraw their offer, i will have to do it then.

I don't think there's any harm in asking how they'd feel about you not doing the EPQ, the worst that'll happen is they'll say do it.

Might be worth having a search for what other people have advised who know more about it than me.

EDIT: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30077806

this is the one I was looking for.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3521
Original post by Potiron
I don't think there's any harm in asking how they'd feel about you not doing the EPQ, the worst that'll happen is they'll say do it.

Might be worth having a search for what other people have advised who know more about it than me.

EDIT: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30077806

this is the one I was looking for.

I'd be worried it makes me look lazy from the outset, but i will have a look at that link :smile:

Thank you.
Reply 3522
Original post by jessicaaax
No, i'm from the UK, I assume you are international? Where else have you applied?
Yeah its the last for me as well, but I applied for both law and law and politics there and I haven't heard back for either of the courses!
Just driving me mad because I got an e-mail saying 6 to 8 weeks and now its been like 12 so every time I get an e-mail I keep thinking it might be them!

yes i'm international, I have also applied to Warwick, SOAS, Cambridge and LSE.
I have heard from all of them except for QM, which is weird....
yea I remember the email saying that, that's why I expect them to be the first to reply.
haha it has been 18 weeks for me and indeed few weeks ago they replied my email saying that "the law department should make a decision by the end of feburary"
and now it's almost March :/!! This is driving me crazy toooo!
Original post by Thepro
I have heard from them within 8 weeks of sending my application. You could send them an email?

I may have to, its been a pretty long time and i'm so impatient!
Original post by 2011law
yes i'm international, I have also applied to Warwick, SOAS, Cambridge and LSE.
I have heard from all of them except for QM, which is weird....
yea I remember the email saying that, that's why I expect them to be the first to reply.
haha it has been 18 weeks for me and indeed few weeks ago they replied my email saying that "the law department should make a decision by the end of feburary"
and now it's almost March :/!! This is driving me crazy toooo!

Well hopefully we will hear from them soon! :biggrin: Good luck on getting an offer!
Original post by Cast.Iron

Sarcasm evidently does not travel well over the internet :biggrin:.

lool no i could tell you were being sarcastic, i was just being opportunistic and using your circumstances, to have a rant about our lack of protection from unwarranted searches :smile:
Reply 3526
Original post by Thepro
Sorry to hear that about King's. Nottingham is also great and congratulations for that.What is you LNAT score and AS results if you don't mind me asking?

Original post by earheart
really sorry to hear about your rejection :frown: do you mind me asking what your lnat score, A2 predictions and GCSEs are?

i got 19 :/ not the best
I'm predicted AAAB
Gcses werent amazing 3 A*, 6 A's, 3 B's
also my as's werent great because of family problems :frown:
Hope this helps you both :biggrin:
Do you mind me asking what your lnat score is?

17 .. So I didn't even make the cut off point of 18 haha! :smile:
Reply 3528
Original post by rtaylor05
17 .. So I didn't even make the cut off point of 18 haha! :smile:

snap on the lnat score :smile: just waiting for my rejection, which should be on its way soon... do you mind me asking what your A level predictions and GCSEs are?
Reply 3529
Original post by Lorna126
i got 19 :/ not the best
I'm predicted AAAB
Gcses werent amazing 3 A*, 6 A's, 3 B's
also my as's werent great because of family problems :frown:
Hope this helps you both :biggrin:

your lnat is better than mine, i only got 17 :smile: thanks for the info!
snap on the lnat score :smile: just waiting for my rejection, which should be on its way soon... do you mind me asking what your A level predictions and GCSEs are?

Well I am actually in Scotland so don't do A levels! But in my Higher exams last year I got AAAAB and this year in my Advance Highers I am predicted AAA.

But my reason was because of LNAT, I think the essay is quite important and I think mine was NOT good haha. Good luck with Kings, no news is good news I say.
Reply 3531
Well I am actually in Scotland so don't do A levels! But in my Higher exams last year I got AAAAB and this year in my Advance Highers I am predicted AAA.

But my reason was because of LNAT, I think the essay is quite important and I think mine was NOT good haha. Good luck with Kings, no news is good news I say.

I did opt for a really generic argument on abortion so I'm not exactly certain how well thats going to do down with the good ol' admissions lot :frown: But thanks for answering my questions :smile: good luck with the rest of your applications!
Reply 3532
Original post by Pai
Anyone here apply for law and sociology at warwick?

:biggrin: Me!
Not heard a thing.
Do you have any idea how many places there are on the course?
Original post by runby
:biggrin: Me!
Not heard a thing.
Do you have any idea how many places there are on the course?

i've applied for straight law but a friend of mine who emailed asking about the number of places for warwick law courses said that law and sociology had 16 places :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Yes, finally I hear something back from somewhere! Conditional BBBBB (Irish Leaving Cert) offer from Aberdeen
I know- same, it looks incredible! Did you get a letter from them? I heard a rubbish rumour that they sent out letters to their top 20 interviewee performances... Shame I did not receive said letter haha..

KCL rejection- bummer but expected due to horrible LNAT! Oh well, time to firm York :smile:

Is this in reference to the York Law course? I looked back over previous posts and I think that's what you're talking about. If not, then please - ignore this! I recieved a letter from York and have been trying to work out if other people recieved the same letter. Here's what it said;

Dear -----

Many congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that we have been able to make you an offer of a place on the LLB in Law. You will shortly recieve a letter from the University setting out the details of the offer.

I am writing to let you know that your interview performance was particularly impressive, placing you as one of the best candidates who were offered a place. The Law programme at York Law School presents a very different learning experience from the more traditional lecture and tutorial based approach offered by other universities. It is challenging and intellectually demanding but, to the right candidate, it offers the oppurtunity to achieve a deeper and more critical understanding of the law. Your interviewers were of the opinion that you are exceptionally well-suited to profiting from the method of learning and teaching adopted here at York. We think you would do exceptionally well at York Law School, both in terms of your own development and what you could contribute. I very much hope that you will accept our offer.

Yours sincerely

Stuart Bell.

I very much doubt this is the rumoured letter as at one point during the interview I started talking about beagles wearing lipstick and, at another, i completely lost my train of thought and was stupid enough to actually tell them so...oops!
I don't know if anyone got this letter but either way I can't see that it makes much difference - unfortunately my offer is still the standard AAA :frown:

Just as a matter of interest - what do you think of the course/how do you think law firms will view it?
Is it me, and don't take this the wrong way, or is this forum full of QMUL Nazis? Every time I state that a university's Law department is better than QMUL's (such as Durham, Nottingham, Bristol or Manchester), I seem to get attacked and negged by a bunch of QMUL fanatics.

Do not get me wrong, they have a very good Law School and I am sure that in time it will be just as prestigious as the aforementioned institutions.

The only place they seem to accept is better than QMUL for Law a lot of the time is Oxbridge.

Naturally, I am not speaking about all QMUL students on here. I have encountered many helpful students too.
Is it me, and don't take this the wrong way, or is this forum full of QMUL Nazis? Every time I state that a university's Law department is better than QMUL's (such as Durham, Nottingham, Bristol or Manchester), I seem to get attacked and negged by a bunch of QMUL fanatics.

Do not get me wrong, they have a very good Law School and I am sure that in time it will be just as prestigious as the aforementioned institutions.

The only place they seem to accept is better than QMUL for Law a lot of the time is Oxbridge.

Naturally, I am not speaking about all QMUL students on here. I have encountered many helpful students too.

Take that back!!! You're just jealous you're not at our law school because we're better than you!!!!!

Please let it be noted that strong sarcasm has been used in this post. I haven't even applied to QMUL.
Original post by lawology
Take that back!!! You're just jealous you're not at our law school because we're better than you!!!!!

Please let it be noted that strong sarcasm has been used in this post. I haven't even applied to QMUL.

Don't worry, I am an excellent internet sarcasm guru :biggrin:.
Reply 3539
I am a recent Law graduate from QMUL - graduated in 2010. The law school is very good and it has a lot of finance behind it, currently more than most law schools, but it is also fairly new compare to the likes you listed, which carry more history and prestige.

Currently in the guardian they are ranked 3rd and in the Times 5/6 which is a pretty huge jump from 3 years ago, so i think that may be why, some of the newer students have a particular attitude. It should be note that they are also moving to a A* requirement next year ahead of the likes of UCL and Kings, so it would be interesting to see the dimension bought to the law school by new recruits.

Latest

Trending

Trending