The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

still waiting to hear about ppe applied in early october. also no reply yet from york.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 4221
Original post by smileitschloe1
still waiting to hear about ppe applied in early october. also no reply yet from york.

snap, still waiting on durham, although i got an offer from york a few months ago
Reply 4222
Original post by vms
Also, what colleges do you recommend? Questions are a tad vague but anything will do for now.

Thanks a bunch

Hey, firstly, if like me you want self-catered then at Durham it narrows your options majorly! I went for Josephine Butler and I think there was only one other to chose from for undergrad.
I you don't then another consideration is whether you're open to sharing a room, I think (I might be wrong) that most of the rooms in the Castle are shared.
I'd advise a good nosey round the ones you're interested in, on an open day we stayed in Grey and it was okay - the food was good, I was put off because it was really dark in there. It suprised me how far some of the accomodation is from the subject blocks and library etc - I'd have definately needed a bike if I went there!
Appologies for a bit of a vague answer to your vague question! :s-smilie:
Still waiting to hear for maths (G100).
Original post by SashaBelleJ
Still waiting to hear for maths (G100).

Same :frown:
Reply 4225
Could anyone tell me what St. Aiden's is like please? I never hear anyone talking about it?
Off to the open evening in March. :smile:
Original post by Ultimate1
Same :frown:

Feeling more and more like I want to withdraw, if only to complete my column in Track.. :tongue:
yeah, but at least it means there is still a shot. I would rather wait a bit longer than feel like I have been tossed straight into the reject pile :wink:
Reply 4228
Just rejected by Durham for PPE :frown:

Thought that i'd give others that are waiting a warning. Not sure whether all the rejections come together, maybe if you don't get one soon then you will be okay?
Reply 4229
Original post by Gawge

Thought that i'd give others that are waiting a warning. Not sure whether all the rejections come together, maybe if you don't get one soon then you will be okay?

Just got one too for PPE! :mad:
Original post by SashaBelleJ
Feeling more and more like I want to withdraw, if only to complete my column in Track.. :tongue:

Where else have you got offers from?
Reply 4231
Original post by SD18

Unlucky. Where else are you applying for?

I have an offer from Lancaster which I wouldn't be too upset to go to, should get the ABB fairly comfortably as well.

Still waiting on York. Doesn't look good though because of the rejection from Durham and Manchester.

Also have an offer from Sheffield for Econ&Phil but not going to be going there.
Reply 4232
Original post by wit-tank
Sorry mate.
I'm soon to join you I feel. Do you have any other PPE offers? Do you mind if I ask what college?

I applied for mathematics to St. John's.
Original post by SD18

Same... It kind of sucks!!
Original post by Gawge

Rejection also :L 3 rejections now (Oxford and UCL also), 1 offer (York) and still waiting on Warwick. Not too excited about York but really should be.
Do you think if I get my results next week and haven't heard from Durham by then (next Thursday) telling them could possibly make them give me an offer?
Original post by cpdavis
Do you think if I get my results next week and haven't heard from Durham by then (next Thursday) telling them could possibly make them give me an offer?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about doing too.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about doing too.

I get the feeling that doing that will just piss them off. I mean, it's not like they don't know that they haven't replied yet. Or, when I called another university after recieving my offer by post why it took a month to be updated on UCAS, they said UCAS wasn't up to (x date) yet. So maybe that explains the wait.
Original post by Seentje
I get the feeling that doing that will just piss them off. I mean, it's not like they don't know that they haven't replied yet. Or, when I called another university after recieving my offer by post why it took a month to be updated on UCAS, they said UCAS wasn't up to (x date) yet. So maybe that explains the wait.

But say for example I get very good results in March, and they were about to reject me, they might have second thoughts about that then.
But say for example I get very good results in March, and they were about to reject me, they might have second thoughts about that then.

I'm wondering this aswell as my AS results arn't the best but I really put the work in for these january modules + a ton of retakes so hopefully I will have brought them up to a better standard.
Suprised they have not rejected me yet... doubt I will survive this week though :tongue:

Do you reckon its worth mentioning olympiad scores and UMS marks if you were rejected as a reason to possbly reconsider? One of my friends was rejected for biology yet his UMS were stupidly high and he had a silver award in the bio olympiad, yet they wouldn't have known his UMS and the olympiad was done this year.

Latest

Trending

Trending