The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Just wondering if anyone knows the date that St Andrews started giving out their offers last year (not the early ones, the big batch in March)? Apparently Glasgow did theirs on the 12th for the last two years, maybe St Andrew's has a similar sort of pattern? I'm guessing it'll be the week following the 18th of March (the last interviews)
Reply 1141
Original post by BettyJ
I just completly agree with you=P The DRA looks nice and has great space. Love big beds and not at least a drum kit! My only concern is the distance, 25 min of walk or so to town,.. the other accommodations are much closer :P Wish there were better pictures of the rooms:P

It's actually not that long a walk, it takes 10 mines from the med school to the centre of town, so it can't be much longer the the DRA because they are right next to the med school.
Reply 1142
Original post by teafil
Hey! Did you get an offer? If so... what was your UKCAT score? :biggrin: And when was your interview? Was it a conditional or unconditional offer?:smile:

Oh, sorry if you got your hopes up for an answer, but I´m actually just stalking other StA threads :s-smilie: I´m here for psychology, it´s just really interesting to see what other ppl are doing=) My apologies!

Original post by ryan118244
It's actually not that long a walk, it takes 10 mines from the med school to the centre of town, so it can't be much longer the the DRA because they are right next to the med school.

I did´t know med school was right next to DRA? hmm, really confusing:P Guess I´ll have to go and stalk other threads as well :smile:
Reply 1143
Original post by BettyJ
Oh, sorry if you got your hopes up for an answer, but I´m actually just stalking other StA threads :s-smilie: I´m here for psychology, it´s just really interesting to see what other ppl are doing=) My apologies!

I did´t know med school was right next to DRA? hmm, really confusing:P Guess I´ll have to go and stalk other threads as well :smile:

Oh my bad, just realised I got it mixed up with Andrew Melville :/
Reply 1144
Original post by KCosmo
Just wondering if anyone knows the date that St Andrews started giving out their offers last year (not the early ones, the big batch in March)? Apparently Glasgow did theirs on the 12th for the last two years, maybe St Andrew's has a similar sort of pattern? I'm guessing it'll be the week following the 18th of March (the last interviews)

I think loads of people got their results at the very end of March last year - meaning the 30th or 31st of March. So i do believe it's going to be a long wait. On the other hand we might start getting replies as soon as 21st... anyways the waiting is still long :frown:

Also, Glasgow has its last interview on the 16th of March, which is already later than 12 March, which means that this year Glasgow is likely to send out the results a bit later than last year...

Got a question for people around here :biggrin: Did anyone (except Shellfish) get a Conditional Offer? I know Unconditionals are quite often but I haven't heard a lot of people talking about conditionals yet....
Reply 1145
Original post by teafil
I think loads of people got their results at the very end of March last year - meaning the 30th or 31st of March. So i do believe it's going to be a long wait. On the other hand we might start getting replies as soon as 21st... anyways the waiting is still long :frown:

Also, Glasgow has its last interview on the 16th of March, which is already later than 12 March, which means that this year Glasgow is likely to send out the results a bit later than last year...

Got a question for people around here :biggrin: Did anyone (except Shellfish) get a Conditional Offer? I know Unconditionals are quite often but I haven't heard a lot of people talking about conditionals yet....

Thanks :smile: This is going to be the most tense month ever, but at least now I won't be totally put off if I don't hear back by the 21st. I think now it'll be the 30th/31st of March, maybe because there's more applicants this year.

I think if you get an offer it will be unconditional as standard, unless you've not done a prerequisite subject or not met any of the requirements yet (english school leavers would get conditionals as they've not sat their exams yet I think.) I know a guy that applied last year, but hadn't done higher biology yet, so they gave him a conditional with a B in higher biology as the only condition.
Anyone got any tips for the interview please? :h:
Original post by BettyJ
I just completly agree with you=P The DRA looks nice and has great space. Love big beds and not at least a drum kit! My only concern is the distance, 25 min of walk or so to town,.. the other accommodations are much closer :P Wish there were better pictures of the rooms:P

I'm not too bothered about the distance, good way to keep healthy I guess :P if you search "David Russell Apartments St Andrews" on google images there are some better pics :smile: So are you defo going to St Andys?
Reply 1148
Original post by jcarberry1
I'm not too bothered about the distance, good way to keep healthy I guess :P if you search "David Russell Apartments St Andrews" on google images there are some better pics :smile: So are you defo going to St Andys?

Haha, good point! There are some nice pics yeah, google´s always a saviour. :rolleyes: Haven´t confirmed yet, still waiting for 2 other unis to reply, but StA seems like the best place. :biggrin: Have you got an offer yet- as I take it your looking for accommodation?
Nevermind waiting for a response after interview I am at the tense period before the interview! Gaaaah. Trying to work out best way to study...
Reply 1150
Original post by Anterior view
still no word today so far anyway

They tend to give offers out at around 8pm
Reply 1151
Original post by jcarberry1
Thanks!! Oh cool!! Is St Andys your fist choice? Will you stay in accommodation?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is! So I'll definitely be over the moon if I do get an offer!!! Right now I'm in Aberdeen though, and it looks good. It might just replace my Sheffield offer if I do get an offer from here hehe :smile:

Anyway, I think I'll be living in halls if I do get offered a place in St. Andrews :smile: I'll be moving far from home (Sweden) and wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to meet as many new people as possible in halls :biggrin: hehehehe... so yah, social reasons x) But I recall during the post interview tour that it was hard to get accomodation it St. Andrews so you should apply ASAP... Hope I'll still be able to get a place :smile: Again, if I do get an offer... :smile:

Congratulations again! :biggrin:
Reply 1152
Original post by filea
Yeah I'm pretty sure it is! So I'll definitely be over the moon if I do get an offer!!! Right now I'm in Aberdeen though, and it looks good. It might just replace my Sheffield offer if I do get an offer from here hehe :smile:

Anyway, I think I'll be living in halls if I do get offered a place in St. Andrews :smile: I'll be moving far from home (Sweden) and wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to meet as many new people as possible in halls :biggrin: hehehehe... so yah, social reasons x) But I recall during the post interview tour that it was hard to get accomodation it St. Andrews so you should apply ASAP... Hope I'll still be able to get a place :smile: Again, if I do get an offer... :smile:

Congratulations again! :biggrin:

If you're a first year then you're guaranteed a place in student halls, as long as you apply before some deadline (not sure when, but it's ages away, maybe May?)
Original post by KCosmo
If you're a first year then you're guaranteed a place in student halls, as long as you apply before some deadline (not sure when, but it's ages away, maybe May?)

The deadline for accomodation is at the end of may to ensure a guaranteed place, but if anyone is looking at going into the self-catered accomodation, there are limited numbers of places for undergraduate entrants opting for the cheaper places - i think it was fife and albany park...so best to get the application in earlier!

Does anyone know how the catered accomodations serving times work with lectures etc? I'm just wondering whether catered accomodation would be a good idea for medicine students with very demanding workloads.

Also, has anyone received offers today?!? Waiting is horrible!
Reply 1154
Original post by georgie91
The deadline for accomodation is at the end of may to ensure a guaranteed place, but if anyone is looking at going into the self-catered accomodation, there are limited numbers of places for undergraduate entrants opting for the cheaper places - i think it was fife and albany park...so best to get the application in earlier!

Does anyone know how the catered accomodations serving times work with lectures etc? I'm just wondering whether catered accomodation would be a good idea for medicine students with very demanding workloads.

Also, has anyone received offers today?!? Waiting is horrible!

What if you get a conditional? I'm guessing that if you firm St Andrew's then you'd put your form in before your results/exams, in anticipation of meeting your conditions?
Original post by KCosmo
What if you get a conditional? I'm guessing that if you firm St Andrew's then you'd put your form in before your results/exams, in anticipation of meeting your conditions?

Yeah you can apply with a conditional offer, i think if i get an offer through (fingers crossed!) i'd probably send the application for accomodation straight away i'd be that excited about moving there haha!
Reply 1156
Original post by georgie91
Yeah you can apply with a conditional offer, i think if i get an offer through (fingers crossed!) i'd probably send the application for accomodation straight away i'd be that excited about moving there haha!

Thanks! Haha, same here! :tongue:
If I get an offer, it's straight to David Russell apartments for me, a bar within my accommodation is just irresistible :wink:.
Reply 1158
Damn, that's it just turned the 1st of March. By the end of this month all the waiting will be over......Some of us will get in but alas some won't! Here's my official:
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Original post by Carter BSc
If I get an offer, it's straight to David Russell apartments for me, a bar within my accommodation is just irresistible :wink:.

Yeah I think I'd go for the same they look really nice! The bar is a bonus haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending