The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blair_Waldorf
I got an interview invitation from MMORSE today and the interview is on this wed. OMG

Hey so did I, come join us on the MORSE interview thread!

I got my letter on Thursday though, good luck.

ps how will you be dressing?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Anita B. Studin
Hey so did I, come join us on the MORSE interview thread!

I got my letter on Thursday though, good luck.

ps how will you be dressing?

Suits? No idea. They said wear smart casual though.
Got a rejection for law yesterday. Kind of glad since I'm super indecisive and wouldn't have known whether to firm them or York!

Looks like I'll be firming York and having Kent as my back-up, but I like the look of York's Law course so it's all good.
Does anyone know anything about Physics offers or rejections? I applied October.
Original post by lawology
Got a rejection for law yesterday. Kind of glad since I'm super indecisive and wouldn't have known whether to firm them or York!

Looks like I'll be firming York and having Kent as my back-up, but I like the look of York's Law course so it's all good.

Thats a real shame about the rejection, though York looks like a great course.
If I get an offer from warwick then it'll be hard to choose!:smile:
Original post by frozzylove
They're notoriously late. I'm still waiting too.

Original post by Neisco
I'm still waiting! So Fed up of waiting. I'd rather they would just tell me what is going on so I can make a decision!

Good to know I'm not the only one! It's really frustrating, isn't it? I emailed undergraduate admissions and this is the response I received:

Dear ,

Thank you for your email. Economics is a very competitive course at Warwick. All applications received at UCAS by 15 January have to be give equal consideration, therefore the course selectors will make the majority of their decisions in January. The processing of these offers takes place from late January to March. The deadline for sending decisions to UCAS is 5 May 2011.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards
Lynn Owens

Basically, the most generic response possible lol.
Original post by saks10111
Good to know I'm not the only one! It's really frustrating, isn't it? I emailed undergraduate admissions and this is the response I received:

Dear ,

Thank you for your email. Economics is a very competitive course at Warwick. All applications received at UCAS by 15 January have to be give equal consideration, therefore the course selectors will make the majority of their decisions in January. The processing of these offers takes place from late January to March. The deadline for sending decisions to UCAS is 5 May 2011.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards
Lynn Owens

Well, hopefully we'll hear soon.
Reply 1907

Dear ,

I hope this is helpful.

Kind Regards
Lynn Owens

I did the same!
I asked if they would be giving out offers after the last open day for my course and got this:

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that your application is under consideration.

We consider your full profile and your potential as an individual, not just your actual or predicted grades, so it can take some time to get back to you with a decision. We will however make decisions on applications as quickly as possible and aim to have the majority of decisions confirmed by mid-March.

We rigorously apply the same selection criteria to all applications received at UCAS before the 15 January deadline, as such a number of decisions on earlier applications cannot be confirmed until we have received, and had time to consider, all these applications.

Once the course selector has made their decision, we will send it to UCAS, who will process it and display it on their website, where you can track the progress of your application.
Thank you for your patience at this very busy time.
Kind regards,
Tarla Patel
:mad:A*AA for PPE Warwick???? When did they up their game to A*, I've been rejected as I have AAA, but when I applied thought that was their criteria :frown:
Reply 1909
G

I hope this is helpful.

did she just say that was helpful

:lies::lies::banghead:
Reply 1910
Offer for law :biggrin:
Waiting to hear from Physics dep. since mid January... this whole UCAS thing is just exasperating!!!
Original post by yaredabestan
Waiting to hear from Physics dep. since mid January... this whole UCAS thing is just exasperating!!!

I;ve been waiting since end of Oct! D:
Original post by frozzylove
I;ve been waiting since end of Oct! D:

I have been waiting since the end of Sept! :frown:
Original post by h2mmer
Offer for law :biggrin:

congrats !
do you mind telling me your gcses, AS's and predictions? :smile:
Reply 1915
Offer for Law. Words can't express how happy I am after 2 rejections!!!!
Original post by Fisayo16
Offer for Law. Words can't express how happy I am after 2 rejections!!!!

oh my another one! congrattts :smile: do you mind telling me your gcses, AS's & predictions please ; i've been waiting foreverrr!
Got an offer from PAIS for masters in public policy. since its new for the coming year...I'm a bit apprehensive. However, can anyone tell me more about the dept. ?? Also, any other offer holders for the course?
Reply 1918
Original post by xsexygyalx
oh my another one! congrattts :smile: do you mind telling me your gcses, AS's & predictions please ; i've been waiting foreverrr!

Hey. Yeah sure. I was waiting since November. GCSE'S: 3A*s, 6As, 1C. AS'S: AABC. Predictions: A*AA and an A* in the EPQ.
Reply 1919
After I told someone I was probably on some reserve list I open up my email and know it's going to be a rejection. So I go on track and lo and behold, rejection for literature. :zomg::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending