The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AugustWestie

How'd you manage that?

custom ROM. I'm pretty sure anyway, not sure how I tell, as theres no visual difference between 2.3 and 2.4 is there?
Original post by rorydaredking
custom ROM. I'm pretty sure anyway, not sure how I tell, as theres no visual difference between 2.3 and 2.4 is there?

I'm not too clued up on 2.3 or 2.4 but AFAIK the only ROM running even 2.3 so far is CM7, although I may be mistaken. There most certainly aren't any running 2.4 yet. :tongue: The majority are currently based on 2.2. What's the name of your custom ROM? (Settings > About phone > Software information > Software number.)
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm not too clued up on 2.3 or 2.4 but AFAIK the only ROM running even 2.3 so far is CM7, although I may be mistaken. There most certainly aren't any running 2.4 yet. :tongue: The majority are currently based on 2.2. What's the name of your custom ROM? (Settings > About phone > Software information > Software number.)

Isn't 2.4 Jello? :tongue:
Original post by Ducklighter

No idea. I don't know if 2.4 even officially exists. Like I said before, I'm not too clued up on it. :tongue:
Original post by yoyo462001
If it is called Jello I will refuse the update, to make this easier I will just buy a Sony Ecrisson phone so the decision is out of my hands.

They should call it the colour

Then americans can start using words that are spelling right :colondollar:
Reply 4065

No, 2.3 and 2.4 are both Gingerbread. Like how 2.0/2.1 were both Eclair....
For the rare people, who still have HTC hero, there is an update 3.36 I think it is now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=973484

Taa daaaa.
For the rare people, who still have HTC hero, there is an update 3.36 I think it is now.

Taa daaaa.

:flute:

Back to 2.1? Lol! I feel for non rooters.
Hero not rootable? What determines why a phone can or can't be rooted?
Original post by spikeymike
Hero not rootable? What determines why a phone can or can't be rooted?

What? The Hero is rootable. I don't think there's much the manufacturers can do to stop rooting tbh, not with Android being as open as it is.

You can stop custom ROMs by locking the bootloader, like many Motorolla phones, though.
Original post by mikeyd85
What? The Hero is rootable. I don't think there's much the manufacturers can do to stop rooting tbh, not with Android being as open as it is.

You can stop custom ROMs by locking the bootloader, like many Motorolla phones, though.

I misunderstood your post then. :colondollar:
Original post by spikeymike
I misunderstood your post then. :colondollar:

Thought you might have. Never mind. :smile:
:flute:

Back to 2.1? Lol! I feel for non rooters.

Nahh rooted it before. Got it sent to repairs, picked it up and they gave it to me back to 2.1 :frown: Made it all pretty too.

Gonna flash it next month though. Too many assignments due in this month to fiddle with the phone. :work:
Nahh rooted it before. Got it sent to repairs, picked it up and they gave it to me back to 2.1 :frown: Made it all pretty too.

Gonna flash it next month though. Too many assignments due in this month to fiddle with the phone. :work:

Ah gutted! Still, at least by then you'll have some really nice Gingerbread ROMs to get on the go! :biggrin:
Ah gutted! Still, at least by then you'll have some really nice Gingerbread ROMs to get on the go! :biggrin:

Can't bludddy wait. =)
explain...

It's not a bad phone but I've had it since Christmas 09 and just bored of it now really. Don't want to give it away either as there's no other phones out there that I really like.

Ditto, I really want to be able to play some decent games now and not just the lowres/puzzle games that don't need a high FPS

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Of course you are, you dissed the SanFran

Excellent comeback

Original post by IcEmAn911
Still on the old HTC Hero with only a few more months left of my 2 year contract!

I still have 6 months and it is going to be a long 6 months

Original post by G8D
It's defos won't be Jam Donut, unfortunately.

Jam Donut would be awesome but would probably get confusing with Donut

Original post by silent ninja
Jilabi gets my vote lol

What is Jilabi?

No idea. I don't know if 2.4 even officially exists. Like I said before, I'm not too clued up on it. :tongue:

As bigmo7 said, 2.3/2.4 are both Ice Cream. It is so that apps designed for dual core honeycomb builds can still work on single cores. It won't add anything just backend stuff for developers.

Taa daaaa.

Such a shame I can't get the update, it would have made my phone so fast
Original post by wizard710
As bigmo7 said, 2.3/2.4 are both Ice Cream. It is so that apps designed for dual core honeycomb builds can still work on single cores. It won't add anything just backend stuff for developers.

They're both Gingerbread. AFAIK, Ice Cream has no defined version number at the mo. And I think it's the other way round. I think 2.4 adds dual core support to phones, not for honeycomb compatibility, just for moar power!

They're both Gingerbread. AFAIK, Ice Cream has no defined version number at the mo. And I think it's the other way round. I think 2.4 adds dual core support to phones, not for honeycomb compatibility, just for moar power!

Yeah, I meant GB, must have just been thinking about Ice Cream and yeah your right
Original post by wizard710
What is Jilabi?

These asian sweets. It was just a joke :wink: I cant imagine google ever calling their OS that.

So i havent followed this thread that closely, what do y'all make of Google's upcoming rival to iTunes? Is it gonna be another half realised attempt?

I think Google should concentrate on fewer products and get rid of that 'beta' image they have associated with them. Their UI is generally ugly (even Gmail and Youtube which are extremely popular!!). Sort your act out. They have their fingers in too many pies imo.

Latest

Trending

Trending