The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Geography @ Kings

Hey guys,

Just wanted to see how many geographers are on here - starting 2011.

I got my offer for AAB BA in Geography :smile:

Max

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .Lupo.
Hey guys,

Just wanted to see how many geographers are on here - starting 2011.

I got my offer for AAB BA in Geography :smile:

Max

Hey, I'm Christopher :biggrin:

AAABB in Scottish Highers BA Geography.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by chr1stopher11
Hey, I'm Christopher :biggrin:

AAABB in Scottish Highers BA Geography.

Have you put kings as your 1st choice ?
Also where else did you apply
Original post by .Lupo.
Have you put kings as your 1st choice ?
Also where else did you apply

I haven't yet done it, but I will do it soon.

I applied to:

Queen Mary - but I withdrew as I didn't really like it.
(2x) Royal Holloway - I'm going to put this as my insurance.
Leicester University - an offer but didn't really like the university that much.

And then KCL :biggrin:

Where did you apply to?
Reply 4
I haven't yet done it, but I will do it soon.

I applied to:

Queen Mary - but I withdrew as I didn't really like it.
(2x) Royal Holloway - I'm going to put this as my insurance.
Leicester University - an offer but didn't really like the university that much.

And then KCL :biggrin:

Where did you apply to?

Applied for:
Bristol
Kings College London
UCL
St Andrews
Royal Holloway

Got rejected by Bristol/ UCL

Accepted by RH and KCL (still havent heard from st andrews)
but most probably going to put my 1st choice as kings :smile:
Original post by .Lupo.
Applied for:
Bristol
Kings College London
UCL
St Andrews
Royal Holloway

Got rejected by Bristol/ UCL

Accepted by RH and KCL (still havent heard from st andrews)
but most probably going to put my 1st choice as kings :smile:

Ah, I have heard Bristol/UCL are extremely difficult to get into - but well done on getting into KCL!

If you get an offer from St Andrews do you think you'll put that as your firm choice?
Offer from King's to study BSc Geography, all they want me to do is pass my course :lol: Admitedly, it's my second choice as i've got an interview at UCL. If that goes badly, it'll definitely be KCL.
Reply 7
Ah, I have heard Bristol/UCL are extremely difficult to get into - but well done on getting into KCL!

If you get an offer from St Andrews do you think you'll put that as your firm choice?

Nope most likely I'm going to Kings :smile:
Original post by .Lupo.
Nope most likely I'm going to Kings :smile:

Awesome. I went to a post offer open day yesterday and I really liked it. King's is definitely going to be my firm :biggrin:
Reply 9
Awesome. I went to a post offer open day yesterday and I really liked it. King's is definitely going to be my firm :biggrin:

I went to one I think mid-Feb.. Seemed good :smile: Just hoping they give me accommodation then it will be perfect!
Original post by .Lupo.
I went to one I think mid-Feb.. Seemed good :smile: Just hoping they give me accommodation then it will be perfect!

Well if you live outside the M25 ring road you are guaranteed accommodation. And since I last posted I have firmly accepted KCL so YAY! XD
Reply 11
Well if you live outside the M25 ring road you are guaranteed accommodation. And since I last posted I have firmly accepted KCL so YAY! XD

Nice one mate.. I'm still waiting on St Andrews! But will probs choose kings
Reply 12
Original post by .Lupo.
Nice one mate.. I'm still waiting on St Andrews! But will probs choose kings

Hey guys,

I also have a BA Geography offer of AAB.

I saw Kings in Feb (16th i think) and absolutely loved it!

Accommodation is going to be hard for me to get though (living within the M25).
COME ON STAMFORD STREET!

lol
Original post by kebabmonk
Hey guys,

I also have a BA Geography offer of AAB.

I saw Kings in Feb (16th i think) and absolutely loved it!

Accommodation is going to be hard for me to get though (living within the M25).
COME ON STAMFORD STREET!

lol

Yay another Geographer! Are you going to/have already firmed?
Reply 14
Yay another Geographer! Are you going to/have already firmed?

Already firmed!

Just thinking about accommodation at the moment...... u?
Already firmed!

Just thinking about accommodation at the moment...... u?

Awesome! Yeah, i'm at that stage too, but I am really busy at the moment, so I'll be thinking about it more once all my exams and stuff are out of they way :smile:

What accommodation do you think you'll put down as your first choice?
Reply 16
Awesome! Yeah, i'm at that stage too, but I am really busy at the moment, so I'll be thinking about it more once all my exams and stuff are out of they way :smile:

What accommodation do you think you'll put down as your first choice?

I like the look of stamford street (so prob 1st choice)

I'd like to be close to the strand campus so 2nd choice would be great dover street, then i dont really know.....but i don't particularly want hampstead residence (as 5.2 MILES from strand campus!) or intercollegiate as they are all catered and suprisingly really expensive (all more than stamford street i think).

where are you leaning toward?
I like the look of stamford street (so prob 1st choice)

I'd like to be close to the strand campus so 2nd choice would be great dover street, then i dont really know.....but i don't particularly want hampstead residence (as 5.2 MILES from strand campus!) or intercollegiate as they are all catered and suprisingly really expensive (all more than stamford street i think).

where are you leaning toward?

Cool, I actually visited SSA when I went to the open day. It's definitely going to go something like this (in order of preference):

Hampstead
Brian Creamer
Wolfson
KCH
SSA
GDSA

I'm not that into en-suite at all. I'd prefer to share toilets and have a bigger room and cheaper rent :smile:
Reply 18
Cool, I actually visited SSA when I went to the open day. It's definitely going to go something like this (in order of preference):

Hampstead
Brian Creamer
Wolfson
KCH
SSA
GDSA

I'm not that into en-suite at all. I'd prefer to share toilets and have a bigger room and cheaper rent :smile:

Well each to their own....

I personally could not justify travelling 5.2 miles etc to the uni when i live within the M25 (LOL), what would be around 1 hr commute each day.

But then you live in scotland dont you......? So i guess that isn't a problem for you.

I cannot decide between brian creamer and wolfson as both look pretty similar, same price, same distance from campus........tough decisions ahead.
Well each to their own....

I personally could not justify travelling 5.2 miles etc to the uni when i live within the M25 (LOL), what would be around 1 hr commute each day.

But then you live in scotland dont you......? So i guess that isn't a problem for you.

I cannot decide between brian creamer and wolfson as both look pretty similar, same price, same distance from campus........tough decisions ahead.

Well obviously I'd like an en-suite but it is too expensive for me so the other halls are much more appealing to me :smile:

Yeah, I live in Scotland so its not an issue for me. Besides, Hampstead I've heard is in a nice residential area so it would be nice to come back from KCL after a long day of studying and be in a quite-ish area.

Quick Reply