The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vinchenko
Ah ok yeah there are 3 types of CLT exams, irritatingly, my college wouldn't tell me which they were using until I got there! Mine was...ok, I wish I'd had longer to do it in though, I think I wrote some pretty decent arguments overall, may have gotten a little carried away once or twice though!

Haha! I do like the place, it is nice and near london too. Hehe most of my teachers understand we need some pushing to actually get down to the work :tongue: I'm not on the law applicants group, so I'll send you my name in a minute...btw I got rejected from UCL this afternoon!! Got my track email whilst in the dentist's chair, too, so not a fantastic afternoon :tongue:

No way!!! I forever hold a grudge against UCL , an amazing candidate with your grades, excellent personal statement and amazing score in LNAT, I just dont understand
Oh well we should go to UCL and be like 'We are firming Cambridge so meh!'
Oh my dentist and rejections my two worst fears..despite the fact that as a child i loved going to the dentist( yes I might have a problem :P)
I added you on facebook so look it up in a minute :smile:
Original post by Somi.A
huge congrats! do u mind telling me ur gcse's alevel predictions etc? that is something to b very proud of :smile:

Hey thank you very much

I have 12 A*s at GCSE
5 A's at AS Level and an A in an A2 from 2009
Predicted A*A*A* in Economics, Maths and History

Have you applied this year, or next? :smile:
Reply 3602
Original post by micky022

Original post by micky022
Just received an offer from Warwick, making 5/5 :smile:

Yay same here. I got 5/5 too with the last from KCL which came in today:smile: Good luck to all who are still waiting!
Reply 3603
Seems that a little batch of Warwick offers were made today... I hope my decision comes through soon! My ucas went off on the 15th October and I've still not heard from them :frown:

Tomorrow is another day though! Congrats to all with offers :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Homebrewstress
Still waiting for a reply for QM, after i applied two months ago. Any one in the same boat? more to the point anyone got a rejection from QM yet?

Same! I applied on the 4th of December haha :smile: just waiting on them now
when did you apply?
Reply 3605
Still waiting for a reply for QM, after i applied two months ago. Any one in the same boat? more to the point anyone got a rejection from QM yet?

same here :s-smilie:
i thought it's only 6-8 weeks...
Reply 3606
Original post by Kerry_x
I've noticed that some people have got offers for Nottingham with the conditions AAB, when they're standard offer is AAA. Anyone who has been given the lower offer, did they say why your offer was reduced?

I got a AAB offer from Nottingham. Well, mine is because I'm international so I have a easier offer.:smile:

QM, too. but I`m an international student. good luck :]
Has anybody applied to SOAS? :/
Reply 3609
Original post by house_vanko
Has anybody applied to SOAS? :/

yes :smile: got an offer last dec :smile:
Reply 3610
Hi there, quick question.

Supposing i did early application and was unsuccessful but my actual exam grades were good is it possible to contact the uni directly to ask them to reconsider my application? anyone heard of a case like that?

please let me know! thanks (:
Reply 3611
Original post by Bethany
Hi there, quick question.

Supposing i did early application and was unsuccessful but my actual exam grades were good is it possible to contact the uni directly to ask them to reconsider my application? anyone heard of a case like that?

please let me know! thanks (:

There's no guarantee that they will reconsider you as grades may not have been the reason the rejected you. By the time you get in touch they may have already run out of places too.

Having said that, you've got nothing to lose by trying and I've heard of unis reversing their decisions before. Drop them an email :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by anoushka1
No way!!! I forever hold a grudge against UCL , an amazing candidate with your grades, excellent personal statement and amazing score in LNAT, I just dont understand
Oh well we should go to UCL and be like 'We are firming Cambridge so meh!'Oh my dentist and rejections my two worst fears..despite the fact that as a child i loved going to the dentist( yes I might have a problem :P)
I added you on facebook so look it up in a minute :smile:

What college :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Kerry_x
I've noticed that some people have got offers for Nottingham with the conditions AAB, when they're standard offer is AAA. Anyone who has been given the lower offer, did they say why your offer was reduced?

My friend got one but another with similar grades and the same LNAT score got an AAA offer - it appears to have no pattern to it!
Ah ok yeah there are 3 types of CLT exams, irritatingly, my college wouldn't tell me which they were using until I got there! Mine was...ok, I wish I'd had longe=!! Got my track email whilst in the dentist's chair, too, so not a fantastic afternoon :tongue:

Do you have an offer from Cambridge for Law? Which college? (HIII btw :biggrin:)
Ah ok yeah there are 3 types of CLT exams, irritatingly, my college wouldn't tell me which they were using until I got there! Mine was...ok, I wish I'd had longer to do it in though, I think I wrote some pretty decent arguments overall, may have gotten a little carried away once or twice though!

Haha! I do like the place, it is nice and near london too. Hehe most of my teachers understand we need some pushing to actually get down to the work :tongue: I'm not on the law applicants group, so I'll send you my name in a minute...btw I got rejected from UCL this afternoon!! Got my track email whilst in the dentist's chair, too, so not a fantastic afternoon :tongue:

Hey,

Can I ask what ure grades are like- gcse, a levels etc?
Reply 3616
Original post by kr122

Original post by kr122
My Bristol offer was for 37 pts. Yours?

Really? Are you an International student?

Mine is for 35...

What are you predicted/subjects?
Original post by lawology
Is this in reference to the York Law course? I looked back over previous posts and I think that's what you're talking about. If not, then please - ignore this! I recieved a letter from York and have been trying to work out if other people recieved the same letter. Here's what it said;

Dear -----

Many congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that we have been able to make you an offer of a place on the LLB in Law. You will shortly recieve a letter from the University setting out the details of the offer.

I am writing to let you know that your interview performance was particularly impressive, placing you as one of the best candidates who were offered a place. The Law programme at York Law School presents a very different learning experience from the more traditional lecture and tutorial based approach offered by other universities. It is challenging and intellectually demanding but, to the right candidate, it offers the oppurtunity to achieve a deeper and more critical understanding of the law. Your interviewers were of the opinion that you are exceptionally well-suited to profiting from the method of learning and teaching adopted here at York. We think you would do exceptionally well at York Law School, both in terms of your own development and what you could contribute. I very much hope that you will accept our offer.

Yours sincerely

Stuart Bell.

I very much doubt this is the rumoured letter as at one point during the interview I started talking about beagles wearing lipstick and, at another, i completely lost my train of thought and was stupid enough to actually tell them so...oops!
I don't know if anyone got this letter but either way I can't see that it makes much difference - unfortunately my offer is still the standard AAA :frown:

Just as a matter of interest - what do you think of the course/how do you think law firms will view it?

Yes, I am talking about York. And yes that is indeed the letter to which I am referring! Well done to you :smile: My friend got the same one and I think it means that you got a pretty high score in your interview, and maybe a little lenience on your AAA if you fall a grade or two short! But yes standard AAA offer for everyone, so it is time for me to start working hard haha.

In my opinion the course is excellent. Whilst other law degrees give you good skills etc etc... In a time when it is so hard to get jobs/training contracts this degree actually gives you the skills you will need to become a lawyer in a practical sense. And I think that law firms recognise that. From what I've heard Magic Circle firms are particularly impressed (but obv you need the good grades etc too!). So I am firming it because I think that it will actually be more stimulating and fun than other law courses! Do you think you will choose York?
(wow... hello essay...)
Reply 3618
Original post by TomU
There's no guarantee that they will reconsider you as grades may not have been the reason the rejected you. By the time you get in touch they may have already run out of places too.

Having said that, you've got nothing to lose by trying and I've heard of unis reversing their decisions before. Drop them an email :smile:

oh hey thanks for replying! yep okay fingers crossed thanks! (:
Original post by FlobberDobber
What college :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey, Selwyn College right near the Sidgwick Site!
I see your going to St Cats, that is such a beautiful college, I know so many people that are going there weirdly! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending