Kita likey :wink:

Truth, innit?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Zottula
Truth, innit?

True blad :cool:

I don't actually talk like this in real life. Looks like I need to talk in London slang once I'm there. :teehee:
Reply 682
Original post by nikita_atikin
True blad :cool:

I don't actually talk like this in real life. Looks like I need to talk in London slang once I'm there. :teehee:

Neither do I.

I hate the way I talk in real life though. I have this horrific accent that is a cross between a Birmingham accent and a Stoke accent. People probably want to hit me.
Original post by Zottula
Neither do I.

I hate the way I talk in real life though. I have this horrific accent that is a cross between a Birmingham accent and a Stoke accent. People probably want to hit me.

Brummie accent :teehee: Stoke accent :yep: Brummie + Stoke = :teehee::yep:
I don't know I can be quite posh sometimes or really sarcastic or common-ish sometimes. :s-smilie: I just talk normal? :s-smilie:
Reply 684
Brummie accent :teehee: Stoke accent :yep: Brummie + Stoke = :teehee::yep:
I don't know I can be quite posh sometimes or really sarcastic or common-ish sometimes. :s-smilie: I just talk normal? :s-smilie:

Hahahaha normal. Well you must have some sort of accent, even if you don't realise it. I just can't help but notice mine because everyone talks differently to me. Even my own parents :s-smilie:. My sister changes her accent everyday, really weird.
Original post by Zottula
Hahahaha normal. Well you must have some sort of accent, even if you don't realise it. I just can't help but notice mine because everyone talks differently to me. Even my own parents :s-smilie:. My sister changes her accent everyday, really weird.

My accent I'd say has changed over the years and I'd say at the moment it's a normal southern one? I used to have a semi-Irish accent before but it's faded now. Don't know really. I just go yap yap yap without giving it a consideration. :dontknow:
Reply 686
My accent I'd say has changed over the years and I'd say at the moment it's a normal southern one? I used to have a semi-Irish accent before but it's faded now. Don't know really. I just go yap yap yap without giving it a consideration. :dontknow:

Yeah probs some variation of the southern accent. Semi-Irish sounds pretty cool. How'd you pick that one up?

I just feel sorry for the poor people who have to listen to me talk. Hopefully it'll die down and become something softer when I move away.
Original post by Zottula
Yeah probs some variation of the southern accent. Semi-Irish sounds pretty cool. How'd you pick that one up?

I just feel sorry for the poor people who have to listen to me talk. Hopefully it'll die down and become something softer when I move away.

I used to live in Northern Ireland before. And in a little country called Oman before that. I've moved loads. I reckon all of our accents will change a bit once we're at university. We'll get Londonish. :wink: And we'll have to keep chattin' lyk dis yano, blad? :wink:
Reply 688
I used to live in Northern Ireland before. And in a little country called Oman before that. I've moved loads. I reckon all of our accents will change a bit once we're at university. We'll get Londonish. :wink: And we'll have to keep chattin' lyk dis yano, blad? :wink:

Yeah most likely. I picked up the Stokie accent a little when I was at Keele and I was hardly there long.
Original post by Zottula
Yeah most likely. I picked up the Stokie accent a little when I was at Keele and I was hardly there long.

Yeah, see that's what I mean :wink: It changes when you're with the same peeps for ages.
Reply 690
I don't think our accents have changed much, but definitely the language we've used has. We've now got weird slang, mnemonics and rhymes just for chemistry.

Due to the multiculturalness of Imperial/London I think we've all learnt to ignore accents. I've had moments when people have said "that American student" and I haven't got a clue what they meant, as I never noticed the accent, despite it being horribly obvious and (now they pointed it out) obnoxious.

Original post by Zottula
Neither do I.

So... that makes your accent Broke or Stummy? :tongue:
Reply 691
Yeah, see that's what I mean :wink: It changes when you're with the same peeps for ages.

Original post by Cyco
I don't think our accents have changed much, but definitely the language we've used has. We've now got weird slang, mnemonics and rhymes just for chemistry.

Due to the multiculturalness of Imperial/London I think we've all learnt to ignore accents. I've had moments when people have said "that American student" and I haven't got a clue what they meant, as I never noticed the accent, despite it being horribly obvious and (now they pointed it out) obnoxious.

So... that makes your accent Broke or Stummy? :tongue:

Broke or Stummy :rofl: nice one.

I'm going to hang around with people with nice accents loads and hopefully I'll start speaking in a more easy on the ears sort of way.
Reply 692
Original post by Zottula

I'm going to hang around with people with nice accents loads and hopefully I'll start speaking in a more easy on the ears sort of way.

The people with the 'nice' accents that are horribly posh are normally avoided by everyone. Very few Imperial students seem to be from private schools, or upper-class backgrounds (maybe they've just gone into hiding).

To be fair, I can't really think of anyone in my year who has a bad accent. A couple of annoying and sometimes misleading accents, but not actually bad. A lot of american accents around here are actually from people who've learnt English as their second language. The tapes that they listened to in primary/secondary school were American, so that's the accent they picked up.

FYI (if anyone cares): Currently in the chemistry computer room :ahee:
Reply 693
Original post by Cyco
The people with the 'nice' accents that are horribly posh are normally avoided by everyone. Very few Imperial students seem to be from private schools, or upper-class backgrounds (maybe they've just gone into hiding).

To be fair, I can't really think of anyone in my year who has a bad accent. A couple of annoying and sometimes misleading accents, but not actually bad. A lot of american accents around here are actually from people who've learnt English as their second language. The tapes that they listened to in primary/secondary school were American, so that's the accent they picked up.

FYI (if anyone cares): Currently in the chemistry computer room :ahee:

I was joking :wink: but yeah. Most people will have a nicer accent than mine anyway.
Reply 694
Offer for Computer Science :smile:, but a very hard one though.

Abitur: average 1,2
Math: 14
Physics: 14
Original post by Giant42

:five: Well done! Are you firming? Let me know if you are, I'll add you to the firmers list :wink:
Reply 696
Original post by Giant42

I have no idea what those grades mean, but well done :smile:
Reply 697
:five: Well done! Are you firming? Let me know if you are, I'll add you to the firmers list :wink:

I'll swear I've seen that exact message before... Are you copy-pasting? :colone:
Original post by roblee
I'll swear I've seen that exact message before... Are you copy-pasting? :colone:

I just repeat what I've said before because I know how to sell the firmers thread. :wink:
I'm Supergirl.

Spoiler

Reply 699
I just repeat what I've said before because I know how to sell the firmers thread. :wink:
I'm Supergirl.

Spoiler

I have not heard that one before. Anyway I guess Eminem>Hannah Montana :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending