The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by georgie91
To be honest I can't see that that is true, because most medicine applicants are probably likely to be very similar to each other in terms of academic ability. I think possibly people on TSR are more involved with the whole process as they are constantly checking up on other peoples offers etc but not that we are smarter lol.....although it would be nice to think so!!!

Yea I agree, I think the people on here are just more involved.
Reply 1181
Original post by teafil
yeah... in the meantime people keep receiving offers (just saw another conditional offer on the stalking page). Do you think there will actually be any offers left by the end of march, if people keep receiving offers? :confused:

I think only one or two people get offers from each of the interview dates, and considering over half get offers ... I think there will be many more offers :smile:
I think so too ... We'll just have almost another month to wait and see how many :smile: Hopefully, enough for all of us :smile:
Reply 1183
Original post by dariadaphne
I think so too ... We'll just have almost another month to wait and see how many :smile: Hopefully, enough for all of us :smile:

How did your interview go?
Reply 1184
Anyone on here have an interview today? I know a girl from my school that did, though I've not had a chance to speak to her yet
Reply 1185
Original post by KCosmo
Anyone on here have an interview today? I know a girl from my school that did, though I've not had a chance to speak to her yet

Do you happen to know what ukcat score she got?
Reply 1186
Original post by teafil

I always laugh when I see your posts because every single one seems to ask about peoples UKCAT score. Have you been interviewed?
Reply 1187
Original post by ryan118244
I always laugh when I see your posts because every single one seems to ask about peoples UKCAT score. Have you been interviewed?

heheheh sorry. I'm very stressed about my ukcat score (especially when I see all those people with scores that go like 770+ ...). Yeah i had an interview on the 9th of feb... we actually talked about it (me complaining about my interview being average and all that...) :biggrin:
Reply 1188
Original post by teafil

About 650 I think. I wouldn't put too much weight on the UKCAT scores though, I got an interview with 580! :tongue:
Original post by teafil
How did your interview go?

Well, I think it went pretty good :smile: It can always go better, but I am pleased :smile: I made them laugh a few times and I really felt good during the interview ... Hope they did too :smile: They were really friendly and smiling, so it wasn't scary or anything :smile: I guess we'll talk more about it here when all the interviews are over, and we can say aloud more :biggrin:
Reply 1190
Original post by teafil
heheheh sorry. I'm very stressed about my ukcat score (especially when I see all those people with scores that go like 770+ ...). Yeah i had an interview on the 9th of feb... we actually talked about it (me complaining about my interview being average and all that...) :biggrin:

Yea I thought I talked to you, but wasn't sure when I saw you asking others about there UKCAT.
I don't know why you worrying because the UKCAT is only worth 15% of your overall score and considering you got one of the earlier interviews you have a higher than average UKCAT for St Andrews applicants who've received interviews.
Yea I thought I talked to you, but wasn't sure when I saw you asking others about there UKCAT.
I don't know why you worrying because the UKCAT is only worth 15% of your overall score and considering you got one of the earlier interviews you have a higher than average UKCAT for St Andrews applicants who've received interviews.

Are the interview dates given out according to UKCAT score then?
Reply 1192
Are the interview dates given out according to UKCAT score then?

Pretty much, that seems to be the trend. Though there will be people who don't fit the pattern probs because they had amazing academics in other areas.
Pretty much, that seems to be the trend. Though there will be people who don't fit the pattern probs because they had amazing academics in other areas.

oh ok i didn't know that! do you know what accommodation you are going to apply for if u get an offer? or is st andrews not ur first choice?

Wouldn't be too sure on that bud, my UKCAT was 627.5, then my academics are probably one of the lowest applying. 4As 3Bs and 3Cs at GCSE, BCC at A level and a 2:1 in Biomedical Sciences (with 67% overall), so personally I don't think they base the interview order on academics and/or UKCAT score, although there does seem to be a trend in that order, but as I say, look at my credentials, surely can't be in that order.
Reply 1195
Original post by Carter BSc
Wouldn't be too sure on that bud, my UKCAT was 627.5, then my academics are probably one of the lowest applying. 4As 3Bs and 3Cs at GCSE, BCC at A level and a 2:1 in Biomedical Sciences (with 67% overall), so personally I don't think they base the interview order on academics and/or UKCAT score, although there does seem to be a trend in that order, but as I say, look at my credentials, surely can't be in that order.

maybe yours fits differently because you're a graduate? All we can do is speculate, we'll probably never know how medical admissions truly work. I wish after the process they gave you a step by step guide of what they did, and how they made decisions on interviews, on what order they were given out, on decisions, unconditionals/conditionals etc.
Reply 1196
oh ok i didn't know that! do you know what accommodation you are going to apply for if u get an offer? or is st andrews not ur first choice?

Humm I really don't know about accommodation ... I like the old accommodation like sallies but I'm not a fan of sharing a room or being catered haha so I guess I would go self catered eg David Russell. How about you?
And yea St Andys is deffinitely my top choice and who about you?

Original post by KCosmo
maybe yours fits differently because you're a graduate? All we can do is speculate, we'll probably never know how medical admissions truly work. I wish after the process they gave you a step by step guide of what they did, and how they made decisions on interviews, on what order they were given out, on decisions, unconditionals/conditionals etc.

That's what I was going to say, I think it's because your a grad. But who knows ... medical schools are so random haha
Original post by KCosmo

Humm I really don't know about accommodation ... I like the old accommodation like sallies but I'm not a fan of sharing a room or being catered haha so I guess I would go self catered eg David Russell. How about you?

That's what I was going to say, I think it's because your a grad. But who knows ... medical schools are so random haha

Yeah, the both of you may well be right about that. Yeah I think everybody would love a bit more clarity and the steps that are undertaken, etc., but however hard it is we're all just gonna have to wait, whether patiently or not. Come to think of it only (???!!!) four weeks until we would all hear from today.

I'm also thinking David Russell for the same reasons as you haha! I wish I had actually gone to see the accommodation though, then I'd be able to choose easier! And yep St Andrews is my first choice, but also my last one left to hear from so I have everything crossed for getting in here otherwise its another year out for me :frown:
Reply 1199
Yeah, the both of you may well be right about that. Yeah I think everybody would love a bit more clarity and the steps that are undertaken, etc., but however hard it is we're all just gonna have to wait, whether patiently or not. Come to think of it only (???!!!) four weeks until we would all hear from today.

I know, not long to wait :/

I'm also thinking David Russell for the same reasons as you haha! I wish I had actually gone to see the accommodation though, then I'd be able to choose easier! And yep St Andrews is my first choice, but also my last one left to hear from so I have everything crossed for getting in here otherwise its another year out for me :frown:

Oh I bet your rather worried right about now then :/ well u hope you get in then, and I hope I get in as well haa :smile:

I saw new hall accommodation which I was impressed by, but my only worry with catered accommodation is that it may not be as easy to make friends :/ another reason for self catered haha, though I think David Russell is really far away from the med school!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending