The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
Original post by sammydolce
I sent my app in November, sent a fees questionnaire and documentation about a month later, was told for fees I'm a home student last month, but still haven't received an offer/rejection.

"Thank you for sending in your information to the University of Warwick.
I am pleased to advise you that the University will consider you as a home student for fees purposes and hope that this information will be helpful in your planning."

doesn't mean anything other than if I get an offer I'll be a home student right? :confused:

They did the same thing to me, yeah u'll be home student.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1921
I've got an open day for German tomorrow, really nervous for some reason! :frown:
Original post by stripey sofa
:mad:A*AA for PPE Warwick???? When did they up their game to A*, I've been rejected as I have AAA, but when I applied thought that was their criteria :frown:

Hey..:smile:

I think they made some changes to there website in october.When i applied the req. for my course were BBB but they raised it to AAB/ABB!!!Good luck with other universities! :biggrin:
Reply 1923
Original post by Woolf's muse
After I told someone I was probably on some reserve list I open up my email and know it's going to be a rejection. So I go on track and lo and behold, rejection for literature. :zomg::frown:

Snap. Kinda bummed. Where else have you applied/where d'you think you'll firm now?
Reply 1924
Original post by Vekeh
Snap. Kinda bummed. Where else have you applied/where d'you think you'll firm now?

UEA Q300 Offer
Kent Q300 Offer

EssexQ300 Offer

Warwick Q300 Unsuccessful

Durham Q300 Unsuccessful

I'll probably firm East Anglia and use Kent as my insurance, not really keen on going though.
:redface:
Took a sneak peek at your UCAS thing, just wondering did you take a gap year to have all those unconditionals?
Reply 1925
Original post by xsexygyalx
congrats !
do you mind telling me your gcses, AS's and predictions? :smile:

GCSE's were okay, although not as good as many applicants- 3A* 6A 2B
A2 Predicitions- AAA+ pass Welsh Bacc

I'm sure you'll get an offer soon! :smile:
Reply 1926
anyone heard back from Warwick for Politics? Been waiting since Early Sept >:angry:
Original post by paulmch
I've got an open day for German tomorrow, really nervous for some reason! :frown:

Because you're a probable queer.
Reply 1928
Original post by Woolf's muse
UEA Q300 Offer
Kent Q300 Offer

EssexQ300 Offer

Warwick Q300 Unsuccessful

Durham Q300 Unsuccessful

I'll probably firm East Anglia and use Kent as my insurance, not really keen on going though.
:redface:
Took a sneak peek at your UCAS thing, just wondering did you take a gap year to have all those unconditionals?

No, I'm just really amazing :awesome:

But seriously, yeah. I firmed a uni last year that I didn't particularly want to go to 'cause I figured they'd be most leniant when I inevitably failed my A2s... rather stupid, I know.

I nearly applied to UEA myself so I'm kinda jealous actually :redface:
Reply 1929
Offer for Masters of Chemistry... get in :biggrin:
Think I'm gonna take it as my firm... saaawwwweeeet!
What's the best accom.?
Reply 1930
Original post by Great Lord Xenu
Because you're a probable queer.

You should know, didn't Bunny advise us to put you on the probable part-time queer list?
Original post by paulmch
You should know, didn't Bunny advise us to put you on the probable part-time queer list?

How was your open day?

Also, Miss Stringer has rescheduled the mufti day to Friday.

Or has she?
Reply 1932
Original post by Great Lord Xenu
How was your open day?

Also, Miss Stringer has rescheduled the mufti day to Friday.

Or has she?

Brilliant, I'm definitely firming and insurancing it - saves a trip to York at least. And I've already heard, but nice try at deceiving me.

And get bloody Facebook, it's so much easier to chat on there!
Reply 1933
Original post by paulmch
Brilliant, I'm definitely firming and insurancing it - saves a trip to York at least. And I've already heard, but nice try at deceiving me.

And get bloody Facebook, it's so much easier to chat on there!

?

You do realise that if you miss your offer, neither your firm or your insurance is likely to take you. You may as well just have a firm and be done with it.
Reply 1934
Original post by sango
?

You do realise that if you miss your offer, neither your firm or your insurance is likely to take you. You may as well just have a firm and be done with it.

Oh, I was only doing that on the understanding that I had to have an insurance, I'll just do the one in that case. :smile:
Reply 1935
Original post by paulmch
Oh, I was only doing that on the understanding that I had to have an insurance, I'll just do the one in that case. :smile:

You should have an insurance (just in case they're more leniant if you do miss your offer), but don't make both your firm and ins. be Warwick, as it'll be the same department dealing with your application.
Original post by sango
?

He has offers for two different subjects.
Got an AAB offer for English and German, and having visited today I'm pretty sure I'll firm it :smile:
Reply 1938
I'm so jealous of all you people who are able to firm Warwick. God, I want an offer too so that I can firm them.
Reply 1939
Original post by Vekeh
No, I'm just really amazing :awesome:

But seriously, yeah. I firmed a uni last year that I didn't particularly want to go to 'cause I figured they'd be most leniant when I inevitably failed my A2s... rather stupid, I know.

I nearly applied to UEA myself so I'm kinda jealous actually :redface:

Oh so you spent another year retaking, how was that?

Quick Reply

Latest