The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

There's nothing wrong with windows media player :biggrin:
Original post by silent ninja

Original post by silent ninja
So i havent followed this thread that closely, what do y'all make of Google's upcoming rival to iTunes? Is it gonna be another half realised attempt?

I think Google should concentrate on fewer products and get rid of that 'beta' image they have associated with them. Their UI is generally ugly (even Gmail and Youtube which are extremely popular!!). Sort your act out. They have their fingers in too many pies imo.

Eh, sauce?

Original post by G8D
Source of the music thing?

It's real. It's for purchasing music (I think) but the best feature is allowing you access via internet to your iTunes library from within the music app on the phone :biggrin:

Ooh that's neat. Was that the thing they announced at I/O last year or something newer?
Original post by yoyo462001
If it is called Jello I will refuse the update, to make this easier I will just buy a Sony Ecrisson phone so the decision is out of my hands.

That hurt!! Ive got a X10!
Original post by wizard710
Eh, sauce?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/feb/16/google-music-itunes-competitor-android

It should be happening this time. iTunes is slow as hell but it's generally easy to use. Google need this.
(edited 13 years ago)
Blackdroid??

Original post by G8D
Down for me.

There is better.
Reply 4087
Original post by G8D
What?

Yeah what indeed...I wouldn't mind knowing too! :biggrin:

Also on a different note, is anyone thinking of getting the Xoom when it comes out here? £450 for the Wifi version...I'm tempted but I'm hoping they launch that version in America before March is over so I can get it from over there :p:
Only buy it at around 350, hopefully demand is weak so price falls. I really don't want to be on contract.
I'm also thinking about the Xoom... Hmmm... Is it justifiable, that is the question.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12633923

Anyone affected by this yet? I'm quite wary of downloading apps now.
I really wish Motorola would sort out the Xoom, it was quite obviously rushed out. Hopefully there will be an update by summer fixing the bugs, oh and flash.
Apparently BBM for IOS and Android, I'd lie if I said I wasn't interested. Seems RIM is seeing that the drop in revenue as BB purchases slow down.

Link-ification.
Couldn't care less. I've got no friends who own BBs. Plus, there are so many other cross platform services, esp if BBs get Android apps.
Eveyrone I know has a BB so I would gladly pay one off for bbm. definitely wouldnt go for a subscription though.

thanks for that :smile: Really reassuring seeing I don't download those apps haha. :smile:
I don't care about BBM, I have unlimited texts anyway...
Reply 4097
Original post by yoyo462001
I really wish Motorola would sort out the Xoom, it was quite obviously rushed out. Hopefully there will be an update by summer fixing the bugs, oh and flash.

And the Micro SD slot too...it was rushed, no questions about that.

Original post by greeneyedgirl
I don't care about BBM, I have unlimited texts anyway...

Unlimited texts ? BBM (well it sorted does but you know...it's only for Blackberries) :p: I've got a lot friends who use BBM so I might be tempted into getting it...they're too cheap to get WhatsApp :colonhash:
Original post by bigmo7
Unlimited texts ? BBM (well it sorted does but you know...it's only for Blackberries) :p: I've got a lot friends who use BBM so I might be tempted into getting it...they're too cheap to get WhatsApp :colonhash:

Yeah but all my friends on crackberries have unlimited texts too... ergo no point...
Reply 4099
Original post by g8d
i think it's actually £500. Pcworld got it wrong.

Also considering it.

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Latest

Trending

Trending