The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Seentje
:smile:

If they had a (steam like) counter of how many times a day you click on track, mine would probably overload :tongue:

I just called x admissions office, and this lady remembers me after stating only my first name... I wonder if that's good or bad...

Thats funny! Did she give you any insight?

I'm soooo resisting the urge to keep checking track and ringing admissions!

Come on QMUL . . . . :please:

:goodluck:
Reply 2201
Well Newcastle University have acknowledged my application.
Original post by Wailinza
Thats funny! Did she give you any insight?

I'm soooo resisting the urge to keep checking track and ringing admissions!

Come on QMUL . . . . :please:

:goodluck:

Nah, I just wanted to make sure that she had got my email, since she said I should send it before the 4th. Not taking chances :colone:
Bath please just give me an offer, hate waiting!
Reply 2204
Original post by Mark12345680
Bath please just give me an offer, hate waiting!

Saaaaaaaaaaame :-( What are you applying for?
Come on Warwick!! I want an offer so badly! Waiting is making me so nervous. :'''(
Original post by Arielle
Saaaaaaaaaaame :-( What are you applying for?

I am applying for accounting and finance.
1 of my friends got an offer of AAA already.:frown:
What are you applying for?
Reply 2207
I guess the wait is finally over - I've got an email from UCL telling me they are recommending me for an offer. So I will put down UCL as a firm and York as an insurance. If both of them fail in June (when Czech students receive their results), then I have University College Utrecht and possibly Roosevelt Academy in Middelburg, the Netherlands as a backup (got an unconditional from the former already).
Just got rejection email from ucas for Exeter =/ only good thing is that this whole waiting game's nearly over, so hurry up UCL its been 5 months alreadyyy!!
Having said that also a bit pissed at Exeter for also waiting near enough 5mths to say no, could've put me out of ma misery earlier =(
Reply 2209
Original post by Mark12345680
I am applying for accounting and finance.
1 of my friends got an offer of AAA already.:frown:
What are you applying for?

I'm applying for Sociology. I've only heard of one person getting an offer for it, but I'm still really worried! I hate the wait, it's driving me crazy.
Reply 2210
Original post by FCB
Anyone heard from UCL Natural Science Department?
I had the automated email from them like a week after applying back in November, but I still haven't heard anything from them, and i've had replies from all other uni's.

Have you heard anything yet? I'm still waiting as well :/
Reply 2211
I applied late, last Tuesday/Wednesday infact and i'm already on ucas every hour tracking it.

Got my first offer today, unconditional as I already have the grades but it was for my wildcard option which is motorsport engineering at Huddersfield, dont think it'll be the one I accept but its good to know offers are still to be had when applying late :smile:
Reply 2212
Original post by mir3a
Contact them ASAP :smile: It is probably something good :wink:

heh, I really hope so! Contacted them but no answer for almost a week, I guess they're just very busy.
I STILL haven't heard from LSE :frown: I guess people weren't exaggerating when they said that LSE were ridiculously slow at replying :frown:
So glad I found this thread- glad I'm not the only one sitting her shaking away! Driving lesson is going to go well..
Surely there is a better way than this?! It takes ages and I keep freaking out every time my phone goes off!
x
Original post by skyja
heh, I really hope so! Contacted them but no answer for almost a week, I guess they're just very busy.

i just rang them too! they said bear with them for another 2 weeks and by then it should be done.....still, that will have been four months!
Reply 2216
Original post by beaubelle
i just rang them too! they said bear with them for another 2 weeks and by then it should be done.....still, that will have been four months!

Thank yooooou for letting me know! :cute: Been thinking about calling them too but I only have a mobile phone and I know from experience that I would need a lot of credit to actually be sure that it wouldn't cut off in the middle of everything (calling from Iceland).
2 weeks is not too much at least (:
well I went for an interview at the only university who didn't reject me totally and i'm now waiting for a telephone call. Letter said that they would contact us by phone the next day. I feel that it went well but I don't want to get my hopes up too much as I don't want to be too depressed if it doesn't work out! Really want to go, really liked the campus, staff were friendly, course hours will fit around family life etc
Reply 2218
Can't believe I'm still waiting - 1 unconditional offer so far and no news from the other 4 - all London colleges - this waiting is really driving me crazy - how can I plan anything without news ............ Applied in January
Reply 2219
Do you reckon they might have been waiting for the January exams results to come through before they accepted more people? And do the unis get notified if you've moved up a grade in re-takes? I needed ABB for the one I'm waiting for and applied with A*CC, but today moved one of my C's up to an A so I have A*AC. Should I email the university and notify them of this or will they know? (Because surely this would increase my chance of getting in...)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending