Reply 4300
I got my rejection for PPE last Monday.
Good luck to everybody else.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 4301
got rejected for combined social sciences today, sad times but slightly relieved as it makes my choice a lot easier!! UCAS Track says 'Regrettably, we have not been able to make you an offer, and will be contacting you shortly to
provide further information regarding our decision.'

do you think they actually will contact me and give me a reason or would i have to email? just curious to know why...!
Original post by louise09
got rejected for combined social sciences today, sad times but slightly relieved as it makes my choice a lot easier!! UCAS Track says 'Regrettably, we have not been able to make you an offer, and will be contacting you shortly to
provide further information regarding our decision.'

do you think they actually will contact me and give me a reason or would i have to email? just curious to know why...!

yep,they do contact with an email, but it just says

we regret we could not make you an an offer........every year we have many excelent applicants.....blah blah blah if you want more infomation please view our pages for declined applications wich has a few reason why you might have been rejected and says you can contact them for more detail if you like.

had the identical email twice in the past 2 yrs and it seems likley i will be getting it a 3rd time

thats pretty much the email in a nut shell. so yep best to contact them if you want the real reason.
Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 4303
I applied for Anthropology (L602) with Trevs as my college, and according to the AES system the admission department received my application on the 9th of November yet i still haven't heard anything back.

I called the Anthropology department earlier this week and a very nice lady on the phone told me the reason I hadn't heard was because my application was still with the admission department, but that the University hadn't told them the quotas so they couldn't give out offers- yet clearly they have been doing so looking at this thread!

Any ideas?

I've got an offer for Biological Anthropology at the Stockton campus (which came through months ago) and am predicted A*A*AA, not really sure where i stand...
Original post by barwe
I applied for Anthropology (L602) with Trevs as my college, and according to the AES system the admission department received my application on the 9th of November yet i still haven't heard anything back.

I called the Anthropology department earlier this week and a very nice lady on the phone told me the reason I hadn't heard was because my application was still with the admission department, but that the University hadn't told them the quotas so they couldn't give out offers- yet clearly they have been doing so looking at this thread!

Any ideas?

I've got an offer for Biological Anthropology at the Stockton campus (which came through months ago) and am predicted A*A*AA, not really sure where i stand...

Im in exactly the same boat but with anthopology and sociology. lots of people say the anthropology department takes ages and ages to decide and looking at the thread it looks like the offers and rejections are coming out in batchs according to subject so I think there is still hope :smile:. I don't think we should be waiting to much longer ( I hope). wit the qoutas maybe they don't know the full quota yet so they just gave out a few and now are waiting to see how many more they can give.

Good luck! Hope that helps :smile:
Also got a rejection from Combined Social Science today. Kinda down because I know I was above the entry requirements, must not have liked my PS? ):
Reply 4306
Submitted my UCAS Extra app for Natural Sciences yesterday! And now the waiting begins...
Reply 4307
And I went for Univ college yaaay
Offer for history! :biggrin: Its got conditional on UCAS but I haven't been allocated a college yet...
Original post by history geek
Im in exactly the same boat but with anthopology and sociology. lots of people say the anthropology department takes ages and ages to decide and looking at the thread it looks like the offers and rejections are coming out in batchs according to subject so I think there is still hope :smile:. I don't think we should be waiting to much longer ( I hope). wit the qoutas maybe they don't know the full quota yet so they just gave out a few and now are waiting to see how many more they can give.

Good luck! Hope that helps :smile:

I think so. I got a rejection for Anhropology two days ago, but Durham has referred me to Biological Anthropology at Stockton, asking if I would consider the option. Guess I do not completely suck then :tongue:
Reply 4310
Is it necessary to pre-order train tickets in the UK if I need to go from Newcastle Airport to Durham and back, or should it not be a problem to buy tickets when there (and do they sell tickets on the train, or on the station only)?
Reply 4311
why are the taking ages please reply to me physics applicant.
Original post by Seentje
I think so. I got a rejection for Anhropology two days ago, but Durham has referred me to Biological Anthropology at Stockton, asking if I would consider the option. Guess I do not completely suck then :tongue:

congratulations on the referal!

do you think you will go for that course then?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by history geek
congratulations on the referal!

do you think you will go for that course then?

Well, I haven't got it yet, they can still reject me. I don't know honestly, based on the course, I think I am going to go for the Arch and Anth one at Manchester, since my heart's in socio-cultural anthropology. However if I do get an offer it will be a tough choice. I really like Durham's atmosphere, at both Durham city and Stockton. Manchester is more of a factory to me. I still have time though, fingers crossed:crossedf:
Original post by Jørgen
Is it necessary to pre-order train tickets in the UK if I need to go from Newcastle Airport to Durham and back, or should it not be a problem to buy tickets when there (and do they sell tickets on the train, or on the station only)?

No, you don't need to buy the tickets in advance.

You'll need to get a Metro (Newcastle's underground rail system) from the airport to Newcastle Central Station, the journey will take about 25 minutes, you must get your ticket from a machine before getting on the Metro. (It will cost about £3 single, or you can get a day return, cost varies depending on time of travel)

Then, when you get to Central Station you change from the Metro system, up some stairs to the proper railway station, where you have to get your ticket before you get on the train. There is a big ticket office, or you can use a machine. The electronic departures board will tell you which platform to go to. The journey from Newcastle to Durham takes about 15 minutes. (Costs about £5/£6 depending on what time you go, for a single ticket.)

There. I should get a job at British Rail. If it still existed. :smile:
Reply 4315
Original post by HulaTallulah
No, you don't need to buy the tickets in advance.

You'll need to get a Metro (Newcastle's underground rail system) from the airport to Newcastle Central Station, the journey will take about 25 minutes, you must get your ticket from a machine before getting on the Metro. (It will cost about £3 single, or you can get a day return, cost varies depending on time of travel)

Then, when you get to Central Station you change from the Metro system, up some stairs to the proper railway station, where you have to get your ticket before you get on the train. There is a big ticket office, or you can use a machine. The electronic departures board will tell you which platform to go to. The journey from Newcastle to Durham takes about 15 minutes. (Costs about £5/£6 depending on what time you go, for a single ticket.)

There. I should get a job at British Rail. If it still existed. :smile:

Thanks! :smile:

Yes, you should!
Reply 4316
Any other offers for Politics and/or at Josephine Butler?
Has anyone who's applied to Archaeology been assigned a college yet? been over a week now and still no answer :frown:
Reply 4318
got a natural sciences offer today!! soo happy haha. just to wait for college now! XD
Reply 4319
Original post by Jørgen
Haha! I guess I'll maybe see you some time then. (and I also figured asking before checking the wiki article is a bad habit. It definitely raised my impression - I guess I just didn't like the sound of the name at first :tongue: )

Does that mean that they take more people from private schools? (probably uncited wiki rumours, but that's all I have to go on for now :tongue: )

Thanks.

Edit:
PS: Just noticed Hild Bede doesn't run gowned formals (oh noes! :tongue:), so I'd like to know how much black tie costs in the UK (Wikipedia didn't tell me ;p)?
Thanks!

Original post by angelmxxx
It's not posh! Sssh ssh. It's amazing, 16 acres, beautiful buildings, loads and loads of sports team (all levels), societies, etc.

Oh, apparently, it's not posh :P Sorry :smile:

To be honest, I know as little as you :smile: Are you going to the open day in a couple of weeks? I'm quite excited about it, it's like a sleepover! :P
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest