The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1460
people who are firming bristol, pm me? i kinda wanna get to know some people before uni starts :biggrin:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by writerwho~
Any English-ers still waiting? And by waiting, I mean dying inside. :smile:

*raises hand*
Original post by Revolution is my Name
So, is anybody else applying here?
I'll be applying for Chemistry with industrial experience :smile:

I applied for Chemistry with study in continental Europe at Bristol and got an offer for AAB which hopefully I'll get! I've put Bristol as my Firm choice, I loved it. :biggrin: We could be on the same course!
Reply 1463
Standard rejection email is a little brutal compared to other universities. It's hard to believe Oxford's letter was much more pleasant than Bristol's.
Original post by Revolution is my Name
So, is anybody else applying here?
I'll be applying for Chemistry with industrial experience :smile:

I've applied for Chemistry with study year in continental europe. Got an offer for AAB which I think I can get and I put it as my Firm choice. Fingers crossed! We could even be on the same course!
Reply 1465
Original post by Krydel
Standard rejection email is a little brutal compared to other universities. It's hard to believe Oxford's letter was much more pleasant than Bristol's.

sorry to hear that ):

but you're right, the oxford rejection was really really really nice. :']
Original post by GabsyWabsyWoo

Original post by GabsyWabsyWoo
Woooop :smile: Physics Offer :biggrin: Feels like I got it by the skin of my teeth though :smile:
Bristol is a firmer for me. :smile:

Don't be so hard on yourself. You must have deserved it. Congratulations!
Original post by gabrielle_w

Original post by gabrielle_w
im still waiting too!! it makes me feel better im not the only one :smile:

BSc, BA or MSci? I'm an MSci but I'm kind of regretting it because I think the offer (if I ever got one) might be really high.
Original post by elkestocks

Original post by elkestocks
If you don't want to go anymore then withdraw your application so someone else who wants to go can have your place? :s-smilie:

I don't think it makes any difference. They have a computer program that tells them how many offers they can make given that a certain percentage won't accept/won't meet the offer.
Original post by nikita_atikin

But but... How could you not want Bristol? :confused: It's insanely awesome!! :frown:

There are places that are at least as good, especially if their admissions process is anything to go by.

And why is it only your insurance if it's so great???
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Hunter_S_Thompson
really? If you really got how philosophical study works then I doubt you'd be so cocksure about it mate, to be honest, the more you learn the less you understand.
Maybe you've done the A-Level, and you've read the wikipedia page for Twilight of the Idols. You've heard the name Soren Kierkegaard but you're not entirely sure, and you can articulate about half of what Sartre has to say.
I know your kind so well. I'm sure you're great at regurgitating what other people say, absolutely perfect at it, but what was the last original idea you really had and haven't stolen?

nah mate, I've never heard of Twilight of the Idols; Kierkegaard and Sartre dont really interest me (Im more into analytic philosophy); and I haven't done the a-level. Have a look at yourself before you say i'm 'cock-sure'.

Was simply saying that I almost definitely have better grades and a better application in general than someone who didnt get in! The logic does follow really.
Firming it fo economics

Open day next wednesday!
Original post by Innately_Hedonistic

nah mate, I've never heard of Twilight of the Idols; Kierkegaard and Sartre dont really interest me (Im more into analytic philosophy); and I haven't done the a-level. Have a look at yourself before you say i'm 'cock-sure'.

Was simply saying that I almost definitely have better grades and a better application in general than someone who didnt get in! The logic does follow really.

Doesn't necessarily make you a nice person though.
Original post by KayteeKaytee
There are places that are at least as good, especially if their admissions process is anything to go by.

And why is it only your insurance if it's so great???

It was hard for me pick between Imperial and Bristol but I preferred the course at Imperial. :smile: If Bristol did Imperial's course structure then Bristol would be a definite firm. Still I may always end up in Bristol if my exams don't go okay.

sorry to intrude but..

"better grades"... no, not necessarily. There are typical requirements for a reason; providing you meet the entry requirements, the rest is pretty much dependent on your personal statement.
Now, yes you may well have had a stronger personal statement than someone who was rejected. Or, you may have had a statement that showed your interests were well suited to what Bristol offers. It does not follow that your application was 'almost definitely logically better'; it just means that you would enjoy/benefit from their course more than someone who showed greater interest in say philosophy of religion, as Bristol do not really focus on that.
So you should probably stop trying to make such claims about yourself and wipe the brown off your nose.
It was hard for me pick between Imperial and Bristol but I preferred the course at Imperial. :smile: If Bristol did Imperial's course structure then Bristol would be a definite firm. Still I may always end up in Bristol if my exams don't go okay.

Please fudge up your exams and come to Bristol with me :colondollar:
Original post by Supernovae
Please fudge up your exams and come to Bristol with me :colondollar:

I see you've picked Bristol then :nothing: Do you know what, I'm sure you'll do well wherever you go :smile: I know how hard the decision is between Imperial and Bristol so pick the one where your heart tells you to go. Bristol, you prefer then Bristol it is. :h:
As for me, I don't think I want to fudge my exams up but I'll give it a good go :wink:
I see you've picked Bristol then :nothing: Do you know what, I'm sure you'll do well wherever you go :smile: I know how hard the decision is between Imperial and Bristol so pick the one where your heart tells you to go. Bristol, you prefer then Bristol it is. :h:
As for me, I don't think I want to fudge my exams up but I'll give it a good go :wink:

N'aw thanks! It was a very hard decision, I just hope that it's the right one.

Give it your best shot :wink:
Original post by RHalkett1
sorry to intrude but..

"better grades"... no, not necessarily. There are typical requirements for a reason; providing you meet the entry requirements, the rest is pretty much dependent on your personal statement.
Now, yes you may well have had a stronger personal statement than someone who was rejected. Or, you may have had a statement that showed your interests were well suited to what Bristol offers. It does not follow that your application was 'almost definitely logically better'; it just means that you would enjoy/benefit from their course more than someone who showed greater interest in say philosophy of religion, as Bristol do not really focus on that.
So you should probably stop trying to make such claims about yourself and wipe the brown off your nose.

hahaha good joke, so once you pass the minimum requirements you think grades are irrelevant?

Obviously nonsense seeing as the only requirement is a C at maths GCSE.

Also, who exactly am i brown nosing? im surely doing the opposite?

Think before you speak.
Original post by Supernovae
N'aw thanks! It was a very hard decision, I just hope that it's the right one.

Give it your best shot :wink:

Are you gonna firm soonish? And what are you picking as your insurance if Bristol is your lowest offer? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending