The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissPrecious..x
YH iv seen alot of them but im predicted AAAB so i have no clue what may happen. Hopefully these oxbridge hopefuls reject warwick! more spaces lool x

I've since been rejected :colondollar:
Reply 2001
Conditional for Maths and Economics from Nottingham
A in Further Maths
Original post by Glen_Nichols
I've since been rejected :colondollar:

OOOOO NOOOOOO!!!! :frown:
When did you get the rejection
what where your GCSEs,AS nd predicted grades?
Any offers ? x
Reply 2003
So in total your offer was A*AAA?

No, sorry I was being a bit unclear, it was AAA but is essentially AA because I already have the grade in maths.
Original post by Booshak
No, sorry I was being a bit unclear, it was AAA but is essentially AA because I already have the grade in maths.

Going to the open day on the 9th? x
Reply 2005
Going to the open day on the 9th? x

Yes! Are you? Bringing parents?
Original post by Booshak
Yes! Are you? Bringing parents?

Yeah :smile: Just my mum, the letter said you can't take both ...
Original post by Psyched!!
GCSE 9 A*, A
A levels A in Maths, Physics, Economics and Spanish, B in GS
Predicted 3 A*, A (in Econ) (dropped BS)

I have withdrawn from Bristol as the total lack of response indicates to me that they don't think I am suited to their course or they aren't sure or :confused:

Hope your offers come through soon!

well im pretty similar:

(9A*, 3 A)
AAAA at As in maths econ computing chem
predicted A*A*A*a

but haven't heard anything so i'm kinda worried :s-smilie:

thanks!
Original post by vixonomics
well im pretty similar:

(9A*, 3 A)
AAAA at As in maths econ computing chem
predicted A*A*A*a

but haven't heard anything so i'm kinda worried :s-smilie:

thanks!

Don't be worried, you're in :smile:

Other choices/decisions?
Reply 2009
I have yet to hear from Bristol l101, LSE L101 and i applied to UCL l100 and l101. Getting kind of worried. I have an offer from Newcastle for AAB. My predicted grades are A*a* a in math, economics and history respectively. Do you reckon I should email the universitys and ask when I will hear?
GCSES 8A* and A.
A in spanish AS.
XX
Reply 2010
Offer from LSE L101! aaaah yess!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by tbue

Congratz buddy :smile:
Original post by tbue

well done mate! what were your GCSEs and A-level predictions like?
LSE offer L101 AAA
Reply 2014
Congratz buddy :smile:

Thank youu! :smile:

Original post by bittersweet
well done mate! what were your GCSEs and A-level predictions like?

Thanks! I was so surprised after being rejected by ucl and nottingham, but I don't care now haha!

And erm, gcses: 7a*'s and 4a's

AS: 5a's (dropped latin)

A2 predictions:
Maths A*
Further maths A*
History A*
Economics A
Original post by tbue
Thank youu! :smile:

Thanks! I was so surprised after being rejected by ucl and nottingham, but I don't care now haha!

And erm, gcses: 7a*'s and 4a's

AS: 5a's (dropped latin)

A2 predictions:
Maths A*
Further maths A*
History A*
Economics A

I think it's insane you were rejected anywhere. Why do you think you were rejected?
Reply 2016
I think it's insane you were rejected anywhere. Why do you think you were rejected?

Yeah, I felt like such a failure until today! Both notts and ucl said it was on the basis of my gcse's, but maybe my personal statement needed to be stronger because they gave offers to people with lower academics than me, who knows what they are looking for! What did notts say to you?!
Original post by tbue
Yeah, I felt like such a failure until today! Both notts and ucl said it was on the basis of my gcse's, but maybe my personal statement needed to be stronger because they gave offers to people with lower academics than me, who knows what they are looking for! What did notts say to you?!

I haven't actually bothered to ask any uni's about my rejections, figured I'd get the standard automated response. Plus I was a little depressed :frown:

Who are you waiting on?
Reply 2018
I haven't actually bothered to ask any uni's about my rejections, figured I'd get the standard automated response. Plus I was a little depressed :frown:

Who are you waiting on?

Lol, ucl was an automated one but notts seem to at least try to individualise it! But I see you're going to Bristol which I know a lot of people love so it's all good! Although with your predictions, any rejections are pretty harsh, obv wasn't meant to be!
and LSE was the last one, had other offers from bham and queen marys, probs put bham as my insurance now.
Original post by Simon_Sbk
That would be a major coincidence if we bot ended up there lol. But yeh im gona end up either in Manchester or Southampton, combined with David's refrence and shouldn't be a difficult transition lol!

sorry to be nosy but how are you finding the decision between manchester and southampton?

Latest

Trending

Trending