The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Captain Crash
:eek:

I something I should be compiling now, as a final year medical student?

Yes. And as I have said previously, get a copy of your BA transcript.
Was just reading the news randomly and it looks like one of the medical students at BSMS has been arrested and charged with murder :s-smilie:

I don't know why this shocks me so much but is has :s-smilie:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23927225-two-charged-over-body-found-in-blazing-car.do
Been invited to interview at Barts!!! :woo:
Reply 1683
Original post by randdom

Original post by randdom
Was just reading the news randomly and it looks like one of the medical students at BSMS has been arrested and charged with murder :s-smilie:

I don't know why this shocks me so much but is has :s-smilie:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23927225-two-charged-over-body-found-in-blazing-car.do

That's crazy, and exceptionally worrying.

Original post by Becca-Sarah

Congratulations!
Curious about this article. I don't have access to it but if anyone else does, I'd appreciate it if you could send it me.
Should doctors be Darwinian?
Dawkins R.
Transactions of the Medical Society of London, 2002-2003, 119:15-30.
Original post by Kinkerz

Original post by Kinkerz
Curious about this article. I don't have access to it but if anyone else does, I'd appreciate it if you could send it me.
Dawkins R.

I can't even seem to find anywhere which holds the whole article :s-smilie:
Original post by Kinkerz
Dawkins R.

British Library appear to have it to purchase, but I can't find anything else :dontknow:
British Library appear to have it to purchase, but I can't find anything else :dontknow:

Original post by randdom
I can't even seem to find anywhere which holds the whole article :s-smilie:

Ah. Nevermind. Cheers anyway guys.
Reply 1688
Just a note on portfolios, would encourage all to keep upto date as you go and as trite and annoying as it is reflection is important for job interviews if nothing else.

Well done :smile: are you looking at only London medical schools?
I'm reading lecture notes whilst wearing glam rock fancy dress. I am cool.
Original post by JordanCarroll
Well done :smile: are you looking at only London medical schools?

Yeh :colondollar: Thought I might as well take the opportunity to live there as a student whilst its relatively cheap. Plus London has surgery robots, which I don't see Aberdeen getting in the next century...
Getting my tonsils out was one of the worst decisions I'v ever made...learn from my mistakes...
Yeh :colondollar: Thought I might as well take the opportunity to live there as a student whilst its relatively cheap. Plus London has surgery robots, which I don't see Aberdeen getting in the next century...

WOOP london is awesome.

As much as I love UCL you're probably better off elsewhere so in a way it's good they're not accepting external students. Apparently the pastoral care for external iBSc students is horrific. They don't hear about the medical school events and are very rarely included in things such as that so often end up having a **** time and our social life in reality is awesome. Like obviously if you make really good friends with the medics you're going to be invited by them, but it just makes life really difficult when they don't count you as part of the RUMS union.
Meh, writing personal statement. With clinics, I'd pretty much put this on the back burner, I think part of me just wanted to see whether I could squeeze my way amoothly into next year...clinics are good :smile:. However, deadline approaching and need to get stuff sorted. *******s.
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy
Getting my tonsils out was one of the worst decisions I'v ever made...learn from my mistakes...

Poorly piggy? :console: I'd happily have mine hacked out right now, throat like fecking sandpaper is not conduicive to last minute cramming :frown:
Original post by Jessaay!
WOOP london is awesome.

As much as I love UCL you're probably better off elsewhere so in a way it's good they're not accepting external students. Apparently the pastoral care for external iBSc students is horrific. They don't hear about the medical school events and are very rarely included in things such as that so often end up having a **** time and our social life in reality is awesome. Like obviously if you make really good friends with the medics you're going to be invited by them, but it just makes life really difficult when they don't count you as part of the RUMS union.

Alot of it is to give people in my year who are now in clinics a decent shot at getting a place...
Original post by Wangers
Alot of it is to give people in my year who are now in clinics a decent shot at getting a place...

I thought UCL was compulsory intercalation? So why is there any question of not getting a place?
I thought UCL was compulsory intercalation? So why is there any question of not getting a place?

Yes, you have to intercalate, question now is in what. The policy obviously opens up more places for internal students, current College policy is now to shove you into a iBsc if you don't get first or second choice. So its a question of make the best of it.
Original post by Wangers

Yeah I know, I wasn't saying that's the reason, was just saying it's probably not too bad for those who don't get to intercalate at UCL. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending