The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryan118244
I know, not long to wait :/

Oh I bet your rather worried right about now then :/ well u hope you get in then, and I hope I get in as well haa :smile:

I saw new hall accommodation which I was impressed by, but my only worry with catered accommodation is that it may not be as easy to make friends :/ another reason for self catered haha, though I think David Russell is really far away from the med school!

I thought new hall wasn't available for undergraduate entrants? i'm worried with catered accommodation that our schedules wouldn't always fit into them so we would constantly be cooking anyway.....i didn't realise david russell was far away, do you know how long it would take to walk from them to the medical school?
I am leaving to Edinburgh on Sunday, interview on Wednesday!!! :biggrin:
Original post by areyousure?
I am leaving to Edinburgh on Sunday, interview on Wednesday!!! :biggrin:

best of luck!!
I always laugh when I see your posts because every single one seems to ask about peoples UKCAT score. Have you been interviewed?

THIS lol very true I dont understand the obsession
Reply 1204
Original post by Anterior view
THIS lol very true I dont understand the obsession

:smile:) ok it's true i shall try to stop it :smile:) I'm just very frustrated by my ukcat score :biggrin:
Original post by teafil
:smile:) ok it's true i shall try to stop it :smile:) I'm just very frustrated by my ukcat score :biggrin:

what actually was your ukcat score? :tongue:
Reply 1206
Original post by atomos
what actually was your ukcat score? :tongue:

but my interview didn't go well... so i was kinda hoping my ukcat score will help me out a bit (...not :frown: )
Reply 1207
Original post by teafil

but my interview didn't go well... so i was kinda hoping my ukcat score will help me out a bit (...not :frown: )

I got 670 so you did better than me and half the people interviewed!!!!
Reply 1208
I got 670 so you did better than me and half the people interviewed!!!!

1. not true!
2. i can get a bit frustrated when it gets to my work :biggrin:
3. if i don't get an offer from st andrews, the prospect of staying at uni in Romania (after seeing scottish medical schools) is so sad that i could just end my life :biggrin:
4. you're a nice guy :smile: and i hope you get an offer!
Reply 1209
Original post by georgie91
I thought new hall wasn't available for undergraduate entrants? i'm worried with catered accommodation that our schedules wouldn't always fit into them so we would constantly be cooking anyway.....i didn't realise david russell was far away, do you know how long it would take to walk from them to the medical school?

No it is :smile:
Yeas, another reason for self catered, I have just been making some cakes and I have to say that's when I realised I couldn't stand being catered!

Well it takes like 10/15 mins to walk from town centre to the med school, and I have a feeling that David Russell apartments are on the other side of the town, so maybe 20/25 mins. Tbh nothing is far in St andrews haha
Reply 1210
Original post by teafil
1. not true!
2. i can get a bit frustrated when it gets to my work :biggrin:
3. if i don't get an offer from st andrews, the prospect of staying at uni in Romania (after seeing scottish medical schools) is so sad that i could just end my life :biggrin:
4. you're a nice guy :smile: and i hope you get an offer!

Haha kk
Thanks :smile: your v nice as well!! So let's hope we both get offers because clearly we are the best!!
Reply 1211
Haha kk
Thanks :smile: your v nice as well!! So let's hope we both get offers because clearly we are the best!!

Yep... The best!

I think the waiting is killing me! I have classes at 7;30 am (meaning i actually have to wake up at 6 and walk through snow to get there in time) and i waste my time checking TSR and my email at 11;15 pm :s-smilie: TSR is addictive by the way...
Reply 1212
Original post by teafil
Yep... The best!

I think the waiting is killing me! I have classes at 7;30 am (meaning i actually have to wake up at 6 and walk through snow to get there in time) and i waste my time checking TSR and my email at 11;15 pm :s-smilie: TSR is addictive by the way...

You have snow!!! That's sooo cool!! For some reason I imagine Romania to be really hot :/ how is it you get snow and we dont :frown:

My god that is earlier, if you come to England it will feel like heaven ... we never have classes that early!!

I know, TSR is really addictive :/ I hope I stop when I get to uni haa
You have snow!!! That's sooo cool!! For some reason I imagine Romania to be really hot :/ how is it you get snow and we dont :frown:

My god that is earlier, if you come to England it will feel like heaven ... we never have classes that early!!

where were you this winter?! :tongue:
Reply 1214

Romania is pretty cold in the winter. it could go like -15 Celsius degreese in the night and -7 in the day (but i actually leave home before the sun rises which is exactly the coldest part of the day) :biggrin: Regarding snow... odd enough this winter the weather was cold enough but it was not too snowy... just the usual few cm thick snow... until 1 week ago when it started snowing and it doest stop!!! every morning its snowing like in fairy tales.... so i end up covered in snow by the time i get to school

and yeah we start at 7;30 am... but we finish classes at 1;30 (some days at 12;30) - we don't have a lunch brake so school is a lot shorter... and then again if you happen to be very lazy you can as well wake up later and show up to school a couple of hours later (but then you do have to get some medical paper showing that you were sick or something...). I think it's productive this way. I don't waste all day in school and i actually have time to do other stuff as well.

Yeah i agree with you... As soon as I get in uni i shall stop using TSR! (hopefully)
Original post by teafil

My UKCAT score was 652.5 if I remember correctly and I got an offer from St. Andrew's back in December! Don't give up on yourself before you know--I didn't think my interview went brilliantly either (at one point the interviewer said "we'll let you get back to London.") I just want to shake people sometimes and tell them not to always assume the worst (even though I know I can be guilty of it too). To be honest, your motivation is so clear I would be shocked if it hadn't come across well in your interview.
Reply 1216
Original post by atomos
where were you this winter?! :tongue:

I live down south, we got like one day of snow :frown:
Scotland got like 2 weeks!! Another reason for St Andrews haha

Original post by teafil
Romania is pretty cold in the winter. it could go like -15 Celsius degreese in the night and -7 in the day (but i actually leave home before the sun rises which is exactly the coldest part of the day) :biggrin: Regarding snow... odd enough this winter the weather was cold enough but it was not too snowy... just the usual few cm thick snow... until 1 week ago when it started snowing and it doest stop!!! every morning its snowing like in fairy tales.... so i end up covered in snow by the time i get to school

and yeah we start at 7;30 am... but we finish classes at 1;30 (some days at 12;30) - we don't have a lunch brake so school is a lot shorter... and then again if you happen to be very lazy you can as well wake up later and show up to school a couple of hours later (but then you do have to get some medical paper showing that you were sick or something...). I think it's productive this way. I don't waste all day in school and i actually have time to do other stuff as well.

Yeah i agree with you... As soon as I get in uni i shall stop using TSR! (hopefully)

Ahh way to make me jealous!!! I want fairytale snow and to finish at 1.30!!!

Maybe we can create a rehab group?
Reply 1217
Original post by RealisticApproach
My UKCAT score was 652.5 if I remember correctly and I got an offer from St. Andrew's back in December! Don't give up on yourself before you know--I didn't think my interview went brilliantly either (at one point the interviewer said "we'll let you get back to London.") I just want to shake people sometimes and tell them not to always assume the worst (even though I know I can be guilty of it too). To be honest, your motivation is so clear I would be shocked if it hadn't come across well in your interview.

Wow your interviewer sounds like a bitch!!
Well done on the offer :smile:
No it is :smile:
Yeas, another reason for self catered, I have just been making some cakes and I have to say that's when I realised I couldn't stand being catered!

Well it takes like 10/15 mins to walk from town centre to the med school, and I have a feeling that David Russell apartments are on the other side of the town, so maybe 20/25 mins. Tbh nothing is far in St andrews haha

lol yeah st andrews is a pretty small place really! and a bit of walking won't do any harm! i reckon if all goes well, those of us who get offers should arrange to meet up when we move there....and u could bake us some of those cakes as a welcome haha!
Reply 1219
Original post by georgie91
lol yeah st andrews is a pretty small place really! and a bit of walking won't do any harm! i reckon if all goes well, those of us who get offers should arrange to meet up when we move there....and u could bake us some of those cakes as a welcome haha!

Haha yea we should!

Looks like I drew the short straw!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending