The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by Kimbliboo
Not since an email saying "We will contact you again in February to update you on arrangements for the study skills module, receiving your results and how to confirm your place"... Bored of waiting now.

hi have u heard anything yet from Access to Leeds?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Muffinz

You gonna join any clubs? I heard on Unionview that there's a knitting club - I would be so up for that! I hope it's real :biggrin:

Eeee it's called Stitch 'n' Bitch, I'm definitely joining it :biggrin:

Haven't been following this thread - anyone else applying to live in North Hill Court? :biggrin:
Reply 682
Original post by lalala1
is anyone firming leeds even if they have not visited there yet?

I've already firmed it but saying that I have been up there.

For anyone interested or hasnt got the email from the university there is an open day, for viewing the accomodaton on Saturday 26th of march. All the accomodations are open to view.

Good way to meet people that are going to the uni themselves. Or mayb meet people that are living or thnking about living in the same accomodation. Just thought to let everyone know just in case you dont just yet :smile:
Reply 683
Original post by lalala1
hi have u heard anything yet from Access to Leeds?

Yeah got an email yesterday :smile:

· The study skills assignment is a generic assignment that will help you reflect on your method of learning. It will be available from 1st April and the deadline for submission will be 18th May.

· The subject specific assignment is based upon the course to which you have applied. It will be available from 1st June and the deadline for submission will be set by your subject tutor for late July.

The Access to Leeds module will be completed using the Access to Leeds Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). The VLE will be available from 1st April and instructions explaining how to access it will follow shortly.

Have you heard anything else?
Reply 684
Original post by jelly1000

Original post by jelly1000
are you sure you don't mean leeds met :confused:

Yea its at Leeds Met. Dont see where the confusion is tho.
Original post by Skutch
Yea its at Leeds Met. Dont see where the confusion is tho.

This is the University of Leeds forum. :smile:
Reply 686
Original post by Bella Occhi
Eeee it's called Stitch 'n' Bitch, I'm definitely joining it :biggrin:

Haven't been following this thread - anyone else applying to live in North Hill Court? :biggrin:

LOVE IT.

Can I bring my possible dress-making there too?

I'll see you there :biggrin: So excited!

I was looking at NHC but the low number of occupants didn't really make for a party in my book.
Original post by Muffinz
LOVE IT.

Can I bring my possible dress-making there too?

I'll see you there :biggrin: So excited!

I was looking at NHC but the low number of occupants didn't really make for a party in my book.

I would assume so, they say knitting and crocheting but there isn't a sewing society so I shouldn't think they'll forbid you from joining :p: (Although I am quite beginner-ish at knitting, I'll have to practise a lot over the summer so I don't embarrass myself!) See you there, I am also very excited :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Gonna go to the Leeds Geography day on the 23rd... anyone else going?
I've never been to Leeds and have had my heart set on Bristol but me getting an offer there this year is feeling increasingly unlikely sooo... we shall see!
Reply 689
Yeah got an email yesterday :smile:

Have you heard anything else?

nope i still haven't heard anything! i'm so worried now. did u firm leeds?
Reply 690
Original post by lalala1
nope i still haven't heard anything! i'm so worried now. did u firm leeds?

Yeah firmed it a few weeks ago. Don't worry about it - they might be sending them alphabetically or by department or something?
Reply 691
Read through The Gist (The Leeds alternative prospectus) and began looking at all the societies today... I'm gonna join like eight -_- I'm gonna be absurdly busy! lol

(You can tell how sad/excited I am)

I'm thinking...

English departmental soc
The Scribe (the University paper)
Atheist soc (they seem very active)
Anime soc (I CAN MAKE THEM SHOW OUTLAW STAR!!!)
Stitch n Bitch :biggrin:
Debating
Feminist soc (:P)
And some volunteering.

I don't think I can handle it all. x_x

I'd like to think I could join the Tealights too but I'm not a comedian :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)

· The study skills assignment is a generic assignment that will help you reflect on your method of learning. It will be available from 1st April and the deadline for submission will be 18th May.

· The subject specific assignment is based upon the course to which you have applied. It will be available from 1st June and the deadline for submission will be set by your subject tutor for late July.

The Access to Leeds module will be completed using the Access to Leeds Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). The VLE will be available from 1st April and instructions explaining how to access it will follow shortly.?

Got that email too... was slightly worried beforehand. Not it seems a reality it is getting pretty excited. Have you any idea on the difficulty of either of the assessments?
Reply 693
Original post by jcockerill1
Ahh, wicked! Good on you... what accommodation are you looking at? I'm totally undecided

I've had a look at a couple of places on the internet and will be going to the viewing day later this month, are you?

I don't really want to be far away from the city centre and want an en-suite so I quite like the look of Clarence Docks but the buildings at the Oxley Residences look pretty nice too; well, as nice as halls can be!

What about you?
Original post by becca2508
I've had a look at a couple of places on the internet and will be going to the viewing day later this month, are you?

I don't really want to be far away from the city centre and want an en-suite so I quite like the look of Clarence Docks but the buildings at the Oxley Residences look pretty nice too; well, as nice as halls can be!

What about you?

I think I will attend, yeah. I've already looked around last year though cause I'm resitting A levels this year... applied to Henry Price earlier today.

Had a look at Clarence, just seems a bit too quaint for me, I prefer a more lively social scene in all fairness. I'm the type to spend most of my days hungover... ooops :tongue:
Reply 695
Just applied for Lupton residences ^______________^
Societies I'm considering joining:

French
Stitch & Bitch
Some kind of martial arts one
Might join LOST or the anime society. Maybe badminton :biggrin:

How many societies do people normally join, do you think - more like two or more like ten?? :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 697
Original post by Bella Occhi
Societies I'm considering joining:

French
Stitch & Bitch
Some kind of martial arts one
Might join LOST or the anime society. Maybe badminton :biggrin:

How many societies do people normally join, do you think - more like two or more like ten?? :p:

I think two or three would be realistic, but I'm gonna join 8 in freshers and then find out how any i can handle XD
Reply 698
I am also going for eight to begin with..

Economics
Business school
Conservative future
Debating
Trading and investment
Mountaineering
Basketball
Tennis

Leeds uni seems to have some brilliant societies/clubs.
Reply 699
Original post by Rakas21
I am also going for eight to begin with..

Economics
Business school
Conservative future
Debating
Trading and investment
Mountaineering
Basketball
Tennis

Leeds uni seems to have some brilliant societies/clubs.

Yup! I'll see you in that one! Haha

Latest