The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5340
Whats the consensus over what keeper to play??

Back to Emirates on Saturday, lets hope it is a better performance that the last live game I was at, Wembley.

Oh and forgot to tell you boys, met David Bentley in a club the other week. I was a bit drunk and congratulated him on the goal he scored against us for the scum....woops

EDIT: In other news Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test!!
(edited 13 years ago)
I think Denilson, Wilshere, Diaby, Nasri, Arshavin, Bendtner will probably be what Wenger will go with, and it doesn't look that bad. It really depends on how they play on the day, we could win comfortably but without the incision of Cesc or RvP those 6 could easily just pass it around all day long and achieve nothing.
Reply 5342
Song a major doubt for the Barcelona 2nd leg...
Kolo doesnt strike to me as the junkie type.
Reply 5344
I think it will be:

Wilshere Ramsey
Diaby
Nasri-----------------------------Arshavin
Bendtner

I'm guessing Wilshere and Ramsey will take turns to go forward with Diaby, similar to what Jack and Song do.

GunnerMT
Whats the consensus over what keeper to play??

What do you mean? Szczesny is extremely firmly rooted in the No. 1 spot now.

Kolo Toure Fails Drug Test!!

He'll be missing the rest of the season, apparently, but is unlikely to face further ramifications - the authorities suspect that his results are likely to have a 'non-doping' explanation (overdose/wrong dosage of medication, etc.)
I like the idea of Nasri-Bendtner-Arshavin in attack because they could (and imo should) be very fluid and swap positions a lot. Bendtner and Arshavin could swap if things weren't working out, and Arshavin would give a very different problem to their CBs. Nasri can play right or left and could even go up front for a bit imo, he's got the pace and finishing.
Reply 5346
Miquel has been far, far, far from impressive. He's being given opportunities, that too against third tier opposition, and he's just not taking them. He's way too nervy on the ball.

Henderson on the other hand was delightful.

And Bendtner annoys the **** out of me, the way he just slacks around the pitch chewing gum and with lax shoulders, my oh my he thinks he's the world's best player? Lolol.
I thought Miquel played quite well the other night - better than Squillaci even.

At least he can send his headers in the right direction, albeit that they lack a bit of power.
Original post by Abiraleft
I think it will be:

Wilshere Ramsey
Diaby

:coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma:

My dream has come true :colondollar:
I really hope Bendtner has his shooting boots on tomorrow too. I can see Sunderland making the match quite difficult by closing us down quickly and trying to beat our offside trap with long balls over the top. Hopefully the back four will be prepared for this and not just stick their hands up and scream at the linesman constantly.
Original post by badger-man
Hopefully the back four will be prepared for this and not just stick their hands up and scream at the linesman constantly.

:toofunny:

As if they could ever do anything else.

I still haven't called an Arsenal league result wrong for ages...hoping tomorrow ends that run: 1-1...the fat bastard to equalise late in the second half.
FA cup sold out ffs :cry2:

I have a bad feeling about the match tomorrow, Koc might play though which is good news.
Reply 5352
Szczesny/Fab

Sagna Djourou Vermalen Gibbs

Ramsey Song/Oxlade-Chamberlain Wilshere

Walcott Vela Nasri

Imagine this team playing in 2 years...
(edited 13 years ago)

So Cesc has a stronger chance than Song of making it for Barcelona....

Interesting.

It's clear each time he has played against Barcelona that -- although he is technically good for this league -- against Barcelona, he is the least technically gifted midfielder on the pitch and he always runs a risk of getting sent off. (edit: Song, I'm talking about!!)

20 mins to Ramsey against Sunderland, and a Fabregas--Ramsey--Wilshere midfield against Barcelona, perhaps. It would either be :sogood: or :facepalm2: ...
(edited 13 years ago)
I don't really mind if Song misses the Barca game. He had an awful game first leg and we still managed...if we go there with any kind of defensive attitude to 'survive' we're going to be eaten alive. We definitely have to bring the game to barca

but Ramsey :borat:
Reply 5356
Original post by Overmars

Original post by Overmars
20 mins to Ramsey against Sunderland, and a Fabregas--Ramsey--Wilshere midfield against Barcelona, perhaps. It would either be :sogood: or :facepalm2: ...

I really hope he does, the reception he gets will be immense.

We do know Ramsey, Wilshere and Cesc would run themselves into the ground though. We could play Ramsey further ahead, and Cesc & Jack play the deeper with one of them going forward at times, both have the discipline for it :holmes:

You've said it enough though, Sunderland first. That's far more important.
Ramsey will play tomorrow?
:awesome: :biggrin:
Original post by Skaiyote
Ramsey will play tomorrow?
:awesome: :biggrin:

I hope so! Ramsey and Wilshere are the future of the club
Song's defensive contribution has been shocking recently and I don't think we'll miss him too much if the players just don't all push forward (which I can't see happening with Wilshere and Ramsey in the midfield).
For Sunderland I'd imagine Diaby will take the attacking role and I think Ramsey will start. Still worried about Squillaci in defence since it looks like he's starting :s-smilie:

Latest