The Student Room Group

Fiat 500, girls car??

Scroll to see replies

Very girly and very ugly.
Reply 21
I have to agree with others on this. It is for both Girls and Boys. I am lucky enough to be learning to drive in one (BSM). But I cannot stress enough that you need to get either the 1.3 diesel or 1.4 petrol. For one lesson I have driven the 1.2 petrol (due to an oil filter change on the 1.3 I was learning in) it was awful. It simply wasn't powerful enough. The 0.9 they have just brought out can't be any better.

But yes, it is unisex (sorry for the essay)
Reply 22
Just get a panda 100hp does not look as girl like and the same car underneath as the 1.4 sport 500 whilst being a lot cheaper. Only 500 that make's sense to me is the abarth.
Reply 23
There ok, but bear in mind there a panda underneath so if you not bothered by the retro look you might as well save yourself the cash and get a panda. I would personally get the panda 100hp or 4x4 over the 500 any day.
Original post by jhubbert
I have to agree with others on this. It is for both Girls and Boys. I am lucky enough to be learning to drive in one (BSM). But I cannot stress enough that you need to get either the 1.3 diesel or 1.4 petrol. For one lesson I have driven the 1.2 petrol (due to an oil filter change on the 1.3 I was learning in) it was awful. It simply wasn't powerful enough. The 0.9 they have just brought out can't be any better.

But yes, it is unisex (sorry for the essay)

i like your comment verymuch (((((((((:

currently i have the 'old' 1.3 diesel (the 75hp one... because mine is 2008/08,owned from new - and the new 1.3 diesels sold today have ~95hp now). what is the reg/age of the 1.3 you learn in? ^_^

i am soon to be changing mine, and have decided on the newer 1.3 diesel engined one. while the 0.9 you mention is fast enough for what you need (84hp),it is very noisy; characterful sound, yes, but i like near-SILENCE when driving :'D no radio.... and people are expected to shut up when i drive ;DDDDD
also when i was borrowing a 0.9 one from my work (....i work for fiat, ehehe ^_^), i only got 38mpg, which for me, driving about 35,000 mile a year , is just not good enough.....

...i have not picked what colour i want for my second 500 though. my current one is black- and i know i do not want another black one >_>
Reply 25
I drove a friends 500 was late at night so took it for a quick spin round the block and I hated it it was the 1.2 petrol and felt so underpowered also learned to drive in one for a bit and absolutely loathed it every minute i was in it, driven corsas and fiesta since and would take them any day over the 500.
Reply 26
500's suck. Period.

They are underpowered (especially on hills), and are a girls car made to look stylish. Even a Citroen C3 is much better than a 500, at least you can fit in it even if you are 7 feet tall. Plus it has more power and looks more stylish from the front and back.

If you hate 500's, here is something to relieve you of your stress:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pVF1Wr7GLQ
Reply 27
Original post by fosters88
Curious what engined Corsa and Fiesta?

The corsa(my dads) was a 1.2 same size as the 500 but didnt feel sluggish unless i was going uphill but thats the same for any small engined car, the fiesta(my baby when i get it back from storage) is an old mk4 one with 1.3 petrol no power steering just the bare essentials which i preferred. Im not saying the 500 is a bad car just I wasnt a very big fan, Although with the steering being so light and the car so small it was a dodle to park do 3 point turns in etc.
Definitely a girls car. I'd be more than happy to do you a favour and take it off your hands :P

In all seriousness, I've never looked at a man driving one and thought it was weird. They're a nice looking car and I don't think they're specific to any gender.
I think they look girly. Rather small looking cars, I want one as my next car.
Reply 30
Original post by NOBODY MOVE!
i like your comment verymuch (((((((((:

currently i have the 'old' 1.3 diesel (the 75hp one... because mine is 2008/08,owned from new - and the new 1.3 diesels sold today have ~95hp now). what is the reg/age of the 1.3 you learn in? ^_^

i am soon to be changing mine, and have decided on the newer 1.3 diesel engined one. while the 0.9 you mention is fast enough for what you need (84hp),it is very noisy; characterful sound, yes, but i like near-SILENCE when driving :'D no radio.... and people are expected to shut up when i drive ;DDDDD
also when i was borrowing a 0.9 one from my work (....i work for fiat, ehehe ^_^), i only got 38mpg, which for me, driving about 35,000 mile a year , is just not good enough.....

...i have not picked what colour i want for my second 500 though. my current one is black- and i know i do not want another black one >_>

I was learning in the new 1.3 diesel. It was a 2010 59 plate I believe. My instructor has just got a petrol one. He wasn't sure whether it would be a 1.2 or 1.4. But yeah GET THE 1.3!!!!
Reply 31
A lot of boys buy them and add extras, obviously entails spending more money but they can look really pimped out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
I think they're fantastic looking cars - suit both boys and girls!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I call it the mickey mouse car......lol
Reply 34
If you're over 5'6 then you can't drive it anyway. I got in one and automatically felt like I was in a clown car.
Original post by sabian92
If you're over 5'6 then you can't drive it anyway. I got in one and automatically felt like I was in a clown car.

Really? My bf drives mine without any real issues, although he prefers his car.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like them however I do think the look a bit girly. I do like the newer Fiat 500L though :biggrin:
Reply 37
My dad has one in purple and i think they are girly.

Im the one who wants the bigger faster cars :\

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending