The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by Wangers
Writing a personal statement at 1am is also badtimes...:frown:

Incidentally, would any kind hearted people read through please?

I would be happy to, i'll pm you my email address.

I passed my driving test yesterday! So happy its done before finals!
Reply 1721
Original post by Sarky
I would be happy to, i'll pm you my email address.

Well done!
Reply 1722
In huge financial problems right now :sigh:
Thankfully I got a job this week!
Original post by lekky
In huge financial problems right now :sigh:
Thankfully I got a job this week!

Not enough money for lovefest cocktail parties at the Ritz =/= financial problems. :p:

x
Reply 1724
Original post by Sarky

:redface:

I should dig out the theory book now interviews are over... although it has competition in the form of EPLS. :rolleyes:
Original post by Elles

Original post by Elles

I should dig out the theory book now interviews are over... although it has competition in the form of EPLS. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that there are doctors about that still haven't passed. I don't even have my provisional yet, and have no idea when I'm actually going to get round to learning :sigh:
Reply 1726
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I'm glad that there are doctors about that still haven't passed. I don't even have my provisional yet, and have no idea when I'm actually going to get round to learning :sigh:

I don't think there are many but I'm definitely one! Train to 6th form, city-based university with a bicycle and then 'London' for work... so there's never been a need. But property ladder aspirations & needing a car for some reg level jobs has changed things. :tongue:

I got the provisional ASAP for photo/age ID though! How do you manage without one?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Elles

Original post by Elles
I don't think there are many but I'm definitely one! Train to 6th form, city-based university with a bicycle and then 'London' for work... so there's never been a need. But property ladder aspirations & needing a car for some reg level jobs has changed things. :tongue:

I got the provisional ASAP for photo/age ID though! How do you manage without one?

Well I don't drink, so I've never needed it for alcohol purchase, and I generally just go out on campus where uni ID is sufficient. If I'm out at home or in town then I just take my passport :dontknow:
Reply 1728
How the hell has my car insurance premium gone up by over £100 (from £230 to £340) in the space of a year? That's almost FIFTY PERCENT! I have yet to make any claims, and now have seven years no claim. I am also a year older. They surely can't blame this on the 'recession', can they?!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1729
Original post by Philosoraptor
Not enough money for lovefest cocktail parties at the Ritz =/= financial problems. :p:

x

Shush you.
Accommodation want 2 grand off me,
Tax man wants 500 pounds as apparently I underpaid tax about 3 years ago (y'know, when I HAD A PROPER JOB)

Current account balance: -£400

:sigh:
Original post by lekky
Shush you.
Tax man wants 500 pounds as apparently I underpaid tax about 3 years ago (y'know, when I HAD A PROPER JOB)

Pretty much same here! Minus the looming 2 grand bill of course. But I'm into my overdraft!
Reply 1731
Original post by Elles

Do it!

I never did it before because I live on the same road as a tube station on teh edge of the congestion charging zone. No-one in my family drives either. But being out of London for 7 years has made me see the benefit of having a car, and i've hated having to rely on people for lifts to and from placement. I have no money for a car and I don't understand cars at all but i'm gonna have to learn!
Original post by lekky
Shush you.

Your current bank balance is far healthier than mine... it's been in the depths of the overdraft since before Christmas (and then I extended it. Twice.)
Does anyone know what a BSc interview is going to be like? :erm:
Original post by Helenia
Lol, that totally doesn't work for me. If I've fallen asleep when my fiancé comes to bed, I just about tolerate a cuddle but if he tries to talk to me I am horrible - I just mumble "sleeping" repeatedly and increasingly loudly until he gets the hint!

The other way round very rarely happens now I'm not doing nights or anything.

Oh, yes def, he doesn't get anything except snuffly contented sounds as I snuggle and heat him. He better not try talking or poking me in the back but it is nice to have a warm bed after a long night of typing. :smile:
Don't worry, I'll go away and be sickly loved up somewhere else now :biggrin:
Original post by FFCrusader
Does anyone know what a BSc interview is going to be like? :erm:

PM'd you.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
PM'd you.
You wouldn't happen to know the deadline for applications for intercalating at Imperial? Also, why is the online application form ridiculously long and complicated? Did you upload any essays etc?
Original post by i'm no superman
You wouldn't happen to know the deadline for applications for intercalating at Imperial? Also, why is the online application form ridiculously long and complicated? Did you upload any essays etc?

I believe it's the 17th (at least, I damn well hope so, cos I haven't got a spare second to sort it until after the 15th). I'm not planning on uploading any essays :confused: Just reference, permission letter, personal statement, transcript... Long time since I looked at the info tho. Which course are you going for?
Original post by Becca-Sarah
I believe it's the 17th (at least, I damn well hope so, cos I haven't got a spare second to sort it until after the 15th). I'm not planning on uploading any essays :confused: Just reference, permission letter, personal statement, transcript... Long time since I looked at the info tho. Which course are you going for?
Thanks for that. :smile:

Do we scan and upload the transcript and permission letter or do we send it off by post? You'd think an online application would be fairly straightforward.

I'm considering Medical Sciences with Management. My intercalated choices are completely random - neuroscience, anatomy and now management... I'm not too fussed, I really wouldn't mind doing any of them. I just want to keep my options open.

Which one are you going for? Oh and how far have you got with the personal statement? I'm just going to bash out something completely random and hope I don't get laughed at! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending