The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
Anyone else get a letter today saying they had a place on the Easter STEP course? :smile:
Reply 1141
Queens', Economics :biggrin:

hope I make my offer! :smile:
King's, Politics, Psychology & Sociology
with a ridiculous offer of IB 42 (777)! I hope I'll be able to make this without suffering from a CVA...
Reply 1143
Original post by *~Timshel~*
Yeah I think I just wanted to wait and see how everything else played out...out of pure curiosity :tongue: Hehheh as for the potential icy trek, let's aim for somewhere with a landing bathroom!!:rolleyes:

Haha, i think so... I tried the food when i was there too- not bad tbh- i think i'll probably like eating out though :tongue:. What was your offer?

(Oh, and my accommodation letter arrived today!)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1144
Original post by Rockefella
King's, Politics, Psychology & Sociology
with a ridiculous offer of IB 42 (777)! I hope I'll be able to make this without suffering from a CVA...

Ooh same doing PPS! At corpus though... which is quite near kings and the PPS lecture halls :smile:

I don't know anything about IB but that sounds hard :s-smilie:... i think I've come out quite lucky since i only need an A* in psychology (and 2 As), and since most of my offers are for psych at uni, it should go okay (results Thursday! thoughhhh:eek:). I feel for everyone who needs an A* in further maths and watnot.
Original post by Jacke02

Original post by Jacke02
Ooh same doing PPS! At corpus though... which is quite near kings and the PPS lecture halls :smile:

I don't know anything about IB but that sounds hard :s-smilie:... i think I've come out quite lucky since i only need an A* in psychology (and 2 As), and since most of my offers are for psych at uni, it should go okay (results Thursday! thoughhhh:eek:). I feel for everyone who needs an A* in further maths and watnot.

Ahhh good luck! :smile: terrified for jan results next thursday! (I need an A* in chemistry! - not going to happen!!)
Reply 1146
guys i got rejected from edinburgh , east anglia , and ucl but got an offer for medicine from cambridge
did i get into cambridge by chance or what
can somebody please explain , i feel really shocked
and sad
Original post by dinat
guys i got rejected from edinburgh , east anglia , and ucl but got an offer for medicine from cambridge
and sad

they saw something in you that the others didnt.

dont know why you would feel sad about this. cambridge admissions tutors know what they're looking for and clearly you are it.

are you going to accept the offer?
Original post by dinat

Original post by dinat
and sad

Aww dont worry! It does happen, different med schools look for different qualities in an applicant. dont feel sad, i know its disappointing, but think on the bright side!! You've got cambridge!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
I've also got an offer from cambridge for med, but have been rejected from UCL n imperial
Dont worry about it, and btw are you international? because if so, the competition is even more intense!
Reply 1149
Original post by JakeNielen
they saw something in you that the others didnt.

dont know why you would feel sad about this. cambridge admissions tutors know what they're looking for and clearly you are it.

are you going to accept the offer?

thnaks alot
and yes iam going to accept the offer
iam at peterhouse college what about you?
Reply 1150
Original post by Bubbles2010
Aww dont worry! It does happen, different med schools look for different qualities in an applicant. dont feel sad, i know its disappointing, but think on the bright side!! You've got cambridge!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
I've also got an offer from cambridge for med, but have been rejected from UCL n imperial
Dont worry about it, and btw are you international? because if so, the competition is even more intense!

thanks , yes iam an international applicant
Reply 1151
Does anybody (maybe those of you who live in Cambridge) know how long the walk is from Jesus to the Cavendish?
Original post by dinat
thnaks alot
and yes iam going to accept the offer
iam at peterhouse college what about you?

St Catharines :smile:
Original post by Jacke02
Haha, i think so... I tried the food when i was there too- not bad tbh- i think i'll probably like eating out though :tongue:. What was your offer?

LOL, indeed, we'll have to suss out the nice eating places! :P My offer is unconditional since I already had my A*AA at A-level - so that takes the stress out of it.
I got my letter also (horahhh! :smile: )

Ahhh good luck! :smile: terrified for jan results next thursday! (I need an A* in chemistry! - not going to happen!!)

Buena suerte to both of you for results day! :wink:
Reply 1154
Original post by *~Timshel~*
LOL, indeed, we'll have to suss out the nice eating places! :P My offer is unconditional since I already had my A*AA at A-level - so that takes the stress out of it.
I got my letter also (horahhh! :smile: )

Ooh I'm so jealous :P I'm waiting to see what i get in the march results... hopefully if if i get like 100% in pysch i'll (only) need 80% in june, but i probably messed up somewhere... :angry:

Yeah lol :P, i don't think it would be hard to find nice places cambridge...........
Reply 1155

I'm sure you'll do fineee :wink:... are you getting back a resit or half an A Level?
Reply 1156
Original post by Jacke02

You got your accommodation letter?
I want one :tongue:

What college, and course? :smile:
I got an offer from Christ's - NatSci :smile:
Reply 1157
Original post by kpatb
You got your accommodation letter?
I want one :tongue:

What college, and course? :smile:
I got an offer from Christ's - NatSci :smile:

Ooh NatSci :P Which strand (bio or phys or ...)?

And for Corpus Christi - Politics, Sociology and Psychology... all the colleges will be different though. I was in half-the-mind to apply for NatSci, but i only had the A Levels to go down the physical route but i think i want to do psychology, so PPS was better for me :smile:
Reply 1158
Original post by Jacke02
Ooh NatSci :P Which strand (bio or phys or ...)?

And for Corpus Christi - Politics, Sociology and Psychology... all the colleges will be different though. I was in half-the-mind to apply for NatSci, but i only had the A Levels to go down the physical route but i think i want to do psychology, so PPS was better for me :smile:

I'm doing Physical :smile: I actually applied for Chemical Engineering via NatSci, but think of myself as more of a Scientist than ChemEng-er.

Ooo you have an offer for PPS! That's amazing, given how competitive the applications process is and the course sounds so broad and varied! So what A levels did you do then?

One of the guys from my school who's two years older than me got into Corpus for Computer Science - he loves it there and it's a very rich college from what I've heard. Congrats on your offer! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1159
Original post by kpatb
I'm doing Physical :smile: I actually applied for Chemical Engineering via NatSci, but think of myself as more of a Scientist than ChemEng-er.

Ooo you have an offer for PPS! That's amazing, given how competitive the applications process is and the course sounds so broad and varied! So what A levels did you do then?

One of the guys from my school who's two years older than me got into Corpus for Computer Science - he loves it there and it's a very rich college from what I've heard. Congrats on your offer! :smile:

Yeah its pretty diverse, you can do anything from biological anthropology to computer science in your first year. And my A Levels are in Physics, Maths, English Lit and Psychology. I really love physics but compared to doing biology and chemistry its not very helpful for doing psychology, especially the bio-psychology modules... I like essay writing though so PPS is goood, and will keep my options open about what to move into in Part 2.

Getting into NatSci is an achievement in itself though, out of everyone who applied from my school zero NatSci's (out of 6 or so) got in...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending