The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nshevchenko
on the 23rd of feb, you too, right? :smile:

Yeahh, but I haven't heard back yet. =/ Eeek! Do you know if they send out offers on Saturdays?
Original post by sarah040791
Yeahh, but I haven't heard back yet. =/ Eeek! Do you know if they send out offers on Saturdays?

no idea..:s-smilie:
don't worry..where else have you applied to?
Reply 462
Original post by RachelB
got an offer today for TTSM at RADA so so so happy - anyone else heard? xxxxxxxxxxx

WOW amazing! When did you have the interview?? I had my interview ages ago but only got a letter saying I'd have to wait for all interviews to be done. :confused:
no idea..:s-smilie:
don't worry..where else have you applied to?

I applied to Not Trent, Rose Bruford, RWCMD, Central and UCA.
Not for the acting courses though, for the Theatre Design/Scenic art courses.
I'm gonna update my signature now anyway so you'll see how I'm doing with them... :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Just checking to see if it's updated...

*edit*
Woo!
Reply 465
Original post by osullivan12
has anyone had an offer from LIPA community drama??

Yeah i got mine on thursday. Cant seem to find anyone else though xx
Reply 466
Original post by Virna
WOW amazing! When did you have the interview?? I had my interview ages ago but only got a letter saying I'd have to wait for all interviews to be done. :confused:

thankyou!! I had my interview Jan 27th and heard march 4th! i'll private message you back :smile:
I got an offer from Royal Holloway and it was ABB not AAB!! Ahhh so happy!!
Original post by allaboutdrama
I got an offer from Royal Holloway and it was ABB not AAB!! Ahhh so happy!!

nice :biggrin: congrats..i havn't heard anything back from them yet..for which course did you apply?
Anyone else applying to GSA? Have my recall weekend in April :smile: Haven't really seen many GSA'ers on here?
Original post by pepper17
I have an offer from Warwick :biggrin:

Me too :smile: For Drama- conditional AAB,
but I probably won't end up going because I want to do Musical Theatre...
we'll see :smile:
anyone going for an interview at warwick on the 9th (theatre and performance studies) ?
nice :biggrin: congrats..i havn't heard anything back from them yet..for which course did you apply?

For just drama :smile:
Hi all,

I'm one of thirty first year drama students at UEA.

Obviously, I know how difficult this time of year can be for you guys and how stressful the interview and audition process can be.

If you have any questions about the course, the interviews and auditions, or even a level exams, just let me know.

Just remember that this year is a difficult year for you guys, more people than ever are applying to uni and with nearly 1000 applications for 30 places at UEA its important you're on top form to ensure you get the place you want.

Keep smiling.
x
Original post by Sophie1234
Hi all,

I'm one of thirty first year drama students at UEA.

Obviously, I know how difficult this time of year can be for you guys and how stressful the interview and audition process can be.

If you have any questions about the course, the interviews and auditions, or even a level exams, just let me know.

Just remember that this year is a difficult year for you guys, more people than ever are applying to uni and with nearly 1000 applications for 30 places at UEA its important you're on top form to ensure you get the place you want.

Keep smiling.
x

You must know my mate Nick - short hair, beard, one of the four (?) people doing scriptwriting.

How do you find studying drama at uni compared to at school or performing outside of education?
Reply 475
Original post by lauraferry
Me too :smile: For Drama- conditional AAB,
but I probably won't end up going because I want to do Musical Theatre...
we'll see :smile:

Ahh well done :smile: mine's conditional AAA... probably because I got a C in my fourth AS :/
Hmm yeah, probably not the best course for you then. Seems very theory based! Where else have you applied?
Reply 476
Original post by FluffyLion
You must know my mate Nick - short hair, beard, one of the four (?) people doing scriptwriting.

How do you find studying drama at uni compared to at school or performing outside of education?

BTW (totes been stalking you a wee bit :P Your Youtube vids are good man :smile:)
Have you applied to RSAMD for CPP?
You should check it out, we do a lot of Forced Ent style, contemporary theatre and it's very exciting :smile:

Hope it's all going well for you auditions wise!
Anyone for RADA or LAMDA for BA Acting?
Original post by Mazzia
BTW (totes been stalking you a wee bit :P Your Youtube vids are good man :smile:)
Have you applied to RSAMD for CPP?
You should check it out, we do a lot of Forced Ent style, contemporary theatre and it's very exciting :smile:

Hope it's all going well for you auditions wise!

I didn't apply there, no, although those are the courses I was looking at. I've been accepted to Falmouth to study there, and their degree course is contemporary, as well as semi-vocational (in that by the time you leave, you should be fully able to run a theatre company).

Do you not think Forced Entertainment are a bit outdated now? The last two shows of theirs I saw live, I didn't enjoy particularly. In hindsight, I got that Spectacular was deconstructing the Forced Entertainment performance, but it didn't get a good audience reaction from me at the time. And The Thrill of it All made me feel like I was watching a bunch of past-it performers trying to be young again. And then I went to a post-show talk with Tim Etchells et co, and what they seemed to want to achieve was nothing like what they actually achieved. Bloody Mess was incredible though, and Exquisite Pain, and reading about their older stuff, that looked brilliant too - things like the bus ride around Sheffield. I love that sort of stuff.
Hey all!

Just thought I'd pop by and say that I'm currently in my 2nd year at Warwick doing Theatre & Perf Studies and if anyone with an interview/offer wants to know more about the course/uni then feel free to give me a shout! You can either PM me or Quote me and I'll get back to you :smile:

And...

FluffyLion
x

I'm with you on Forced Entertainment... I went to a post-show Etchells talk after Thrill of it All too and thought he was just spouting nonsense. Mostly A Level students in the audience who didn't seem to understand Forced Entertainments work anyway so made the Q&A even more frustrating. I'm not a FE fan anyway. You sound like you know your stuff anyway, I'm impressed! What other theatre work are you into?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending