:five:

I've read the Rome series too :tongue:
Reply 9302
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Yes!
:five:

I've read the Rome series too :tongue:

I've only read one of the Roman series.

His books are great though, I love how he gets the balance perfect between fact and fiction for entertainment.
Original post by sacha_canada
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
so amazing! it is so good, i was crying on the bus into work today...rather emberassing!

I actually adore that book! The movie made a mockery out of it....
Original post by NYILoveYou
I actually adore that book! The movie made a mockery out of it....

100% agreed; the movie was appalling. The book was amazing :biggrin: One of the few books that managed to reduce me to near-tears at the ending :tongue:
Reply 9305
Trust Me, I'm a (Junior) Doctor. I don't read a lot of books but this one is brilliant.
Reply 9306
Original post by Pensivedore
Oh I'm reading that at the moment. How are you finding it? I'm on the second part. I'm not realy likeing it at the moment, maybe it'll get better.:s-smilie:

I've actually just started it. I admit I tried to read it when I was younger but I found it really boring, but I still want to see what all the hype is about.
War by Sebastian Junger
Original post by mamooshka
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. :top:

Loved it. I read that over the summer just after I turned 14. Of Mice and Men, The Red Pony, The Pearl, East of Eden... all really great reads.
plato - gorgias

no idea what is going on
Stephen Hawking's On The Shoulders of Giants.

I have not even thought about any other book that I would read after it, as it is long in itself...
Big Sur by Jack Kerouac and Howl, Kaddish and other poems by Allen Ginsberg.

totally on a beat roll
The Fry Chronicles and currently looking for my old copy of The Great Gatsby; the best book that has ever been written. Recommendations of any "classic" books I should get?
Original post by Kayeffsee
Ouch :tongue: For pleasure or academic purposes, if you don't mind me asking? :biggrin:

I wanted to read it - I've not read any Hardy :smile: Although I will probably count it for wider reading when my exam gets nearer. Then again it is quite long...
Reply 9314
The Mill on the Floss. My first experience of Eliot.
Original post by jcockerill1
The Fry Chronicles and currently looking for my old copy of The Great Gatsby; the best book that has ever been written. Recommendations of any "classic" books I should get?

Loads, but definitely try Tender is the Night by F.Scott Fitzgerald. I think it's a bit better than Gatsby!
Reply 9316
Collected Essays by H D Thoreau
Beat generation poetry (Ginsberg, Corso...)
Reply 9317
Harry Potter y La Camara Secreta (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
Original post by Lafayette Blues
Loads, but definitely try Tender is the Night by F.Scott Fitzgerald. I think it's a bit better than Gatsby!

I've got a list of 1984, David Copperfield, Dorian Gray, Oliver Twist (had it but lost it) A Tale of Two Cities, Jekyll and Hyde, so I shall add that to it! Thanks! Not sure it can be as good as Gatsby though, that's such a beautiful book.
I am going to start "Révolution, consulat et Empire, 1789-1815" by Michel Biard, Philippe Bourdin and Silvia Marzagalli.

Latest

Trending

Trending