The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5500
Original post by jit987
In any other match, both the (Onside) goal and penalty would have been given.

Yes of course, it's obvious the referees are out to get Arsenal and stop them winning more than any other team :yep:
Original post by MoMatrix
If you cannot beat Sunderland in a match where you simply have to then you do not deserve to be champions.

At least we weren't humiliated by them. :mmm:
Reply 5502
It's painful but we still got a draw, could have been less if Scezney wasn't on form. Just need Liverpool to do us a favour now. Walcott, Fabs and RVP are not out for the season and could all be back in the next home game (Not forgetting Vermaelen of course, but he has disappeared). Arsenal should have won the game no doubt but we have a game in hand and as long as everyone is fit during that period then there's little to worry about.
Original post by Harry-AA
3:00 games never are...

how is everyone going on about watching/seeing it then? :s-smilie:
Reply 5504
It is ultimately Wenger's fault anyone could see Arsenal needed strengthening he still hasn't got a striker to replace Adebayor. Has not purchased proven quality defenders which you can rely on he has been kidding everyone for far too long how he has still got a job is beyond me.
Original post by yunghamz
It's painful but we still got a draw, could have been less if Scezney wasn't on form. Just need Liverpool to do us a favour now. Walcott, Fabs and RVP are not out for the season and could all be back in the next home game (Not forgetting Vermaelen of course, but he has disappeared). Arsenal should have won the game no doubt but we have a game in hand and as long as everyone is fit during that period then there's little to worry about.

You need Liverpool to do you a favour? Liverpool; the team who were 4th from bottom earlier in the season & lost 2-0 to West Ham last week and are playing ****ing Man Utd tomorrow. That Liverpool? You need them to do you a favour after you ****ed up and drew with ****ing Sunderland despite it being your best chance at keeping yourselves in contention.

You're an idiot, if you weren't my last hope at Utd not getting the title I'd happily hope you got nothing for being so ****.
Diaby and Denilson are just not good enough. I wonder what the win ratio with denilson in the squad is and without him... that guy instantly fills me with pessimism everytime he's name is on the starting 11 :frown:
Original post by Archmage
You need Liverpool to do you a favour? Liverpool; the team who were 4th from bottom earlier in the season & lost 2-0 to West Ham last week and are playing ****ing Man Utd tomorrow. That Liverpool? You need them to do you a favour after you ****ed up and drew with ****ing Sunderland despite it being your best chance at keeping yourselves in contention.

You're an idiot, if you weren't my last hope at Utd not getting the title I'd happily hope you got nothing for being so ****.

The Liverpool who play always step up vs. United and play with Suarez and Carroll against a weak defence. That Liverpool.

It is ultimately Wenger's fault anyone could see Arsenal needed strengthening he still hasn't got a striker to replace Adebayor. Has not purchased proven quality defenders which you can rely on he has been kidding everyone for far too long how he has still got a job is beyond me.

Boring WUM go away :rolleyes:

Probably something to do with the fact that we're outperforming what (those who support other PL clubs) everyone's expected of us this season.

Take your appalling attempt at WUMery elsewhere. :yy:
Reply 5509
Original post by marcusmerehay
Probably something to do with the fact that we're outperforming what (those who support other PL clubs) everyone's expected of us this season.

Take your appalling attempt at WUMery elsewhere. :yy:

Yet another Wenger blind following fan who is content with 2nd place.

Bendtner has performed better than Adebayor over the last 2 years.

Ah yes, we are in desperate need of proven quality defenders after our 8th clean sheet in 10 matches, ****
Reply 5511
Original post by Psychotic546
The Liverpool who play always step up vs. United and play with Suarez and Carroll against a weak defence. That Liverpool.

Boring WUM go away :rolleyes:

How many trophies has Wenger won since 2005 with at least 10 transfer windows to listen to the fans who ultimately pay his wages.
Yet another Wenger blind following fan who is content with 2nd place.

:toofunny:

Perhaps keep an eye on the failings of your own ****ty glory-hunter club instead of ours.
Reply 5513
Original post by Economist
Bendtner has performed better than Adebayor over the last 2 years.

Ah yes, we are in desperate need of proven quality defenders after our 8th clean sheet in 10 matches, ****

LOL.Which is why Adebayor now plays for Real Madrid.
Reply 5514
I'm not sure what to say. The result is as frustrating as anything, but I don't have too much criticism for our performance itself, it was excellent at times in the second half. Wilshere was brilliant as usual, Arshavin looked superb (and seemed really determined as well), Nasri looked like he's comeing back into form, and most of the players contributed to the pretty plays we had. I'd say Denilson looked a little off, and Diaby is still keeping the ball far too long. I think it is now essential not to get depressing results in the next two games, and push on from the game against West Brom. And come on Liverpool!
How many trophies has Wenger won since 2005 with at least 10 transfer windows to listen to the fans who ultimately pay his wages.

Enough that we still actually support our club.
Reply 5516
Original post by Archmage

Lol ok, "Liverpool are crap" :rolleyes:.

"****ing Sunderland"? Watch the season mate, Sunderland are not the team they were in previous seasons. Arsenal should have won that game no doubt, no matter how bad you play in the game, wasn't it always Utd fans who talk about "Dirty wins". Bramble should have been sent off just like Luiz should have been against Utd but this is now expected in games as it's just forgotten the week after.

Like i said, we got a point out of it. How is it our best chance to keep ourselves in contention? Arsenal have a game in hand and the players i mentioned will be coming back in the coming weeks. Sure it was an important match, but anyone who viewed this as a must win is the idiot.

Liverpool have every possible chance to do us a favour, Utd haven't won at anfield for two seasons now and now will be going into the match without Vidic.
(edited 13 years ago)
LOL.Which is why Adebayor now plays for Real Madrid.

On loan atm, because Maurinho wasn't allowed to sign a striker and because of Higuain's injury
Arsenal will not win another title/trophy for the next 10 years.
Original post by Economist
On loan atm, because Maurinho wasn't allowed to sign a striker and because of Higuain's injury

and Adebayor is so good that his club don't care if he goes out on loan.

Latest