The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think the ref and linesmen have joined in on the BBC's comic relief.
Original post by yunghamz
Lol ok, "Liverpool are crap" :rolleyes:.

"****ing Sunderland"? Watch the season mate, Sunderland are not the team they were in previous seasons. Arsenal should have won that game no doubt, no matter how bad you play in the game, wasn't it always Utd fans who talk about "Dirty wins". Bramble should have been sent off just like Luiz should have been against Utd but this is now expected in games as it's just forgotten the week after.

Like i said, we got a point out of it. How is it our best chance to keep ourselves in contention? Arsenal have a game in hand and the players i mentioned will be coming back in the coming weeks. Sure it was an important match, but anyone who viewed this as a must win is the idiot.

Liverpool have every possible chance to do us a favour, Utd haven't won at anfield for two seasons now and now will be going into the match without Vidic.

I just find it funny that people can hope other teams do them a favour when they don't keep up their end of the deal. I know Sunderland aren't their former selves but Arsenal are 2nd and fighting for the championship, they need to be winning games against these teams, not getting well played draws and hoping other results go their way.
Reply 5522
Original post by Abiraleft
I'm not sure what to say. The result is as frustrating as anything, but I don't have too much criticism for our performance itself, it was excellent at times in the second half. Wilshere was brilliant as usual, Arshavin looked superb (and seemed really determined as well), Nasri looked like he's comeing back into form, and most of the players contributed to the pretty plays we had. I'd say Denilson looked a little off, and Diaby is still keeping the ball far too long. I think it is now essential not to get depressing results in the next two games, and push on from the game against West Brom. And come on Liverpool!

This + Clichy was solid too. Arshavin was unlucky to be called offside and def. should have got a penalty but oh well, the gap is getting smaller.
Original post by MoMatrix
How many trophies has Wenger won since 2005 with at least 10 transfer windows to listen to the fans who ultimately pay his wages.

Change the ****ing record please. Yeah Arsenal supporters want trophies but we're never gna get them without actually supporting our team. Perhaps we should buy trophies but in all honesty it's no where near as rewarding.
Original post by jcockerill1
Arsenal will not win another title/trophy for the next 10 years.

2/10 poor effort.
Reply 5525
Original post by Archmage
I just find it funny that people can hope other teams do them a favour when they don't keep up their end of the deal. I know Sunderland aren't their former selves but Arsenal are 2nd and fighting for the championship, they need to be winning games against these teams, not getting well played draws and hoping other results go their way.

I don't see what your point is. Are you saying that because we didn't win, we shouldn't hope that Liverpool beat United at Anfield?
Original post by marcusmerehay
Nice of the BBC to not even mention the disallowed goal nor the penalty claim.

Did they mention there was another elbow involved in the Clattenburg game whichever one he ****ed up today?
Original post by Harry-AA
2/10 poor effort.

Yep. Need to step their game up if they're to win anything this season. Not a good result considering their match against Barca.
Reply 5529
Original post by Archmage

Yeah it's kind of sad to rely on the other teams performance but that's how the league works. Arsenal just can't win dirty, they rely on their best players, ( almost too heavily), the problem is these players are injury prone. Unlike last season, these players have matches to play in the rest of the season and also came through the December/January period.
Original post by Abiraleft
I don't see what your point is. Are you saying that because we didn't win, we shouldn't hope that Liverpool beat United at Anfield?

I'm not really sure tbh. When I read posts I hear them as a voice, and in my head the original post I quoted sound like a bit of a douche; he had that tone of placing all the burden of stopping Man Utd on Liverpool, despite them having the much harder game and Arsenal losing. Like he would blame Arsenal's difficulties on Liverpool if they lost, rather than accepting that it as Arsenal's own doing.

.....Reading that back, I think I might be a bit mental :s-smilie:
We did play poorly but the fact is we done enough to win. A stonewall penalty and legitimate goal not given, it's disgraceful.
Yep. Need to step their game up if they're to win anything this season. Not a good result considering their match against Barca.

I was referring to your stupid comment dickwad.
Original post by Harry-AA
I was referring to your stupid comment dickwad.

Lmao, soz big man :frown: not my fault Arsenal never show up when the pressure gets too much...
Arsenal will not win another title/trophy for the next 10 years.
I don't think that is at all true. One of the funniest things being a United fan is that Arsenal's team is so close to being brilliant, but Wenger refuses to spend to money required for the team to win things.

I do admit Arsenal's financial structure is the right one, but simple statistics tells you the chances of all 11 players + the subs required for a league win all being at the club at the same time at the right age is going be hard to achieve. Wilshere and Ramsay are coming through now to look like top midfielders, szczesny as a GK, but by the time these players hit their peak, will Fab still be there, will RVP still be at the same level, wil Sagna still be the player he is, you have a whole new set of top class player that need replacing, and if he ****s about like he has now they won't be suitably replaced quickly. I do think Wenger needs to spend a bit of money, to complete this team, add some depth so you can have a good run at the title.
Original post by doggyfizzel
I don't think that is at all true. One of the funniest things being a United fan is that Arsenal's team is so close to being brilliant, but Wenger refuses to spend to money required for the team to win things.

I do admit Arsenal's financial structure is the right one, but simple statistics tells you the chances of all 11 players + the subs required for a league win all being at the club at the same time at the right age is going be hard to achieve. Wilshere and Ramsay are coming through now to look like top midfielders, szczesny as a GK, but by the time these players hit their peak, will Fab still be there, will RVP still be at the same level, wil Sagna still be the player he is, you have a whole new set of top class player that need replacing, and if he ****s about like he has now they won't be suitably replaced quickly. I do think Wenger needs to spend a bit of money, to complete this team, add some depth so you can have a good run at the title.

Not knocking Arsenal by any means, when their team is fully fit they are the best team in the league player-for-player. Arsenal need someone to bully other teams, more depth at centre back and one person with a ****load of experience. They are so close to being the best team, and have been that close for years.
Reply 5536
Original post by Psychotic546
and Adebayor is so good that his club don't care if he goes out on loan.

Adebayor is a lot better than Bendtner.
Not knocking Arsenal by any means, when their team is fully fit they are the best team in the league player-for-player.

I don't know I think Chelsea has the best team, and Untied can't be far behind apart from out CM issue we are pretty complete. I don't buy into the physicality argument, maybe at CB, but Song, Wilshere, even Fab its not like the Arsenal team is weak.
Reply 5539
Not knocking Arsenal by any means, when their team is fully fit they are the best team in the league player-for-player. Arsenal need someone to bully other teams, more depth at centre back and one person with a ****load of experience. They are so close to being the best team, and have been that close for years.

Don't forget that person would also have to be present in important games, Wenger loves buying injury prone players, i think he has some kind of fetish for them

Latest