The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jcockerill1
Not knocking Arsenal by any means, when their team is fully fit they are the best team in the league player-for-player. Arsenal need someone to bully other teams, more depth at centre back and one person with a ****load of experience. They are so close to being the best team, and have been that close for years.

It never is.

And when it is, it probably never will be for a long enough period.
Reply 5541
Original post by Psychotic546
and Adebayor is so good that his club don't care if he goes out on loan.

Mourinho will not sign Adebayor if he is not good enough for RM.
Original post by Mastermind`
It never is.

And when it is, it probably never will be for a long enough period.

Their Achilles heel is sadly this.
Original post by yunghamz
Don't forget that person would also have to be present in important games, Wenger loves buying injury prone players, i think he has some kind of fetish for them

Very true, perhaps the most unlucky team in terms of injuries in the league?
Reply 5544
Original post by marcusmerehay
:toofunny:

Perhaps keep an eye on the failings of your own ****ty glory-hunter club instead of ours.

You honestly need to calm down. Wenger hasn't won anything for so long now and is one of the best paid managers in the world. I am starting to wonder if Arsenal is just some profit making buisness rather than a competitive football team.

Terrible reporting. The BBC is turning into a tabloid ffs, and a tabloid that is paid for by the taxpayer, no less.

Wrt injuries: most clubs have 1-2 important players injured atm, it's not just us (last season we had by far the worst injury list at this stage).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by doggyfizzel
I don't know I think Chelsea has the best team, and Untied can't be far behind apart from out CM issue we are pretty complete. I don't buy into the physicality argument, maybe at CB, but Song, Wilshere, even Fab its not like the Arsenal team is weak.

Not like the team is strong either, yes Song does a job but they don't have players like Essien, Terry, Rooney or Fletcher whom get really stuck in. I'd still say Arsenal has the best team on paper.
Reply 5547

It's always the February/March period :holmes:. Change the transfer periods?
Season over? Even if we beat United, we're so inconsistent that no one could safely bet on us to win the league
Reply 5549
Not like the team is strong either, yes Song does a job but they don't have players like Essien, Terry, Rooney or Fletcher whom get really stuck in. I'd still say Arsenal has the best team on paper.

On paper Arsenal have a very good team but there is no point as their top players are never fit for a whole season. They then use this as an excuse 'If we had Van Persie we would win the league'. That is why top teams buy top quality players in reserve also.
It's always the February/March period :holmes:. Change the transfer periods?

Haha, or rather use the January transfer window, for once.
Original post by MoMatrix
On paper Arsenal have a very good team but there is no point as their top players are never fit for a whole season. They then use this as an excuse 'If we had Van Persie we would win the league'. That is why top teams buy top quality players in reserve also.

Wenger is far too scared to buy expensive players, something he definitely should do.
Original post by Harry-AA

Original post by Harry-AA
The title will be decided on 1st May or if we reach the semis of the CL the 3rd May, without a doubt

LOL. Even with the **** refereeing that went on, you should have had it in you to score a late winner tbh. I think wednesday will determine your season. Win and youll push on, lose and youll crumble as per.

There is little unluckiness in this case. You can't depend on someone who is crocked (RVP) to lead your line. It'd be like Fergie depending on Michael Owen to lead the Man Utd line then complaining when he gets injured time and time again. When someone has such a large history of injuries, it isn't unluckiness, he's simply crocked. IIIRC, Arsenal are the weakest team in the league weight-wise, perhaps their players can't cope with the physical demands.
Reply 5554
Original post by MoMatrix

Lol, i've never heard Arsene use that excuse before, the man in charge of buying those quality players . I on the other hand, have used it countless of times :sigh:
Original post by Mastermind`
There is little unluckiness in this case. You can't depend on someone who is crocked (RVP) to lead your line. It'd be like Fergie depending on Michael Owen to lead the Man Utd line then complaining when he gets injured time and time again. When someone has such a large history of injuries, it isn't unluckiness, he's simply crocked. IIIRC, Arsenal are the weakest team in the league weight-wise, perhaps their players can't cope with the physical demands.

A definite re-think needs to be done by the man Arsene. Says a lot they've won nothing since Henry left...
Reply 5556
You idiots couldn't even beat Sunderland.
One thing for sure is that your not going to beat Barca!
Dnt worry i'm sure we will beat united tomorrow and still keep you in the title race to some extent.
Reply 5557
Lol, i've never heard Arsene use that excuse before, the man in charge of buying those quality players . I on the other hand, have used it countless of times :sigh:

The fans do.
Original post by rorydaredking
LOL. Even with the **** refereeing that went on, you should have had it in you to score a late winner tbh. I think wednesday will determine your season. Win and youll push on, lose and youll crumble as per.

Why what happens on Wednesday?
Tuesday is quite important though, playing Barca and what :rolleyes:
Reply 5559
Original post by rorydaredking

A champions league fixture will determine Arsenal's season? :s-smilie:

Latest