Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by ironandwine
Unlucky man, at least you don't have to worry about summer exams? :smile: Ahaha, I live in a tiny little village in Sussex, four shops and a pub, and you think you have it bad :rolleyes:

Looking at accomodation now, do you know where you want to stay? Loved Gill Street on the open day but it's probably gonna be waaay too expensive! :frown:

Actually I only did two full courses and an AS, I decided to finish off the A2 whilst I'm waiting for uni :tongue: gives me something to do and boosts my grades I guess. so I got summer exams too :frown:

I guess you win there aha. Gill St is lovely yeah but is expensive, if you can afford it and lucky enough to get a room I say go for it :smile: myself, I've applied for private accommodation to save me the hassle of trying to book halls again lol.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Jobud
Actually I only did two full courses and an AS, I decided to finish off the A2 whilst I'm waiting for uni :tongue: gives me something to do and boosts my grades I guess. so I got summer exams too :frown:

I guess you win there aha. Gill St is lovely yeah but is expensive, if you can afford it and lucky enough to get a room I say go for it :smile: myself, I've applied for private accommodation to save me the hassle of trying to book halls again lol.

Fair enough :smile: I am not looking forward to my exams haha, but the summer after will be awesome! To be quite honest, Gill Street is way out of my budget haha, just looks so nice! Is it quite hard/competitive to get a place in halls then? I really want to stay in them, even if I end up in the smallest and dirtiest room :')
Original post by Humz7
oh right, fair enough :smile: yeah I realised that when I went for the social sciences open day on the 12th of feb, all the buildings for lectures etc. were based around the city.
I recognised that when we drove towards the city centre and I was pretty amazed at it, especially with the sporting fields it had too :P
is it? yeah they wouldn't show us what the halls were like because obviously, the residents were in them, so there was a no show :/ are we able to see them anywhere online?
very small or live-able small?

really?! i've applied for psychology with sport and exercise science :smile:
what do you think of the course? are you happy you're doing it? also, what other uni's did you apply for?

Within clifton we have an astro turf, 2 rugby pitches, 2 football pitches and a very big sports hall with a big gym, 2 basketball courts, and then another sportshall room upstairs, also with 3 squash courts. you'll never get board on clifton campus either :smile:
if you go onto https://selfservice.ntu.ac.uk/pls/selfservice/bwskambd.p_buildingdetail?bldg=PEV and then there should be pictures on the right, click the 3rd picture and there is a picture of the room :smile:
it is livable...to be fair you wont really need a tv or anything, just a laptop or comp as you prob wont be in your room for much of the time anyways :smile:
i love my course, couldnt have picked a better course for myself to be fair :smile:...some subjects are just common sense but some are more interestign and its good to learn new things. i am very happy doing it, lots of banter and quite alot of people take it. i applied for Birmingham, Leeds met, Bournemouth and I cant remember the last one....but as soon as i went to Trent i knew this is where i wanted to be...
Do you play any sports?
Original post by pinda.college
:smile:Nice to see someone's who's willing to help us 'potential freshers'. I'll be based on the city campus and was wondering how quick on-campus accomodation gets booked? Also is there a confirmed date and time of when the booking system goes live yet?

Final question, you don't have to answer it:wink: Tell me 5 reasons why you enjoy studying at Nottingham Trent (social, education or whatever reasons):redface:

Its ok :smile:...i'm pretty sure you'll get a booklet at the end of the month and it will have what time you can book accommodation and how so look out for that...
When i tried to book uni accomodation, it was fully booked up within the first few hours or within a day of the online booking system opening. I know on the day you can start booking just after 9, so i advise you to make a note and get the accomodation you want.
ahh there are too many reasons as to why i love trent!
youll meet a load of new people who will become like your 2nd family, the sporting facilities are amazing, the sporting societies socials are just immense and very random! the lecturers are always there to give support, and well, living away from home and being able to do what you want and wen you want without any questions :P

and well the banter is just the best! i dont think ive laughed as much as i have within a few months then i have in a life time :smile:
Reply 424
hi, ive got conditional offer at trent aswell doin psychology with sport science, i went to the open day on wednesday and looks buzzin, i checked sandby halls and it looks decent, my friend was sayin its cheaper there then the newer lookin blocks just across (not sure of the name, they're the blocks just behind the shabbier lookin halls directly across from sandby) my mate was sayin that in sandby you get to know everyone in the halls but wiv the newer lookin block although it looks nicer, you only realy get to know the 6 people on ur block aswell as it being around £40 more expensive per week...

clifton campus looks good its just too far from the action it seems, so sandby i think it is...

do u have to be doing sport science course to play for a uni sport's team or doesnt that matter?... and whats their footy team like?
Original post by hayzie
hi, ive got conditional offer at trent aswell doin psychology with sport science, i went to the open day on wednesday and looks buzzin, i checked sandby halls and it looks decent, my friend was sayin its cheaper there then the newer lookin blocks just across (not sure of the name, they're the blocks just behind the shabbier lookin halls directly across from sandby) my mate was sayin that in sandby you get to know everyone in the halls but wiv the newer lookin block although it looks nicer, you only realy get to know the 6 people on ur block aswell as it being around £40 more expensive per week...

clifton campus looks good its just too far from the action it seems, so sandby i think it is...

do u have to be doing sport science course to play for a uni sport's team or doesnt that matter?... and whats their footy team like?

Hey im a current 1st year but im always able to help :smile:
in sandby halls you will get to know a lot of people within your halls but then again you are sharing a kitched with 13-14 people...but it is worth it if you dont mind the mess :smile:
you are on about gill street, the ones behind hamden which are opposite sandby...gill street is more expensive but thats because they are much nicer then sandby
No you dont have to be on a sports course to play on the sports team. are you a boy or a girl as it is different within both sexes as to how many times a week you train and what league they are in :smile:
Reply 426
im a guy, played at pro level before released lol (hence resulting in uni)...

how much nicer is it than sandby, i wanted to have a look inside but didnt get the chance, is it true about it bein less sociable and u reckon it worth 40 quid extra a week?
Original post by hayzie
im a guy, played at pro level before released lol (hence resulting in uni)...

how much nicer is it than sandby, i wanted to have a look inside but didnt get the chance, is it true about it bein less sociable and u reckon it worth 40 quid extra a week?

well the mens 1st team plays in the 1A midlands conference league which is the league below the north premier which is good....im pretty sure they only train once a week as do most teams, but depending on whether next year they try and go for platnum or gold scholar off the NTU sports hall will vary on how many times you are required to train.
nono sandby is quite social. i knew one person in sandby and now i know quite a few as once you know on person you will get to know more :smile:....but to be honest your football team will be more sociable as the sports societies will go otu every wednesday after matches and do a bar crawl and end up in ocean....so you might need that 40 quid for drinks :P
Reply 428
lol just checked a forum it says sandby 100 gill street 114, dno if i heard right thinking fourteen was actually forty lool.... do u stay in halls? what u mean platnum and gold aswell...

u know how i could go about getting a sport's scholarship? i havent considered yet cause i wanted to go uni without the added pressure of performing but i wanted to ask if you know how it works?
Reply 429
Original post by ironandwine
Fair enough :smile: I am not looking forward to my exams haha, but the summer after will be awesome! To be quite honest, Gill Street is way out of my budget haha, just looks so nice! Is it quite hard/competitive to get a place in halls then? I really want to stay in them, even if I end up in the smallest and dirtiest room :')

Aha me neither, but I just wanna get it over with and enjoy my summer too :biggrin:. It does look nice, but maybe a bit overpriced lol. Er, it is competitive yeah, with people with unconditionals booking first and all. But if you book soon as the system opens (they'll tell you what day) you'll find somewhere to live for sure :smile: if not the accommodation service will help you out. So wouldn't worry much.
Reply 430
Original post by natashalouise2109
I confirmed around a month ago too. If you went to the NTU open day they explained that accom bookings would not be opening until later on. Its first come first served. So be quick :smile:. Its in April or May that it opens I think, cant really remember. Im going to ring them up sometime soon x

Yehh I went to an applicant day in feb, but it was only just touched on.. when you ring would you mind private messaging me what they say please? :smile: xx
i know the prices for both peverell and the new accommodation on clifton if anyone wants to find out then quote me to know them
Original post by Jobud
Aha me neither, but I just wanna get it over with and enjoy my summer too :biggrin:. It does look nice, but maybe a bit overpriced lol. Er, it is competitive yeah, with people with unconditionals booking first and all. But if you book soon as the system opens (they'll tell you what day) you'll find somewhere to live for sure :smile: if not the accommodation service will help you out. So wouldn't worry much.

Sweet, cheers for the help, think I'm leaning towards Hampden Halls at the moment :smile:
Original post by babelicious_1986
i know the prices for both peverell and the new accommodation on clifton if anyone wants to find out then quote me to know them

yes please! how much will they be :smile:?
Original post by Sophie1803x
yes please! how much will they be :smile:?

Peverell standard room will be £103 pounds, rooms in peverell that are a bit larger will £106.

new accommodation: standard room £118, studio £132
Reply 435
Original post by a.wadeson2905
Within clifton we have an astro turf, 2 rugby pitches, 2 football pitches and a very big sports hall with a big gym, 2 basketball courts, and then another sportshall room upstairs, also with 3 squash courts. you'll never get board on clifton campus either :smile:
if you go onto https://selfservice.ntu.ac.uk/pls/selfservice/bwskambd.p_buildingdetail?bldg=PEV and then there should be pictures on the right, click the 3rd picture and there is a picture of the room :smile:
it is livable...to be fair you wont really need a tv or anything, just a laptop or comp as you prob wont be in your room for much of the time anyways :smile:
i love my course, couldnt have picked a better course for myself to be fair :smile:...some subjects are just common sense but some are more interestign and its good to learn new things. i am very happy doing it, lots of banter and quite alot of people take it. i applied for Birmingham, Leeds met, Bournemouth and I cant remember the last one....but as soon as i went to Trent i knew this is where i wanted to be...
Do you play any sports?

I was sold as soon as you mentioned the football pitches :P
wow, there's loads to do then :smile: are there any tennis courts, athletics tracks or swimming pools?

ah right, it looks pretty decent to be fair. really? I think i'd need a tv for the ps3 haha.

oh right? that's good, i'm glad I applied here and got an offer :smile:
yep, I primarily play football; love it, but I really enjoy playing tennis and training on the athletics track.
how about you?
Peverell standard room will be £103 pounds, rooms in peverell that are a bit larger will £106.

new accommodation: standard room £118, studio £132

ahhh brill thanks very much :smile: how have you found that out?
Original post by Sophie1803x
ahhh brill thanks very much :smile: how have you found that out?

worked at one of the post applicant open days at clifton today and prices were there on a piece of paper for next year so probably will be online to view from next week
worked at one of the post applicant open days at clifton today and prices were there on a piece of paper for next year so probably will be online to view from next week

I probally saw you then. Are you a second year? Whats Clifton like during the week? I was suprised all the shops were shut today, are they normally shut on saturdays then?
Original post by jelly1000
I probally saw you then. Are you a second year? Whats Clifton like during the week? I was suprised all the shops were shut today, are they normally shut on saturdays then?

third, was one of the people that was registering everyone at the start who had to mark them off on the list rather than the laptop as it wouldn't work for me.

clifton's really good during the week, constantly busy and we have markets linked to the city council on campus once a term so you can buy lots of different things plus we get a fruit/veg stall on campus twice a week so its a lot cheaper than the supermarkets and whole lot fresher.

the student union opens at midday on the weekend, unfortunately costa is only open on mon-friday which is a bit of a pain so is the cafes/canteen in george elliott too and the shop only opens at 11am on the weekends. its same with city campus though as the union and shop are only open certain hours while food outlets are mostly shut.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending