The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Original post by Shellfish002
Interview went terribly! I could really do with an offer, though as I really need a backup - getting 3 As is going to be so hard!

you managed an offer at both of your 2 other interviews so i doubt it's gone bad. Why what were your AS?
Original post by dmz
you managed an offer at both of your 2 other interviews so i doubt it's gone bad. Why what were your AS?

AABBC Lmao. C in Chemistry of all things! I messed my AS's up because I didn't work hard enough... and my Chemistry teacher bored the crap out of me. I'm getting straight As in Chemistry and English now, it's Biology and Maths that's going to be the push... I got Bs in both last year, I got two As in the Core Maths modules (AQA) but it's the applied one that drags me down (stats is awful!) ... I resat a lot in January, though, so hopefully I will have brought it up to atleast AAABB.

Wow. Sorry for rambling. I'm just so ashamed of my AS's and I feel like everyone (and moreover, me :mad:) thinks I'm stupid because I got those grades and that I don't deserve a place at medical school. I'm completely bewildered as to how I got two offers to be honest. My UKCAT and interview must have contributed quite a bit. :/
Reply 1282
AABBC Lmao. C in Chemistry of all things! I messed my AS's up because I didn't work hard enough... and my Chemistry teacher bored the crap out of me. I'm getting straight As in Chemistry and English now, it's Biology and Maths that's going to be the push... I got Bs in both last year, I got two As in the Core Maths modules (AQA) but it's the applied one that drags me down (stats is awful!) ... I resat a lot in January, though, so hopefully I will have brought it up to atleast AAABB.

Wow. Sorry for rambling. I'm just so ashamed of my AS's and I feel like everyone (and moreover, me :mad:) thinks I'm stupid because I got those grades and that I don't deserve a place at medical school. I'm completely bewildered as to how I got two offers to be honest. My UKCAT and interview must have contributed quite a bit. :/

i had a BBBBD if we count general study. And was 4 ums above a C in chemistry. Don't worry about it, did a lot of resit in Jan and everything went well, would have gotten an A* if not for my D in practical so i really wouldn't worry if you're working hard to pick up. I managed to pick all mine up except for applied maths which screwed me up as well, got AABA in core but C's in applied :tongue:, you'll be more than okay :biggrin:

Don't worry bout what anyone else thinks....just concentrate on getting the grades and being able to firm your offer!:biggrin: There will always be someone who has done worse than you........like me for example! I got BBBCCC in my Scottish Highers when I was at school (man 16 was not a good age for me to be sitting exams! :colone:), now those are some low grades for bein at medical school:colondollar: But if anyone wants to think that makes me stupid, it's their mistake....
Original post by dmz
i had a BBBBD if we count general study. And was 4 ums above a C in chemistry. Don't worry about it, did a lot of resit in Jan and everything went well, would have gotten an A* if not for my D in practical so i really wouldn't worry if you're working hard to pick up. I managed to pick all mine up except for applied maths which screwed me up as well, got AABA in core but C's in applied :tongue:, you'll be more than okay :biggrin:

Aww wow, thanks, that's really encouraging :smile: Yes, damn applied maths!

Original post by bryan.connell
Don't worry bout what anyone else thinks....just concentrate on getting the grades and being able to firm your offer!:biggrin: There will always be someone who has done worse than you........like me for example! I got BBBCCC in my Scottish Highers when I was at school (man 16 was not a good age for me to be sitting exams! :colone:), now those are some low grades for bein at medical school:colondollar: But if anyone wants to think that makes me stupid, it's their mistake....

It's too true, I will definately do that. Yeah, often academic qualifications aren't a true representation of someone's ability, and if they were to underestimate you because of it then it's their loss. I think if anything proves that it's how high your UKCAT score is.
:smile:

those are my original scottish highers too... *blush* I also got BBD in my advanced highers!

I have no idea why people offer me interviews to anything...
Reply 1286
Aww wow, thanks, that's really encouraging :smile: Yes, damn applied maths!

It's too true, I will definately do that. Yeah, often academic qualifications aren't a true representation of someone's ability, and if they were to underestimate you because of it then it's their loss. I think if anything proves that it's how high your UKCAT score is.
:smile:

if you want it you'll get it :biggrin: good chance you're smarter than me too :tongue:
When/if we get in anybody up for making an "I hate Aberdeen Medical School" Society? :colone:
Reply 1288
Original post by Lost Time
When/if we get in anybody up for making an "I hate Aberdeen Medical School" Society? :colone:

hell Yea. Let the rivalry begin!
Reply 1289
13 days to go :afraid:
That's still almost two weeks DX
I've got my interview on Monday. I don't think I'm as motivated as I should be :boring:

It's been about 7 weeks since my last interview (which I thought would probably be my last one) and I remember NOTHING. Oh dear...

At least I won't have a long wait to hear like you guys have :awesome:
Reply 1292
Original post by Georgie Doll
I've got my interview on Monday. I don't think I'm as motivated as I should be :boring:

It's been about 7 weeks since my last interview (which I thought would probably be my last one) and I remember NOTHING. Oh dear...

hmmm :indiff:

I'm sure your brain will kick in and remember some of the info as you approach your interview and remember the format etc.

Good luck, when did you get your invite?
Original post by Lost Time
I'm sure your brain will kick in and remember some of the info as you approach your interview and remember the format etc.

Good luck, when did you get your invite?

Thanks! I hope so anyway :smile:

I got my invite in the middle of January actually, it's just with prelims and everything I've not had as much time to prepare as I would have liked.

My friend received her invite at the beginning of December and her interview is on the 14th of March I think... I started to lose all hope!
Reply 1295

I got my invite in the middle of January actually, it's just with prelims and everything I've not had as much time to prepare as I would have liked.

My friend received her invite at the beginning of December and her interview is on the 14th of March I think... I started to lose all hope!

I had like a 10 day notice, everyone else seems to have loads :frown:

What time is it at? I'm 345pm :smile:
Original post by Harbour Seal
What time is it at? I'm 345pm :smile:

I'm at 10am, guess we'll miss each other completely! Good luck tomorrow :smile:
I'm at 10am, guess we'll miss each other completely! Good luck tomorrow :smile:

You too!

Just keep swimming...
Reply 1299
Good luck to both of you for tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest