The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FruitBombs
Is anyone going to the mech eng 2-day open day thing starting on 21st or 22nd March at Collingwood College??

I don't know whether to go seeing as train tickets will be £60 min and they want us to pay £30 for accommodation! :frown:

You have to pay for the open day accommodation!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 4361
Original post by Folie
Hmm, it won't load it for some reason. Might be because I'm on my phone, I'll try on the computer later :smile: I don't really know, I got my first choice but castle is the most popular so I guess wait and see. I think they try to balance the colleges in terms of subjects/gender/background and stuff so I think maybe that has something to do with it.

I found out a week after my offer. I heard back in November though when they might not have had so many applications to deal with. I think they aim for 2 weeks.

Aaah thanks for that! Apparently Castle's really into EC stuff and as I applied through Extra I wrote a new personal statement without any of my hobbies because the PS on my UCAS included that, annnnd I didn't want to seem rant-ish :tongue:
Fingers-crossed! Either way, I'm really looking forward to Durham :biggrin:
Original post by Silent-Varjoisa
You have to pay for the open day accommodation!

if your open day requires an overnight stay then yes :s-smilie:
Is it just me that still hasn't heard from them ?!?!?!
if your open day requires an overnight stay then yes :s-smilie:

Oh! Wow I wasn't expecting to have to do that, and it's £30 that's quite steep.
Reply 4365
Hey, I'm new to this post, but is anyone looking to go to Durham Queens Campus in Stockton? Anyone know what it's like there for nightlife etc? Quote me :-)
Reply 4366
Original post by Alphalpha

No, there are lots of people at my college who have only just heard or are still waiting. I think you can probably expect to hear soon though, I assume they try to give out offers before the open days so that everyone gets a chance to visit (open days are towards end of the month).
Is anyone going to the mech eng 2-day open day thing starting on 21st or 22nd March at Collingwood College??

I don't know whether to go seeing as train tickets will be £60 min and they want us to pay £30 for accommodation! :frown:

I'm going on the 21st for Engineering at Collingwood :biggrin:
Original post by Folie
No, there are lots of people at my college who have only just heard or are still waiting. I think you can probably expect to hear soon though, I assume they try to give out offers before the open days so that everyone gets a chance to visit (open days are towards end of the month).

Thanks for this :smile: gives me a bit of reassurance that they're not just ignoring me hah!

It's been nearly 5 months and heard nothing from Durham :frown:
Original post by cpdavis
It's been nearly 5 months and heard nothing from Durham :frown:

Snap, What course did you apply for?
If you don't mind me asking.
Snap, What course did you apply for?
If you don't mind me asking.

Applied to do maths, you?
Original post by cpdavis
Applied to do maths, you?

Physics, I have a friend who applied for maths, got rejected in two days from applying, although i don't think his marks were up to scratch, but anyway.
Good luck with getting an offer :smile:
Original post by khm2793
Hey, I'm new to this post, but is anyone looking to go to Durham Queens Campus in Stockton? Anyone know what it's like there for nightlife etc? Quote me :-)

I'm attempting :tongue:, but I actually don't know anything about Stockton to be honest. So any input would be wonderful
Reply 4374
Hi guys how long does it usually take until you find out which college you've been allocated to? I received my offer 4 days ago (unofficially) so my track has been updated yet. Just being* a tad curious that's all :smile:
Original post by vms
Hi guys how long does it usually take until you find out which college you've been allocated to? I received my offer 4 days ago (unofficially) so my track has been updated yet. Just being* a tad curious that's all :smile:

I found out a while afterwards. I think it was a few weeks, but that was also over the winter holidays, so that no doubt put a hold for part of it.
Original post by vms

From the official UCAS thing about 2 weeks ago it took 8 days for the AES to update, and then another 4 days for a letter to arrive :smile:
Maths offers now being given out it seems, still not heard anything...

Oh! Wow I wasn't expecting to have to do that, and it's £30 that's quite steep.

It's for overnight stay plus 2 or 3 meals.

Original post by vms

It's really variable. And your college might not appear on UCAS at all (mine hasn't since my offer in November). You get your college allocation in a letter through the post. You can usually find out a few days before it arrives because the college name appears under "useful links" on AES.

Latest