The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Hey,

I am applying for medical physics this year but as far as I know everyone can only apply to 4 posts. Someone was telling me that Newcastle in past didnt count as one and was separate from this rule? I’m assuming this is no longer true, does anyone know?

Hi everyone, has everyone who's applying for clinical biochemistry submitted their applications already? I'm still working on my personal statement and was planning on submitting it on sunday night or even monday morning. Do you guys think that's leaving it too late?
I know it's quite risky as it says on the website deadline may be brought forward, but really want to make my statement perfect so I have a decent chance of being short-listed.
I believe them bringing the dates forward will be in extreme cases. Waiting til tomorrow night will be fine.

That being said, I applied today :smile:
What do you mean by 'extreme cases'?
Reply 1264
Original post by Adam_Lavign
Hi everyone, has everyone who's applying for clinical biochemistry submitted their applications already? I'm still working on my personal statement and was planning on submitting it on sunday night or even monday morning. Do you guys think that's leaving it too late?
I know it's quite risky as it says on the website deadline may be brought forward, but really want to make my statement perfect so I have a decent chance of being short-listed.

I'm doing the same.....

I don't want to rush it, make silly mistakes and risk the chance of getting shortlisted.

Fingers crossed the posts stay open!

Where are you applying to?
The clinical biochemistry posts in London. Can't apply to the ones outside of London, cos I can't travel there.
Reply 1266
Original post by j0j0binx86
ok I've just noticed some vacancies for reproductive science have already expired!! with NO warning....argh! Has this happened for any other discipline??

Really?! Which ones??? Hoping to send my applications in tomorrow or tonight depending on if i think they are ready. Have been in touch with leeds and they are posting theirs in the next few days. Liverpool is still not up yet is it?

To b fair you sound like you have way more experience then me! I did some reproductive science in my degree and I have visited a lab like I said. I currently work in a laboratory but not in a healthcare setting and its mostly chemistry.
Is three pages too long for the personal statement section? Eventhough I havn't got much experience I've written alot about why I want the post and my dissertation project at university.
Reply 1268
Original post by Adam_Lavign
Is three pages too long for the personal statement section? Eventhough I havn't got much experience I've written alot about why I want the post and my dissertation project at university.

I dont think there is any limit, mine is about 4. There is so much on the personal spec that I could not have covered it all in any less. Especially as like you I have wanted to talk about my experience and my uni studies.
Thanks so much for replying so quickly! As I'm working on mine at the moment and was just about to cut it down significantly, but was worried about cutting out relevant info!

Thanx!
Has anyone applied to more than four? I heard that they are not as strict about it this year
Doesn't it look like your not very committed, if you apply for, say for example a post in clinical biochemistry and you show how passionate you are about clinical biochemistry, but then you also apply for audiology and on your personal statement for that you say you've always wanted a career in audiology?
R there people still working on their applications, who are applying for the London posts for clinical biochemistry?
Are you all graduates?
This is supposed to be like a CV so 4 pages might be too much. They recommend 2 pages of A4 really. Remember it won't be academics reading it, it'll be a company hired to look through them so you need to make a point quickly and concisely!
Reply 1275
Original post by GraduateSK
Has anyone applied to more than four? I heard that they are not as strict about it this year

I would like to but I am scared that if I do it will discount my applications as it does state on the website that "Candidates may apply for up to four separate training posts" :s-smilie:
Would anyone applying for clinical biochemistry want to swap personal statements to provide critical feedback?
Original post by Topazx
Really?! Which ones??? Hoping to send my applications in tomorrow or tonight depending on if i think they are ready. Have been in touch with leeds and they are posting theirs in the next few days. Liverpool is still not up yet is it?

Bristol and Leicester have gone..its only 2 but it freaked me out! plus I was gonna apply for Bristol...oh well...!
Liverpool should be posting theirs soon too.

Good luck!
Leeds is gone as well. The genetics program.
Reply 1279
STP website now has dates of the assessment centres and job references for all posts.
http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/hcsi_STP_training_opportunities.shtml

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending