The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
5'11
Size 14/16 (32in waist on most jeans)
36in jeans needed.
Reply 81
I'm 4'11 and wear size 10 jeans/trousers.
Reply 82
Original post by flowermaster91
5'6 size 12 jeans, but trousers can never seem to fit my waist. It's always so loose and i have to wear a belt :colonhash:

I'm exactly the sameee! I just never wear jeans anymore because I hate how they never quite fit properly on the waist :frown:
Original post by Saranghea
It's not fair seeing as they almost always have the Petite sections but hardly EVER the tall sections!! So depressing :frown:

My local topshop ONLY stock jeans in the normal and tall ranges, so inside seam starts @ 30''. I'm 5'3, 29inch inseam.
Reply 84
Original post by BarbedWireInMyBoxers
I'm exactly those measurements and the same height, but i'm a size 8 o.o
:rolleyes:

but size 8 is 26 inches waist :/
Original post by Wanischa

Size 6 = 23-24" waist
Size 8 = 25-26" waist
Reply 86
Original post by StressReliever
Size 6 = 23-24" waist
Size 8 = 25-26" waist

Lol, then Miss Selfridge's jeans are obviously lying, it's say size 6 with 25 inches waist.
Size 8 is generally too baggy for me anyway :/

Wait, I just looked up, size 6 is 25.5 waist.
24.5 is size 4.
26.5 is size 8.

So I was kind of right.
(edited 13 years ago)

Ahh. The label on the jeans. Yep, that's right. I thought we were talking about actual waist measurements. Me = dopey.
Lol, then Miss Selfridge's jeans are obviously lying, it's say size 6 with 25 inches waist.
Size 8 is generally too baggy for me anyway :/

Wait, I just looked up, size 6 is 25.5 waist.
24.5 is size 4.
26.5 is size 8.

So I was kind of right.

The size chart below says a 25 inch waist is a size 8: http://www.missselfridge.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaticPageDisplay?storeId=12554&catalogId=33055&identifier=ms2-sizing-guide#anchor04D64F640233C9750003ABCD17EAA5ED
Reply 89
Original post by .snowflake.
My local topshop ONLY stock jeans in the normal and tall ranges, so inside seam starts @ 30''. I'm 5'3, 29inch inseam.

:eek:

That is a first! I live close to the flagship store in london and STILL find it hard to fid any long enough that actually fit right! I'm sorry to hear that though, it's just not right. They have a wider selection online though :smile:
5ft 6
33 inches, inside leg
size 8
Original post by BarbedWireInMyBoxers
Ahh. The label on the jeans. Yep, that's right. I thought we were talking about actual waist measurements. Me = dopey.

Ah, I understand now as well.

But that's the waistband size not necessarily actual waistline circumference.
5'3, 30 inch inseam, size 8 in New Look and I can't afford jeans anywhere else.
Original post by Saranghea
:eek:

That is a first! I live close to the flagship store in london and STILL find it hard to fid any long enough that actually fit right! I'm sorry to hear that though, it's just not right. They have a wider selection online though :smile:

Been into the shop once in Oxford Street in August. Took so long to find the one T-shirt I was after. So busy, not doing that again. I would buy them off the internet, but i'm amazingly out of proportion, or so it feels, that I'd rather try them on irl first.
I wear UK size 12 jeans, occasionally 14, depending on the store, but the fit my leg length and width but not my waist, they're usually too loose and I have to wear a belt. :frown:
Original post by lacelicker
Is that sarcasm????? Your spoiler would suggest you are mocking me ...... :s-smilie:

No I was a little hyper-active writing that. No sarcasm or mockery, just someone with half a brain writing. Sorry!
Reply 96

This confuses me too. I has a 26" waist yet have to buy 31" waist jeans :lolwut:
Reply 97
Original post by ily_em
This confuses me too. I has a 26" waist yet have to buy 31" waist jeans :lolwut:

Waistband measurements on jeans normally fall somewhere between the natural waist and hip measurements of said size.

I'm guessing your hips are 32-34in?
Reply 98
Original post by Abi24
Waistband measurements on jeans normally fall somewhere between the natural waist and hip measurements of said size.

I'm guessing your hips are 32-34in?

More like 40" :teehee: size 12 btw

Yep. My sis gets confused with that. She's like, "I have a 29 inch waist! *sad face*", No, Ree, that's the label on your jeans... They don't sit on your actual waist unless they are actually high-waisted. o.o Hahaa!