The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know how many applicants st Andrews had this year?
Original post by laurenl93
To all you guys that havent heard yet or have had an interview, my interview is on the 18th of March, which i asked admissions and they told me is the last interview date

So if you're waiting for an interview from standrews, there's still time dont worry, and if you're waiting for a rejection/offer, this is the date that the countdown will start for that "your UCAS application status has changed" email

Good luck lovies :h:

Well if it's 2 weeks notice last Friday was the deadline for the 18th:frown: unless you get a magic phone call like the op:redface:
Original post by Anterior view
Does anyone know how many applicants st Andrews had this year?

well, according to this site, approximately 1000 :smile: http://www.medical-interviews.co.uk/StAndrews-Medical-School-Undergraduate.aspx
Reply 1303
I just looked at the thread for last year and rejections as well as offers started to be given out the week before the week of the last interview. So seeing that the last interview is 18th then we should start hearing next week :/ maybe even tomorrow :0
Guys honestly, I had given up hope of an interview and was planning my gap year when I got a phone call from admissions asking me if I could attend an interview on Wednesday, so don't give up hope! If you are determined to do medicine it doesn't matter how long it takes you, you'll get there one way or another. I genuinely wish you all the best of luck!
Reply 1305
Haha, last years thread had 21 pages, this one has 71 already :tongue: This probably says a lot about us! :biggrin: here's last years thread if anyones interested http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1081544&highlight=St.+Andrews+Medicine+Applicants+2010&page=17
Reply 1306
Original post by KCosmo
Haha, last years thread had 21 pages, this one has 71 already :tongue: This probably says a lot about us! :biggrin: here's last years thread if anyones interested http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1081544&highlight=St.+Andrews+Medicine+Applicants+2010&page=17

Not good for us though ... means more competition
Reply 1307
Original post by ryan118244

i think the competition is same... but TSR might have gone a bit more popular since last year :smile:
Reply 1308

Or maybe we're just way chattier! :tongue: I think competition goes up every year, I hate to think what it'll be like in 10 years time!
Reply 1309
Original post by KCosmo
Or maybe we're just way chattier! :tongue: I think competition goes up every year, I hate to think what it'll be like in 10 years time!

*the awkward moment when TSR ST. Andrews medicine 2011 goes completely quiet right after KCosmo's message . . .:tongue:
Reply 1310
Original post by KCosmo

Humm true ... will probably need to be an autistic savant or robot to get in in 10 yrs time!
Original post by dariadaphne

What Highers AAAAA and AhAAA that will definitely cut down the numbers!
I just looked at the thread for last year and rejections as well as offers started to be given out the week before the week of the last interview. So seeing that the last interview is 18th then we should start hearing next week :/ maybe even tomorrow :0

i don't know what to say ... they said on their website that they'll be handing offers around the end of March ... next week seems too soon in my opinion ... but I wouldn't mind if the wait was over :smile: that, in case I hear a positive result, of course :smile:
Reply 1313
Original post by dariadaphne
i don't know what to say ... they said on their website that they'll be handing offers around the end of March ... next week seems too soon in my opinion ... but I wouldn't mind if the wait was over :smile: that, in case I hear a positive result, of course :smile:

Theyve always said that though, doesn't mean they can't start and then carry on till end of march time? Tbh I hope o do hear bk next week ... only if it's an offer though lol
Reply 1314
Theyve always said that though, doesn't mean they can't start and then carry on till end of march time? Tbh I hope o do hear bk next week ... only if it's an offer though lol

I think that only those who got rejected were announced earlier... It seems that way to me :s-smilie:
Reply 1315
Original post by SRK.
*the awkward moment when TSR ST. Andrews medicine 2011 goes completely quiet right after KCosmo's message . . .:tongue:

:biggrin:
Reply 1316

Yeh I think that's the case. All of us will have definitely heard by the end of March, but they're not going to send everyones on the 31st, they'll spread it out between now and the next 4 weeks
Reply 1317
Original post by Anterior view
What Highers AAAAA and AhAAA that will definitely cut down the numbers!

I was wondering about this a while ago, the website's definitely got it wrong though! (hopefully)
Reply 1318
Original post by teafil
I think that only those who got rejected were announced earlier... It seems that way to me :s-smilie:

True but then I noticed a few offers as well ... so there's always hope!

I'm getting so confused with your new pic now, keep thinking it's someone else haha
Well, good luck to everyone if offers are beginning to come out this week! (for people who've already had interviews) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest